News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people saying so and so should've gone first like Don was sacked? He's stepping down, if he was being sacked then we would be saying he's been sacked, we have previously with Sando. Has nothing to do with Burton, Campo etc getting the boot.
Why did he step down though? Did he see the writing on the wall and go "F it, I'm not putting up with another year of this" and walk?

He lost the players after the GF and subsequent camp disaster.

Was disinterested and dismissive of young talent, even when it became apparent we were no longer a top eight side.

Completely failed to adapt to the new rules.

Poor motivator.

The list goes on.

He needed to go. Let his replacement build a team of assistants around him. Oh and bring Noble back as CEO.

I'd take Bassett, the AFC wouldn't though as he is too opinionated, a no nonsense sort. They like their yesmen..

You can keep Voss though.
Well you guys adopted his play style after the bye. Please, be our guests!

8dd576a0bc34327af6f25abd49c872ef.gif
Someone's been making preparations :laughing:

Why did he step down though? Did he see the writing on the wall and go "F it, I'm not putting up with another year of this" and walk?
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean the writing isn't on the wall for Burton and Campo, it could be and should be but we all know they're too arrogant to step down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find this all interesting because at this stage the review is not close to being finished. Spitballing could it be that there is already a body of evidence from the playing group that the players are unhappy with Pyke which may have been communicated and he has jumped before being pushed? An alternative to this is that possibly Pyke is NOT the problem and he got the feeling from the review process that the wrong people were being targeted and that the ones that may well be the problem have been given a free pass? - very hard to speculate as the review is not yet near completion

No one really buys that it was his decision, or the fact that it has "nothing" to do with the review, do they?

I don't feel positive or negative towards this development. But the club can make it a positive by getting rid of the rest of the dead-weight and start again. Next coach needs to be able to take full control on who he has around him.

Thanks for the good times Donny, 2017 was a hell of a year until the final day. The feeling provided from a winning Prelim final was such an amazing experience. Good luck in whatever you do next. :)
Hopefully he helps us one last time by really unloading on who he thinks are the problems at the Club to Dunstall & Co.

The new coach should be able to choose every one of his assistants. This should mean most assistants (Campo, Hart, etc.) won't be there next year.
And he should be backed in for a full rebuild. None of this 2 years of no finals and out crap. We need to pick someone and back them in. It is going to take longer than 2 years to get back up the ladder now.

I find this all interesting because at this stage the review is not close to being finished. Spitballing could it be that there is already a body of evidence from the playing group that the players are unhappy with Pyke which may have been communicated and he has jumped before being pushed? An alternative to this is that possibly Pyke is NOT the problem and he got the feeling from the review process that the wrong people were being targeted and that the ones that may well be the problem have been given a free pass? - very hard to speculate as the review is not yet near completion
Well it's easy to speculate. Just see this thread, lol.

Same text I just sent a mate

Thank you Don. You got us to a GF.

I didn't agree with your blame the player mantra but you gave us all hope after a tragic 18 months

Thank you

Two weeks ago he was begging us to stick together. Now he has runs away claiming demands of a coach to much for him, yet he had runs on the board when he started his own business and built into something worthwhile.

Players sacked him.

And he should be backed in for a full rebuild. None of this 2 years of no finals and out crap. We need to pick someone and back them in. It is going to take longer than 2 years to get back up the ladder now.

Like the pies backed in Buckley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back