Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends how much weight you give to just making particular finals.

No doubt Richmond have gone further than most teams, but they’ve still only won one grand final at this point. They are on the same level as the Bulldogs, West Coast and Sydney Grand Final teams, looking at the past decade.
Well if you’re ranking sides over a period, you would rank them based on where they finished each year. Literally how a ranking system works.

I’m not even sure what you’re arguing

Depends how much weight you give to just making particular finals.

No doubt Richmond have gone further than most teams, but they’ve still only won one grand final at this point. They are on the same level as the Bulldogs, West Coast and Sydney Grand Final teams, looking at the past decade.

Richmond finished first several games clear last season in winning the minor premiership and was equal on points with Geelong and Brisbane this season

The reserves won the flag about 45 mins ago.

They are not afl premierships but still carry some weight

Just making sure you know if lose next week you’re on the same level as Bulldogs 2016 or West Coast 2018, and we can finally create the all-encompassing ‘Where are Richmond at?’ thread.

they will be the 2nd best team in the country

behind the artificially created franchise that was predicted to win 5 in a row

no shame in that, unlike your mob

A few posters in this thread claiming that the majority of neutrals will be on GWS. Why would they be? The plethora of punchable faces? Lachie "Hide me from ASADA" Whitfield? A coked-up Mumford? The struggles of the long-suffering fanbase? The difficulties of having to build a side from dozens of first-round picks? Phil Davis's diving? The joy it would give Kevin Sheedy? The Borat theme song?

Bewildering stuff (well, except maybe the Borat thing).
Probably because the only rivalry they have is with a pissant club from western Melbourne no one cares about.

A few posters in this thread claiming that the majority of neutrals will be on GWS. Why would they be? The plethora of punchable faces? Lachie "Hide me from ASADA" Whitfield? A coked-up Mumford? The struggles of the long-suffering fanbase? The difficulties of having to build a side from dozens of first-round picks? Phil Davis's diving? The joy it would give Kevin Sheedy? The Borat theme song?

Bewildering stuff (well, except maybe the Borat thing).
Still not taking it well eh?

Tigers fans getting worried.

Glorious.

its true, we are worried about coming up against a very tough gws side

how are you coping with worrying about what wacky costumes the cats will wear tomorrow?

Richmond finished first several games clear last season in winning the minor premiership and was equal on points with Geelong and Brisbane this season

Let's be real here - can you tell me how many minor premierships and reserves flags Richmond have off the top of your head?

And if you can - how many of the average Richmond supporter on the street would also know that?

Flags are worth way more than all other silverware combined.

Let's be real here - can you tell me how many minor premierships and reserves flags Richmond have off the top of your head?

And if you can - how many of the average Richmond supporter on the street would also know that?

No one has disputed that...

I didnt say otherwise I said its very nice I think Richmond have won the VFL premiership. and now had three very good VFL seasons in a row.

I too think its nice we were AFL minor premiers even if failing to win or reach the '18 grand final.

No one has disputed that...

MP implied they have some weight. I disagree with that.

Geelong finished minor premiers this year for example but the pressure has not eased off Chris Scott. Ross Lyon winning a minor premiership carried zero weight when he got sacked by Freo. Don Pyke got sacked two years after a minor premiership and a GF appearance. I could go on.

Flags are all that matter.

Yes they carry weight .
Unlike VFA flags won I. The 1800s being counted in premiership tally . Gelling are a dead set disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MP implied they have some weight. I disagree with that.

Geelong finished minor premiers this year for example but the pressure has not eased off Chris Scott. Ross Lyon winning a minor premiership carried zero weight when he got sacked by Freo. I could go on.

Flags are all that matter.
He implied it because the discussion was around if Richmond were the best team of the last three seasons.

As I said if you’re ranking across multiple seasons you need to take numerous things into account. Flags are of highest value but to compare multiple years you need other qualifiers

Last 19 games for each club at the MCG , Richmond 16/19 84% GWS 4/19 21% says a lot really. MCG is a big advantage for Richmond.

Arrogance of Richmond supporters?
Remember USA USA USA

Taking the loss well I see . Got a little bit ahead of yourselves....again .

? Your overated club couldn’t quite copy us . Your disengenuous attempt to be Us has been laughable. Please spare the arrogance crap , you are just frustrated that you can’t copy us .

And either way the result goes on Saturday , remember this ; TreLOLoar either choose the wrong club to leave or wrong club not to go to . Now that’s arrogance .

USA USA USA ... we laugh at you ,

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To be honest reading back on some of Americanpies posts he has been quite fair & haven't noticed really any trolling from him.

Ok then.... living in the past but whatever floats your boat

If playing catchup floats your boat then fine. We're happy to celebrate our greatness. Many AFL clubs have achieved more than Richmond including the Crows and Essendon

Bullsogs/Richmond/Carlton/Port are actually the only clubs in the league with one premiership

Back