Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just logged on, saw it was 10 pages up, thinking we had a juicy rumour and saw it was just a sooky-lala show down, didn't see your post but I can see why you would share something of the same vein.

I'm just reliving my old shitposting days.

10 years to the day I joined BF.

Seems some posters now feel a need to pick fights to get themselves a reputation or some sort of reaction tally, there really isn’t any need to do so.

Contribute to the melting pot that this place is and you will find your way without having to resort to the worst excesses of social media.

If you don’t like some aspects, please don’t spoil it for the rest of us. Living so far from the club, this place helps me feel connected and adds to the experience of supporting the club. Would hate to lose the little snippets of inside information because the need for instant gratification outweighs the ability to use some manners and show some decorum. While we are more anonymous than Facebook, we can’t pretend that what we say doesn’t matter when we attack others.

The anticipation and hope of good things about to happen at this time of year brings out the crazy in people, it is like Christmas Eve on speed. Just let it happen when it does and enjoy the moments that give supporters hope.

Disappointed that we continue to lose posters that add value to this place over petty point scoring.
Spot on Jabba ..
It's great for us that live interstate .

I’ll be xxxxed. Came in here with some more goss from Percy J’s pub, but frankly, I ain’t sharing s**t anymore after reading the last how ever many pages. Ungrateful pricks left and right. Anyone bashing the legit ITK posters should be banned. As someone said, we’re damn privileged to get their input but some muppets through jealousy or stupidity stuff it up for many many others. FWIW - I appreciate ALL our ITK posters and I hope you continue to brighten my day.
Mate I’ve see you get s**t canned a fair bit too in the past. I wouldn’t be posting either.

Some thoughts...

- I love hearing from ITKs, it's great to get the inside word on something you care about. I can only imagine what it must be like in their position to have to decide how much to say without breaking confidences etc. My starting assumption is always that they're saying as much as they can within the constraints they have, and that anything they say is a snapshot in time which could change at any moment thereafter. I'm grateful to them for bothering to post here in the first place, they're under no compulsion to do it and I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff they could be doing with their time.

- Telling ITKs or for that matter anyone else how to bigfooty (e.g. "Just ignore the idiots") is exactly the kind of privileged approach that is likely to put people off. We have no right to expect someone else to stick around in an environment they find hostile or unpleasant just so we can get our rumour fix. None.

- It's pretty well established that humans have a strong psychological need for certainty and will come up with all sorts of strange coping mechanisms to deal with uncertainty. Viewed through that lens a lot of the behaviour here becomes understandable even if it's not all justifiable. If the mods or other posters are telling you that your posts are part of the problem, might I suggest you reflect a little on this? Maybe you'd benefit from relaxing your need to be sure about what's going to happen and embrace the uncertainty for what it is. Just an idea.

- Finally, thanks to the mods for keeping this place from teetering over the brink. I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff you could be doing with your time as well, but this place couldn't survive without you. Appreciate all you do.

Some thoughts...

- I love hearing from ITKs, it's great to get the inside word on something you care about. I can only imagine what it must be like in their position to have to decide how much to say without breaking confidences etc. My starting assumption is always that they're saying as much as they can within the constraints they have, and that anything they say is a snapshot in time which could change at any moment thereafter. I'm grateful to them for bothering to post here in the first place, they're under no compulsion to do it and I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff they could be doing with their time.

- Telling ITKs or for that matter anyone else how to bigfooty (e.g. "Just ignore the idiots") is exactly the kind of privileged approach that is likely to put people off. We have no right to expect someone else to stick around in an environment they find hostile or unpleasant just so we can get our rumour fix. None.

- It's pretty well established that humans have a strong psychological need for certainty and will come up with all sorts of strange coping mechanisms to deal with uncertainty. Viewed through that lens a lot of the behaviour here becomes understandable even if it's not all justifiable. If the mods or other posters are telling you that your posts are part of the problem, might I suggest you reflect a little on this? Maybe you'd benefit from relaxing your need to be sure about what's going to happen and embrace the uncertainty for what it is. Just an idea.

- Finally, thanks to the mods for keeping this place from teetering over the brink. I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff you could be doing with your time as well, but this place couldn't survive without you. Appreciate all you do.

Reason, Empathy and Consideration have no place here

I’ll be xxxxed. Came in here with some more goss from Percy J’s pub, but frankly, I ain’t sharing s**t anymore after reading the last how ever many pages. Ungrateful pricks left and right. Anyone bashing the legit ITK posters should be banned. As someone said, we’re damn privileged to get their input but some muppets through jealousy or stupidity stuff it up for many many others. FWIW - I appreciate ALL our ITK posters and I hope you continue to brighten my day.
Well can you send me a pm of your goss from the pub ..
I'll be grateful for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, now spill the PJ goss!! ;-)

I get home from seeing the joker and see all hell has broken loose.

Is this the real life, or is this just (bigfooty) fantasy?

Mamma just banned a troll
Put a gun against his account, pulled the trigger
Now he is in red.

Been busy saving the universe, and Giuliani is just so unhinged, just cant miss his Fox appearnces.

Anyhoo.....after 4 days, what have we got??
jc came outta the cave a full day ago...……...

What is this ‘you people’ s**t though?

Count them up. How many people have actually posted negative things in the past week?
Reg has copped some s**t over the last month due to an errant (superceded) rumour. While the first few digs were amusing, the majority thereafter were lame and derisory. Suspect this may have contributed to his frustration.

Reg has copped some s**t over the last month due to an errant (superceded) rumour. While the first few digs were amusing, the majority thereafter were lame and derisory. Suspect this may have contributed to his frustration.

Anyone with a name like Reg should be given the benefit of the doubt 👍👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back