Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we showed even the slightest bit of interest in Carlisle, I reckon he'd do whatever it takes to get here. Would probably drive to Alex Keath's house, get him drunk and make him re-sign with Adelaide.

If we get Bruce does Naughton go back? I love him forward but maybe he still prefers defence and the club is trying to make that work. Would be a shame.

If we get Bruce does Naughton go back? I love him forward but maybe he still prefers defence and the club is trying to make that work. Would be a shame.

Naughton isn’t a shut down defender. Absolutely the interceptor.

Especially if we got Keath then young and Keath both play that intercepting role.

Naughton isn’t needed then really in the backline.

Gardner and Cordy (and to a lesser extent Sweet) are good enough key forward depth for now. If Gardner doesn’t improve by the end of next year then I’d be looking for another state league key forward as depth until JUH is available.

Sorry mate

Gardner and good enough don’t belong in the same sentence

The saints need to offload players to get the new ones they want in under the cap

They are already tight and will have to pay massive overs to bring in anyone coz there is no other reason anyone would want to go there.

They are a mid aged bottom 4 team that is going to throw all their picks and cap at anyone that will take their cash and it’s not a way to build a successful team.

They are set for another ten years of nothing

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Carlisle was on his way out the door at Essendon, we made enquiries, but his management wanted to negotiate deal terms before we could even talk to him or tour our facilities or anything. Bevo made mention of it at the time. I think it left a sour taste in people's mouths. Combined with his off field issues as soon as he turned up at St Kilda along with the way he left Essendon, I would be very cautious about going for him. Blokes that like can kill culture. It's rare that a club like Essendon let players leave who they would rather keep. Only dry eyes at Essendon when he left.

More chance of me being Big Foooty poster of the year than Carlisle coming to the dogs

You all missed Bevs comments on him when he was previously rumoured to come to us?

No not mentioning that we will go after Carlisle. More that Bruce might request out if his mate (who is Carlisle) also requests out.

Yep your right. The initial meeting with Carlisle wasn’t a good one.

Having 2 of the top 5 contested markers in the competition, both in the forward line would be drool worthy.
Yep. Bruce is also a big bodied pack buster. Would fit in a treat with Schache and Naughts, very difficult to defend How Dickson, Lloyd, Dale and a small all fit could be tricky but a good problem to have.

Yep. Bruce is also a big bodied pack buster. Would fit in a treat with Schache and Naughts, very difficult to defend How Dickson, Lloyd, Dale and a small all fit could be tricky but a good problem to have.

Dickson hasn’t got long. If we were to play 3 tall forwards then the smalls have to be agile. Cavarra would be suited and so too Dale.

Whilst Lloyd has been a handy pickup he will be 30 next year so he will eventually be phased out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back