Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 years to the day I joined BF.

Seems some posters now feel a need to pick fights to get themselves a reputation or some sort of reaction tally, there really isn’t any need to do so.

Contribute to the melting pot that this place is and you will find your way without having to resort to the worst excesses of social media.

If you don’t like some aspects, please don’t spoil it for the rest of us. Living so far from the club, this place helps me feel connected and adds to the experience of supporting the club. Would hate to lose the little snippets of inside information because the need for instant gratification outweighs the ability to use some manners and show some decorum. While we are more anonymous than Facebook, we can’t pretend that what we say doesn’t matter when we attack others.

The anticipation and hope of good things about to happen at this time of year brings out the crazy in people, it is like Christmas Eve on speed. Just let it happen when it does and enjoy the moments that give supporters hope.

Disappointed that we continue to lose posters that add value to this place over petty point scoring.
:clapping::clapping: Insert sharing cake gif

Reg has copped some s**t over the last month due to an errant (superceded) rumour. While the first few digs were amusing, the majority thereafter were lame and derisory. Suspect this may have contributed to his frustration.

One errant ‘rumour’ wasn’t the reason. There is a long history there.

It is in no way the same as all the s**t tonight, or posters like EP disappearing.

I remember my wife pregnant with the twins I had to sneek into the kitchen just to make a vegemite sanga:moustache:
Twins!! Good job. I don’t recommend it! Mine are four years old.
If we have 19 this time next year, as it means we won the GF, frankly I wouldn’t care and would probably just be waking up in the park in front of the G now
I don’t care if our first pick is 135 (and we have to trade it for Rhyce Palmer again) if it means we won the Premiership!!

I would genuinely like some of you lot to get an actual look at the machinations that go into these deals/trades/swaps/pick-splits/upgrades etc - do yers have any idea how many people are involved with these things? how many aspects of a person's life are affected? from every part of a player's partner's life through to the myriad of calls that need to be made once an offer to change clubs is made? property, schooling, career opportunities for partners, family of origin, medical issues, the sad little kids to placate, on and on...……….

Sure a lot of this stuff is done after the deal goes through, but there still remains a shitload of decisions to be made and it would rarely happen that things aren't held up by just a single, simple thing like someone that needs the ok she can get a posting interstate with her job, or a school admission issue or perhaps the property market is tighter than expected.

Then there's the stuff that goes on between the players, managers, coaches and list managers. The stuff that no-one hears about. The complex deals on picks, the tele-conferencing that doesn't happen because Justin is bogged at Westlakes and has not much to deal with anyway.

Hiccups, hold-ups, hang-ups, egos, stubborn fools, greedy guys, people's lives, careers, education, housing, family, medical - also footy. Please just remember you clowns, you galoots, you festering goobers - this ain't easy and this ain't no disco...…...
Fmd...another thesis

Just want to reiterate my full appreciation and respect to all our ITKs. Like I posted the other day, doing God’s work for all of us that bleed blue.

Know that the majority truly appreciate and respect what you bring. Please don’t let the ignorant minority influence you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it makes it easier for the less patient, I’m happy to not share what I know.

Things don’t run to BF timelines, minor details change, which creates delays, including pick swaps, $, marketing opportunities.

Eddie will be at Carlton as will Papley & Martin.

We will have next year’s 1st pick after these deals land.

I’m still confident with what I’ve shared. Take it or leave it.

Ciao
It would make it easier for the rest of us, if the less patient didn't share what they don't know.

Keep on posting OR..

Legitimately think that all three of the expected trades will be done tomorrow, and that this whole fiasco will look awful silly

If it doesn't, i hope sanity prevails and posters remember the embarrassing buffoonery that went down on this thread tonight, and some much needed calmness, clatity and patience prevails.

If we have 19 this time next year, as it means we won the GF, frankly I wouldn’t care and would probably just be waking up in the park in front of the G now
One of my favourite memories was the night of the 95 GF win. Rocked up to Princes Park - still only early evening and first thing I saw was some dude completely passed out on the half forward flank. Thought I better catch up! And did.

So what do we call Eddie, Martin and SPS ? The Three Blusketters ?

Different roles in the team unlike Setanta's Little Helpers at the time. Not really any common theme between them footballing wise.

BigFooty is home to some of the worst, there’s no denying it. I’d say however that on the Carlton board, the good easily outweighs the bad and the discussion is generally of a decent standard. Certainly worth sharing the occasional tidbit with fellow tragics :thumbsu:
do you see fortune in my future, trp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back