Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If playing catchup floats your boat then fine. We're happy to celebrate our greatness. Many AFL clubs have achieved more than Richmond including the Crows and Essendon

Bullsogs/Richmond/Carlton/Port are actually the only clubs in the league with one premiership
I’m rapt you’re happy with your greatness, I’m just living in the now like most people are and looking forward to this Saturday when the tigers (not the cats) take on gws and hoping we get the job done. And I’m a little bit confused about how the crows have achieved more at AFL level( unless once again you’re referring to the back to back flags in 97/98, which we haven’t done but I don’t really see your point on that ( and that you’re once again living in the past)
Anyway good look to the pussy cats next year and hope you can progress further than the prelim 👍

I’m rapt you’re happy with your greatness, I’m just living in the now like most people are and looking forward to this Saturday when the tigers (not the cats) take on gws and hoping we get the job done. And I’m a little bit confused about how the crows have achieved more at AFL level( unless once again you’re referring to the back to back flags in 97/98, which we haven’t done but I don’t really see your point on that ( and that you’re once again living in the past)
Anyway good look to the pussy cats next year and hope you can progress further than the prelim 👍

:thumbsu:

Richmond didn’t even make the Grand Final last year, and haven’t won the grand final this year (yet?), so that’s an audacious claim.

Maybe win next week before you get a full head of steam about being the best team over the last three seasons.
Just making sure you know if lose next week you’re on the same level as Bulldogs 2016 or West Coast 2018, and we can finally create the all-encompassing ‘Where are Richmond at?’ thread.
no..richmond have clearly been the best team over the last 3 years, no matter what happens on saturday. only team to have made the top 4 in all of the last 3 years, 2 grand finals appearances. WC only made top 4 once in that time, Collingwood missed the finals in 2017, and your taking the piss with the Dogs...highest ladder finish of 7th since. If GWS win next week then they would be 2nd with a prelim, semi and a flag.

MP implied they have some weight. I disagree with that.

Geelong finished minor premiers this year for example but the pressure has not eased off Chris Scott. Ross Lyon winning a minor premiership carried zero weight when he got sacked by Freo. Don Pyke got sacked two years after a minor premiership and a GF appearance. I could go on.

Flags are all that matter.

He was given an extra 4 years over everyone else no matter after he won a flag in his first season as coach.
Realistically, the pressure on Scott should have been warranted by the media years ago. 2016.

It's only now, after the honeymoon period has finally worn off is he copping criticism.

Hopefully a repeat of round 3 for Martin.

Deboer didn’t play the last time thebteo teams met. Going to be a lot of heavy lifting for Cotchin, Prestia and Edwards.

Not really, in rnd 3 Rioli got injured as well as macintosh and cotchin. We also didn't have caddy or Jack so Dusty was forced to stay mid. If Deboar sits on him, I wonder how he will go playing as a full back all game.

I get the sense that most Swannies would be OK with a GWS win. Good to see.

Those 2 don't have the same Port/Crows or WC/Freo levels of hate

Dont see them as a great rival so if they win its, whatever, still wont be the biggest side in sydney

I get the sense that most Swannies would be OK with a GWS win. Good to see.

Those 2 don't have the same Port/Crows or WC/Freo levels of hate
At the moment I see us as the big brother still. When we play I always want Sydney to put GWS in their place. I want the Swans to go in harder against the Giants than anyone else does. But if the Giants play any other team I pretty much always want them to win.

Not really, in rnd 3 Rioli got injured as well as macintosh and cotchin. We also didn't have caddy or Jack so Dusty was forced to stay mid. If Deboar sits on him, I wonder how he will go playing as a full back all game.

Yeah, don't think the Round 3 game is all that relevant here, much like Round 11 v Geelong to the prelim. We were also without Grimes and Houli, and Short busted an elbow in the first minute. Wasn't a game I thought we could win, but we performed OK until it blew out in the last 15 minutes.

Last year's Round 17 game is the template for them. We were in hot form (only loss in a streak of 11 games) and they impressed me with the way they picked their way through our defensive setup with skill, dare and hardness. They played a finals-like brand (of the sort they've only recently produced consistently) and although the margin was narrow, we were beaten on our merits.

The MCG adds a level of difficulty but if they can stare down Collingwood, they can do it to us. The three talls are going to be a handful - we won't be able to spare Grimes to shut down Greene. And in Davis (?) and Taylor, they have the quality to stop it getting out of control at the other end.

Yeah, don't think the Round 3 game is all that relevant here, much like Round 11 v Geelong to the prelim. We were also without Grimes and Houli, and Short busted an elbow in the first minute. Wasn't a game I thought we could win, but we performed OK until it blew out in the last 15 minutes.

Last year's Round 17 game is the template for them. We were in hot form (only loss in a streak of 11 games) and they impressed me with the way they picked their way through our defensive zones. They played a finals-like brand (of the sort they've only recently produced consistently) and although the margin was narrow, we were beaten on our merits.

The MCG adds a level of difficulty but if they can stare down Collingwood, they can do it to us. The three talls are going to be a handful - we won't be able to spare Grimes to shut down Greene. And in Davis (?) and Taylor, they have the quality to stop it getting out of control at the other end.

bingo

Vlastuin has to play of the too fast greene or a too big tall forward

unless Short/Baker/Houli can do it

my solution is bring in Rance for Ellis;

Rance - Cameron
Astbury - HH
Broad - Fin
Grimes - Greene
Vlastuin - sweeper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unless Short/Baker/Houli can do it

Greene would show all of them up in the air. The only other option that appears to be under consideration is KMac.
my solution is bring in Rance for Ellis

Would be nice. The way he was jumping around after the VFL win today made me wonder...
Rance - Cameron
Astbury - HH
Broad - Fin
Grimes - Greene
Vlastuin - sweeper

Maybe swap Broad and Astbury and give Broad the shorter guy. Himmelberg's height will still test him, and Finlayson's mobility will be a handful for Dave.

Ross for Graham is on the cards. Ross is a good kid, but he's going into a furnace having just turned 19.

The more I look at it, the more I reckon the Giants are big overs.

To be honest reading back on some of Americanpies posts he has been quite fair & haven't noticed really any trolling from him.

I’m not looking to be fair . These Collingwood overated hacks get up everyone’s nose . FFS they are only the 5th or 6th biggest club in the competition. They can GGF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Arrogance of Richmond supporters?
Remember USA USA USA

Taking the loss well I see . Got a little bit ahead of yourselves....again .

? Your overated club couldn’t quite copy us . Your disengenuous attempt to be Us has been laughable. Please spare the arrogance crap , you are just frustrated that you can’t copy us .

And either way the result goes on Saturday , remember this ; TreLOLoar either choose the wrong club to leave or wrong club not to go to . Now that’s arrogance .

USA USA USA ... we laugh at you ,

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was saying your club is the best team since the Hawthorn 3 peat. Give your club a compliment, and you attack me. Most fans are arrogant after a GF win. West Coast fans have been arrogant all this year. Richmond fans were arrogant last year. Bulldogs fans the year before that. No need to take that comment to heart mate.

Every side in the past 20 years (since 1999), apart from Gold Coast, will have played in a Grand Final.

Another reason why AFL, despite it's shortcomings, is the greatest sporting league on earth. We don't have the same super rich clubs who simply poach the best players winning and competing year after year, with the majority not even competing.

Another reason why AFL, despite it's shortcomings, is the greatest sporting league on earth. We don't have the same super rich clubs who simply poach the best players winning and competing year after year, with the majority not even competing.

The scary thing is it could head that way. Free Agency opens that door.

In the NBA with guys teaming up to make super teams and even taking pay cuts to achieve it. I really hope the AFL never reaches that level. At the moment it's the 'going home' factor is the main reason, and that's fair. But if it ever reaches the stage where say 5 star players all decide to abandon their clubs and head somewhere else together as a combined unit under the guise of free agency just to win premierships.. it would totally suck for the sport. Because then other players will do it.. and there will be 2 or 3 clubs stocked with the best talent, and everyone else will have jack all.

Back