Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond do win the GF and i say IF

We have the Collingwood football club to thank for the great work they did in pushing the giants to the last second in that terribly hard game that had just about every GWS player spent and barely able to walk at the end.

Our biggest enemy would have done us the biggest favour :thumbsu:

Thats because you live in the Vic Bubble.

Get out more

Hang on right there!

Port Adelaide = real club.
Adelaide: Started by a non-AFL group because they really believed in football in South Australia.
West Coast, Fremantle: Same.
Sydney: True club, moved north.
Brisbane: Same deal. Fitzroy one of the oldest clubs in the comp.

Gold Coast: Manufactured failure.
GWS: Manufactured non-failure.

Also, I don't want to disparage the GWS supporters either, and I would like GWS to eventually earn the status of "real football club". But right now it is a team manufactured for marketing purposes by the AFL. Let GWS go through a complete rebuild with a few years of pain first.

but they got two first round picks or whatever for each of them

its like a never ending cycle

oh poor gws lost shiel and now will get two more gun u18 players how the heart bleeds

Doesn't mean those players will be anywhere near Shiel and Trelor. They had a lot of duds that did nothing with picks just as good in the past.

Due for a loss then ;)
Yeah that may well be right. We need to win 12 games in a row for our 12th Premiership.

I think we’ve made winning into a habit at this stage and I don’t know if GWS will beat Richmond at the MCG. It would suck for our first loss against them at the MCG to be in a Grand Final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the giants can emulate west coast and win at their first attempt!

We lost to Hawthorn in 91, won in our second attempt the following year. The 91 GF was the only one at Waverley so actually it was our first at the big dance at the G.

help
on grand final day i wil be in Cairns and basically at bouncedown 2:30pm I will be in a taxi or uber returning from the rainforests to my hotel (about a 30 min drive from google).
other than listening options on afl website, is there any way to watch on my phone (NOT a Telstra customer).
I have fox footy and fox app, but game is exclusively on 7.
will 7 be streaming it?
I do not have the option to record it in hotel and shut ears and eyes and chase play once back in hotel room

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

2013-15; Clarko premiership coach
2016; Bevo premiership coach, former Clarko assistant
2017; Dimma premiership coach, former Clarko assistant
2018; Simmo premiership coach, former Clarko assistant
2019; Cameron premiership coach? former Clarko assistant

Bodes well for Lions or Saints fans next year!

help
on grand final day i wil be in Cairns and basically at bouncedown 2:30pm I will be in a taxi or uber returning from the rainforests to my hotel (about a 30 min drive from google).
other than listening options on afl website, is there any way to watch on my phone (NOT a Telstra customer).
I have fox footy and fox app, but game is exclusively on 7.
will 7 be streaming it?
I do not have the option to record it in hotel and shut ears and eyes and chase play once back in hotel room
Won't Fox Footy just be taking the Channel 7 feed? Same as they've done for all the other finals that 7 have covered? That's how I've watched it.

Otherwise, C7 has a live stream, which I assume will still be running for the GF?

Won't Fox Footy just be taking the Channel 7 feed? Same as they've done for all the other finals that 7 have covered? That's how I've watched it.

Otherwise, C7 has a live stream, which I assume will still be running for the GF?
7 doesn’t have online streaming rights to AFL games.

You mean AFL want the team they sunk millions of dollars in to succeed commercially?

Shocker.

Let's not forget that good GWS players have bounced. Can you imagine if they had Trelor, Shiel,
If the Giants wanted to keep them, they would have.
Instead they kept Cogs, Kelly, Whitfield, Taranto, Greene, Williams, Hopper, etc.
I reckon they're pretty happy with their decision.
Treloar and Shiel can rack them up, but just don't hurt, are not damaging, aren't tough enough.

As far as I'm aware foxfooty don't play the grand final. Only repeat it as soon as it's finished.

You mean AFL want the team they sunk millions of dollars in to succeed commercially?

Shocker.

Let's not forget that good GWS players have bounced. Can you imagine if they had Trelor, Shiel,

Treloar and Shiel aren't playing in the Grand Final this weekend, though.

They have generally made the right call with their list - got rid of those who they could cover, kept those that have proved instrumental in the drive towards a flag this year.

******* lol at the manufactured comments.

Did the Richmond FC just appear out of thin air? It’s comments like that that actively make opposition supporters cheer against Richmond. (If they aren’t already)

‘History’ and ‘tradition’ are overrated, especially they’re in reference to a team that isn’t yours.

Look at Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne for teams that have a great (VFL) history, but are irrelevant come finals time. I’d much rather be in GWS’ position right now.

Back