Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers should have more left in the tank in the second half - if Giants get out to an early lead it would need to be a big one if they are to get over the line.

Don’t GWS and Bulldogs have a bitter rivalry?
Yeah I thought this aswell but speaking to a few dog fans I know they're still going for the Giants. To be honest I never thought Bulldogs had a true rival maybe St Kilda in the last decade briefly but yeah doesn't look that way.
Anyway it's "us against the world" as expected.
Even if Geelong made it everyone would still be going for the Giants as the cats are just as unlikeable as us.

That’s a cop out, and a load of rubbish. You don’t just slap together a bunch of draftees and say ‘you’re the best, make it work’. It’s taken them 8 years to make a GF and develop a style that will last in finals. Were Gold Coast not given a significant number of picks as well? Might have to do with the rubbish culture they facilitated and maintained.
Gold coast have blown their chances but will get more chances, cash and picks. Melbourne like Collingwood will not have the list to compete in the coming decade. You might be okay with that. Personally I want success and would rather see Melbourne win a flag before gws or GC but you guys really have no chance. Have you seen the quality in both our vfl teams, we have very little to be worried about.

What a load of garbage.
Yes. Everyone else is wrong but you 🙄 I mean it’s bad enough that you needed to go the bloke like that, but then you back away from it and try to hide from your comment

No, I am saying GWS used their top talent better due to having better football programs than Melbourne and Carlton.
Yes... which I never disputed.

As I said, no one has argued that gws are only successful because of picks and not a number of reasons. People have suggested it’s easier with all those picks.

It’s like if you give a person 1 million dollars. Is it easier for them to stay rich than if they didn’t start with that money? Yes. But that doesn’t mean they don’t need to manage it well.

Gold coast have blown their chances but will get more chances, cash and picks. Melbourne like Collingwood will not have the list to compete in the coming decade. You might be okay with that. Personally I want success and would rather see Melbourne win a flag before gws or GC but you guys really have no chance. Have you seen the quality in both our vfl teams, we have very little to be worried about.
We have very little to be excited about I should say. Our vfl team and squad is really very limited and your club is the same.

The scary thing is it could head that way. Free Agency opens that door.

In the NBA with guys teaming up to make super teams and even taking pay cuts to achieve it. I really hope the AFL never reaches that level. At the moment it's the 'going home' factor is the main reason, and that's fair. But if it ever reaches the stage where say 5 star players all decide to abandon their clubs and head somewhere else together as a combined unit under the guise of free agency just to win premierships.. it would totally suck for the sport. Because then other players will do it.. and there will be 2 or 3 clubs stocked with the best talent, and everyone else will have jack all.

Yeah when that happens I'll probably lose interest. Even if the Eagles became the Manchester United or Real Madrid of the AFL, winning so often would make it less special.

Of course I want us to win. And we are probably not that far off being top 8 or top 4 with some tweaks. You lost a PF by 4 points and played a bad game at the wrong time. It happens. Collingwood will be fine.

Look forward to this one, GWS need to keep it tight and tough. If they let Richmond run and gun the game is done. Should be a beauty of a game

Yeah if GWS keep it tight and very contested like the first half vs Collingwood it will be game on. The question is whether they can maintain that for the whole match, as it's a taxing style.

Of course I want us to win. And we are probably not that far off being top 8 or top 4 with some tweaks. You lost a PF by 4 points and played a bad game at the wrong time. It happens. Collingwood will be fine.

I don't see Collingwood as a real contendwr next year. Got lucky this season, should've finished 6th. They need a tall KPF desperately. Where was Mihocek on Saturday? Looks a million bucks when he has his way but shut him down he goes missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2017 Tigers finish 3rd

Beat Geelong, Beat GWS and beat Adelaide to win the flag.

2019 Tigers finish 3rd. Same as above but replace Adelaide with Brisbane? Two interstate sides, beat Geelong after finishing 3rd. Bit of a repeat of history perhaps, just not in order.

Going to be the most one sided GF since 2007. Rich will be 12 goals + in front at 3/4 time, and then just a matter of how many GWS kick in junk time as to what the final margin ends up at. Real shame, because coll v rich would have been a genuine contest

Based on the fact you couldn't beat GWS......makes sense

2017 Tigers finish 3rd

Beat Geelong, Beat GWS and beat Adelaide to win the flag.

2019 Tigers finish 3rd. Same as above but replace Adelaide with Brisbane? Two interstate sides, beat Geelong after finishing 3rd. Bit of a repeat of history perhaps, just not in order.

Hope so 🤞🏼

It's taught me that corruption is rife and that conspiracies involving the well-to-do classes of this world are everywhere.

You mean AFL want the team they sunk millions of dollars in to succeed commercially?

Shocker.

Let's not forget that good GWS players have bounced. Can you imagine if they had Trelor, Shiel,

You mean AFL want the team they sunk millions of dollars in to succeed commercially?

Shocker.

Let's not forget that good GWS players have bounced. Can you imagine if they had Trelor, Shiel,

but they got two first round picks or whatever for each of them

its like a never ending cycle

oh poor gws lost shiel and now will get two more gun u18 players how the heart bleeds

Ok I'm biased.

But frankly I can't see how any self-respecting football supporter would be cheering on the Giants this weekend.

We have a club started by local boys that just wanted to play football over 100 years ago, shine in the VFA and encouraged by Collingwood to join the VFL. Go on to have successful and unsuccessful periods leading to a complete failure of management in the 80s and 90s to then hit rock bottom just as the AFL takes away the best of the draft and send them up to Gold Coast and GWS. Said team then cobbles together a team consisting of a few champions, some cast-offs from other teams, a few rookie selections and middle-of-the-road draft selections and goes on to win a Premiership, loses a PF, manages to attract top talent because of their turnaround, and now into a GF again.

Compared to a team that was created by the AFL because they wanted to attract sponsorship dollars in Western Sydney.

I have nothing against the GWS players, in fact they should all be playing somewhere else in real teams like Melbourne, St. Kilda and Richmond. But ZI cannot understand support for the "club".

Ok I'm biased.

But frankly I can't see how any self-respecting football supporter would be cheering on the Giants this weekend.

We have a club started by local boys that just wanted to play football over 100 years ago, shine in the VFA and encouraged by Collingwood to join the VFL. Go on to have successful and unsuccessful periods leading to a complete failure of management in the 80s and 90s to then hit rock bottom just as the AFL takes away the best of the draft and send them up to Gold Coast and GWS. Said team then cobbles together a team consisting of a few champions, some cast-offs from other teams, a few rookie selections and middle-of-the-road draft selections and goes on to win a Premiership, loses a PF, manages to attract top talent because of their turnaround, and now into a GF again.

Compared to a team that was created by the AFL because they wanted to attract sponsorship dollars in Western Sydney.

I have nothing against the GWS players, in fact they should all be playing somewhere else in real teams like Melbourne, St. Kilda and Richmond. But ZI cannot understand support for the "club".
Thats because you live in the Vic Bubble.

Get out more

Back