Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my great and unmatched wisdom, I would like to know the "process" Trump went through in making this decision and what he thinks the US is getting out of it. The former special envoy to fight Islamic State says Trump has NFI.

However, it could simply be a way for Trump to change the channel from impeachment.

And it also perhaps gives the Republican cabana boys like Lindsey Graham the cover to say "see, we're not afraid to criticise Trump". Maybe they're worried about Israeli and Saudi interests if the Kurds get pushed into the arms of Syria/Iran.

He looks like he’s trying to divert attention from impeachment by doing even more impeachable things.

The first line of McGurk's tweet is a fitting epitaph for the Trump presidency.
A few giggles (not)

One reporter asked the president about that criticism and also asked if he consulted with the Joint Chiefs of Staff on this decision.
“I consulted with everybody. I always consult with everybody,” Trump said. “If you remember about eight months ago, I talked about this. And we kept 2000 people there and then slowly brought them out. Once we captured ISIS, I didn’t want to stay there for the next 40 years… I have great respect for all of the people that you named. They have an opinion. A lot of people do. I could also name many more than you just named of people who are totally supportive.”

More like in favour for remaining loyal to a group that has been front and centre in multiple conflicts and helping the 'west'. But hey they are over there and don't really matter to some.
The same people think we should ditch the US relationship for closer ties to China, so they’re not exactly au fait with loyalty.

Worth posting an extract summarising the two:

While it’s unlikely Trump has heard of the secrecy heuristic, his comments about murder on Fifth Avenue suggest he grasps it instinctively. He recognizes that people accord less weight to information that nobody bothers to conceal. If shooting someone were that big a deal, the reasoning goes, Trump wouldn’t do it in full public view. The logic works even better when it comes to Trump’s comments about Ukraine and China. Most Americans know murder is against the law. Whether inviting foreign meddling in an American election constitutes a “high crime or misdemeanor,” by contrast, is less well established. By openly inviting such meddling, therefore, Trump sends the message that it’s not that important. If it were, he’d have kept his request a secret.​
But brazenness entails more than just a lack of secrecy. It also entails confidence. And here too, there’s ample evidence that Trump’s confidence works to his political benefit.​
If people use secrecy as a heuristic to gauge importance, they use confidence as a heuristic to gauge competence. As Cameron Anderson, a professor at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, explained to me, “There is a lot of research showing that when people exhibit confidence, they come across as more competent, intelligent, skilled, and so forth.” The word con man, the Harvard professor and former Obama-administration official Cass Sunstein has noted, is short for confidence man. That’s because “when con men succeed,” Sunstein observes, “it’s usually because they enlist the confidence heuristic. They don’t show any doubts. They act as if they know what they are doing.” Thus, they win people’s trust.​

So by hiding the transcript/report of his Ukraine call away, he's adding to perceived guilt.

Trying to rescue himself from that, he is confidently and openly doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Today, in an exceedingly rare break with the President, he spoke out, calling Mr Trump’s withdrawal “a disaster in the making” and a “stain on America’s honour”.

“I feel very bad for the Americans and allies who have sacrificed to destroy the ISIS (Islamic State) caliphate because this decision virtually reassures the re-emergence of ISIS. So sad. So dangerous,” Mr Graham said.

“By abandoning the Kurds we have sent the most dangerous signal possible — America is an unreliable ally. And it’s just a matter of time before China, Russia, Iran and North Korea act out in dangerous ways.

“President Trump may be tired of fighting radical Islam. They are not tired of fighting us.”

He hit Mr Trump with just about the most stinging insult imaginable for a Republican, comparing him to former president Barack Obama.

Mr Graham said Mr Obama’s withdrawal of US forces from Iraq helped the Islamic State gain power in the first place.

“No matter what President Trump is saying about his decision, it is exactly what President Obama did in Iraq with even more disastrous consequences for our national security,” the senator said.

“Any incursion into northern Syria by Turkey creates a nightmare for the region and US national security interests.”

Only if Pelosi and the rest of the swamp release theirs and further why is a President restricted to just two 2 terms whilst Pelosi, Schumer and many repubs as well have been in DC for 40 odd years.

That's the swamp my dear.
Still not good enough, please try harder. Although you did get to mention President in the post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile the love affair with Kim might be on the rocks. Fancy Trump being accused of trying to mislead the public. Shocked to be here.

On Sunday night, North Korea's Foreign Ministry issued a statement accusing the U.S. of trying to mislead the public and "spreading a completely ungrounded story that both sides are open to meet" again.

The Stockholm talks "made us think they have no political will to improve (North Korea)-U.S. relations and may be abusing the bilateral relations for their own partisan interests" at home, the statement said.

"It has been almost 100 days since the leaders' meeting in Panmunjom and (the U.S. has) not presented any new initiative. Do you think they will come up with a new one in two weeks?" Kim told reporters after being asked if North Korea would accept the invitation.

North Korea has demanded the United States come up with mutually acceptable proposals to salvage the nuclear diplomacy by the end of this year.

The same people think we should ditch the US relationship for closer ties to China, so they’re not exactly au fait with loyalty.

So we just accept that the Kurds will become the casualty for Trumps decision?
The US foreign policy has led to a dangerous problem with China starting to make inroads around Pacific nations because the US has decided to back away.
They now decide to take leave of an area that allows Turkey the ability to target Kurds, you know the group that has been a key part of conflicts in both Iraq and Syria. And we are supposed to just go "Oh well, she'll be right".
This isn't about forever wars. This is about Policy that can have a lasting impact on a number of allies.

Surprising to think that this decision has been met with Bipartisan condemnation. I wonder why that is.

Oh my Clapper covering his own backside as Barr and Durhnam get closer.

Expect the same from Brennan soon.
I am sure Rush posts on BigFooty.

RUSH: Well, so now he doesn’t like it! Now that he’s being investigated here by Barr and Durham, he says, “Hey, it was Obama. We’re just doing what Obama told us to do,” which we’ve always suspected. But I find it fascinating the way he characterizes this. (impression) “Well, uh, apparently what we were supposed to have done is — is just ignore the Russian interference.” There wasn’t any. There wasn’t any Russian interference. You can’t prove it. There wasn’t any. Don’t give me the $150,000 ad buy the Russian troll farms made on Facebook after the election.​
The Russians didn’t tamper with any votes. The Russians didn’t effect anything on any election result anywhere. The Russians did not meddle. You know, it really comes off of that. These people are still living off the idea the Russians meddled because they might have wanted to, the Russians interfered because they might have wanted to — and because Mueller went to the obvious step of making sure some Russians were indicted. We couldn’t find any Russians in the story!
From the beginning, the only Russian in the story was that fat ambassador who took everybody to lunch, Kislyak. Other than that, there weren’t any Russians in the story! So here comes Clapper (impression), “Are we supposed to just ignore it, uhhhh, and the threat it posed to us and, uhh, were we supposed to blow off what Obama told us to do?” See, this is such a misstatement of what went on. They concocted all of this! The Steele dossier is how they concocted all of this! Clapper was instrumental in the Steele dossier ending up in the news on CNN.​

And on and on and on...

So we just accept that the Kurds will become the casualty for Trumps decision?
The US foreign policy has led to a dangerous problem with China starting to make inroads around Pacific nations because the US has decided to back away.
They now decide to take leave of an area that allows Turkey the ability to target Kurds, you know the group that has been a key part of conflicts in both Iraq and Syria. And we are supposed to just go "Oh well, she'll be right".
This isn't about forever wars. This is about Policy that can have a lasting impact on a number of allies.

Surprising to think that this decision has been met with Bipartisan condemnation. I wonder why that is.

Give it up with the hysteria commonly known as TDS, according to one report they moved 25 soldiers, another is 100-150.

Get this, i agree with America getting out of useless forever wars, they create more trouble generally than fixing things, but maybe just maybe Trump is using this as apolitical ploy to say he is attempting to get out of foreign wars to the American people.

I reckon with the American war machine it would be very difficult for any President to leave any war.

Meanwhile the love affair with Kim might be on the rocks. Fancy Trump being accused of trying to mislead the public. Shocked to be here.

On Sunday night, North Korea's Foreign Ministry issued a statement accusing the U.S. of trying to mislead the public and "spreading a completely ungrounded story that both sides are open to meet" again.

The Stockholm talks "made us think they have no political will to improve (North Korea)-U.S. relations and may be abusing the bilateral relations for their own partisan interests" at home, the statement said.

"It has been almost 100 days since the leaders' meeting in Panmunjom and (the U.S. has) not presented any new initiative. Do you think they will come up with a new one in two weeks?" Kim told reporters after being asked if North Korea would accept the invitation.

North Korea has demanded the United States come up with mutually acceptable proposals to salvage the nuclear diplomacy by the end of this year.
Winning!

I am sure Rush posts on BigFooty.

RUSH: Well, so now he doesn’t like it! Now that he’s being investigated here by Barr and Durham, he says, “Hey, it was Obama. We’re just doing what Obama told us to do,” which we’ve always suspected. But I find it fascinating the way he characterizes this. (impression) “Well, uh, apparently what we were supposed to have done is — is just ignore the Russian interference.” There wasn’t any. There wasn’t any Russian interference. You can’t prove it. There wasn’t any. Don’t give me the $150,000 ad buy the Russian troll farms made on Facebook after the election.​
The Russians didn’t tamper with any votes. The Russians didn’t effect anything on any election result anywhere. The Russians did not meddle. You know, it really comes off of that. These people are still living off the idea the Russians meddled because they might have wanted to, the Russians interfered because they might have wanted to — and because Mueller went to the obvious step of making sure some Russians were indicted. We couldn’t find any Russians in the story!
From the beginning, the only Russian in the story was that fat ambassador who took everybody to lunch, Kislyak. Other than that, there weren’t any Russians in the story! So here comes Clapper (impression), “Are we supposed to just ignore it, uhhhh, and the threat it posed to us and, uhh, were we supposed to blow off what Obama told us to do?” See, this is such a misstatement of what went on. They concocted all of this! The Steele dossier is how they concocted all of this! Clapper was instrumental in the Steele dossier ending up in the news on CNN.​

And on and on and on...

I am quite happy for anyone to disseminate it any way they wish.

I dont think Rush posts here FWIW

I am quite happy for anyone to disseminate it any way they wish.

I dont think Rush posts here FWIW
He's doing his bit to spread fake news. Bless him.

Apparently we need to believe him on Obama, but disbelieve on Russia.

In the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back