Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to Power. People have forgotten what it is like to stand up and negotiate, as opposed to the JMac yrs of being everyone's trading bitch

If we miss a player so be it. But I doubt it. Saints aren't going to hang on to Bruce. Won't get a game for the Saints next yr. Crows are rebuilding and will release Keath.

Sorry but If the Saints don’t get Hill they are not letting Bruce go. They will have absolutely no need to so won’t.

in the end it is what is it but finally having players nominate us and the getting into a p!ssing contest ran by Power isn’t the smartest play in my book but oh well, the suns out so I will just enjoy another sugar free lemonade

Let’s wait to see how it works out before assuming he’s ****ed up shall we?

He’s got them to nominate in the first instance, if he can pull off a good deal that’s great. if we need to use 13 so be it.

Let’s wait to see how it works out before assuming he’s f’ed up shall we?

He’s got them to nominate in the first instance, if he can pull off a good deal that’s great. if we need to use 13 so be it.

I missed the part where I said he had f$cked up? Pretty sure I never said that just said I don’t think he is playing a smart game against a very very experienced recruiter.

it’s also hilarious that now some in here are saying if we keep 13 and miss onBoth players it brave and great we didn’t fold LOL

This joint is hilarious

But as I said I’m not stressed either way I’m used to this club by now so ce la vie

I missed the part where I said he had f$cked up? Pretty sure I never said that just said I don’t think he is playing a smart game against a very very experienced recruiter.

it’s also hilarious that now some in here are saying if we keep 13 and miss onBoth players it brave and great we didn’t fold LOL

This joint is hilarious

But as I said I’m not stressed either way I’m used to this club by now so ce la vie
It’s more hilarious watching people panic over a couple of players.

This joint is hilarious

Who is Power playing against? Who is the very very experienced recruiter?

Anyway I’m off to enjoy the weather

hopefully someone does something tomorrow so you blokes can change your minds in what is good and bad another 1010384 times

Ciao

Sorry but If the Saints don’t get Hill they are not letting Bruce go. They will have absolutely no need to so won’t.

Saints have Ryder and Howard coming in with Max King waiting in the wings. Sounds like they really want Ben King as well. They don't need Bruce and it sounds like they don't want him that much. They may as well trade him while he still has currency.

We'll get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs remain unwilling to include their top draft selection – No.13 – in any negotiations for potential incoming bookends Josh Bruce and Alex Keath.

Bruce's worth is a polarising discussion, and St Kilda football boss Simon Lethlean told reporters on the opening day of the Telstra AFL Trade Period that pick 32 was not "appropriate" for him.

The problem is the Dogs' sole selection before that is 13, which they believe is too much for the 27-year-old key forward, who's kicked 36 or more goals in four of the past five seasons.

They are also reluctant to part with a future first- or second-round pick, because their Next Generation Academy prospect Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, a tall forward, is a possible top-five choice next year.

The Dogs think their No.45 pick is about right for Keath, an offer the Crows greeted with the same resistance as St Kilda with Bruce.

Part of that is based on the fact Brisbane last year sent No.32 and a future third-round selection to the Bulldogs for defender Marcus Adams, who is 18 months younger than Keath.

One solution that could be beneficial for all three clubs is for the Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath, a deal that values him just shy of pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index.

It would be closer to what the Crows want for Keath and they'd suddenly have a second first-round pick to accelerate their rebuild.

The Bulldogs could then present 28 to the Saints for Bruce, and St Kilda could flip that selection to Sydney for Jones.

Alternatively, all four teams could be involved in the one trade – but it all depends on the Western Bulldogs budging.

THE WESTERN Bulldogs remain unwilling to include their top draft selection – No.13 – in any negotiations for potential incoming bookends Josh Bruce and Alex Keath.

Bruce's worth is a polarising discussion, and St Kilda football boss Simon Lethlean told reporters on the opening day of the Telstra AFL Trade Period that pick 32 was not "appropriate" for him.

The problem is the Dogs' sole selection before that is 13, which they believe is too much for the 27-year-old key forward, who's kicked 36 or more goals in four of the past five seasons.

They are also reluctant to part with a future first- or second-round pick, because their Next Generation Academy prospect Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, a tall forward, is a possible top-five choice next year.

The Dogs think their No.45 pick is about right for Keath, an offer the Crows greeted with the same resistance as St Kilda with Bruce.

Part of that is based on the fact Brisbane last year sent No.32 and a future third-round selection to the Bulldogs for defender Marcus Adams, who is 18 months younger than Keath.

One solution that could be beneficial for all three clubs is for the Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath, a deal that values him just shy of pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index.

It would be closer to what the Crows want for Keath and they'd suddenly have a second first-round pick to accelerate their rebuild.

The Bulldogs could then present 28 to the Saints for Bruce, and St Kilda could flip that selection to Sydney for Jones.

Alternatively, all four teams could be involved in the one trade – but it all depends on the Western Bulldogs budging.
Or the onus could be on other clubs, you know, not being stubborn about the valuation on what they themselves consider fringe players? The article suggests that the Saints in particular are going to impede a trade on a player they've encouraged to explore his options over 4 draft spots (28 Vs 32)? Sorry, how are we the problem in this scenario?

Let’s keep 13 at all costs and drop the remaining 2nd and 3x 3rd rounders for Bruce and Keefe

Chuck in Jong for top up as required

Question.

What father sons and NGA players do you think will be drafted next year?

Also, where projected to be picked in the draft?
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (NGA - top 5)
Ewan MacPherson (FS - 20-35)
Nick Stevens (NGA - 20-35)
Cody Raak (NGA - 40+)

Stevens and MacPherson could both go first round if they continue improving at the rate they are. Ugle-Hagan will likely be top 3

As the article says, St Kilda want a similar trade to what Adams got. So, let’s give them a second rounder and a third rounder (like Adams).

Crows want more for Keath, they can have two thirds and give us a future fourth rounder.

It’s a pretty simple solution and doesn’t involve our first rounder. The article is really a beat down, rather than following the most simple logical progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back