News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how I feel.

Early days he was great, had us playing amazing football have dropped off since though and haven't looked the same.

I don't think the club has helped with those put around him but he kind of lost me towards the end of the year with team selection.

Had some great moments and can’t be forgotten he had us to a GF as favourites.

Ultimately though Don nailed himself to a core playing group which have failed. As that group are being disbanded, going down with the ship is the honourable thing to do.

That’s 2 of the leadership. Odds on Burton doing the right thing are remote though

b4zCVK.gif

Im ready. Thanks.

Grotts you’re on fire today mate

Dont really like it as i feel hes been scapegoated. Now there willbe no change in other areas.... " it was Dons fault the club is stuffed etc..." dont blame him for choosing personal life and hapiness over the crapstorm that is the AFC atm though.
Hope we can bring someone like Sumich in who wont take nonsense from the top and his support staff but am hearing he is freo bound. This club is a shambles and it makes me sad 😩

Lots of pain and frustration during this tenure but also fond memories of rocking up to AO every week in '16-'17 expecting us to spank all comers and usually delivering... '17 prelim probably my favourite ever night out at the footy. Not much point focusing on what followed, this hopefully allows the club to finally move on as well.

If this is just so we say they have done an external review and all that happens is Pyke gets sacked then that will be ******* pathetic.

He actually deserved 1 more year so I hope who ever they have lined up for coach is good.

If Burton and Hass stay then we are f’ed
Hass? The Phys Edder? Who gives a s**t about him. If anything, he did better this year - injuries sure weren't our problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel bad for the bloke but he had no plan B.

Hope we can get Carracella

When plan a failed, he blamed the players.

Now captain and coach of 2017 gf are gone, maybe Jenkins will stay?

And I look forward to the news, roo is stepping down.

Had some great moments and can’t be forgotten he had us to a GF as favourites.

Ultimately though Don nailed himself to a core playing group which have failed. As that group are being disbanded, going down with the ship is the honourable thing to do.

That’s 2 of the leadership. Odds on Burton doing the right thing are remote though
You'd actually need some self awareness to do that.

Plus Pyke is probably set for cash anyway, Burton gets the ass from us and he's probably back doing PT sessions and the local gym.

Already made his fortune outside of football, no need for him to stick around and put up with all the BS from the review, and probably couldn't bring himself to go thru another season of cotton-woolling entitled young millennial egos every week.

The best thing about this is all of the established, talented senior coaches who are keen & available to take his spot at the moment. Position should be filled by COB tomorrow with the amount of good options around right now - perfect timing as always, the AFC way 👍

I'll say it.

He wasn't good enough.

Maybe had some good points, but he certainly never gave the feeling he was always certain in what he was doing and never committed all in on being the head coach from his first press conference to his last

Dont really like it as i feel hes been scapegoated. Now there willbe no change in other areas.... " it was Dons fault the club is stuffed etc..." dont blame him for choosing personal life and hapiness over the crapstorm that is the AFC atm though.
Hope we can bring someone like Sumich in who wont take nonsense from the top and his support staff but am hearing he is freo bound. This club is a shambles and it makes me sad
I feel the same

Pyke fought the culture within the club and lost

His decision is to step down is based on not getting the resources that we wants moving forward

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back