Traded James Aish [traded with #69 and future 3rd to Fremantle for future 2nd & 4th]

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...look-to-manage-tight-cap-20191013-p5308u.html

Collingwood have placed contracted defender James Aish on the trade table as the Magpies look to manage their tight salary cap to clear space ahead of a potentially clutch year of re-signings.

Industry sources have told The Age that courageous backman Aish has been encouraged to find a third AFL club, with the Pies willing to let the former No.7 draft pick go this week despite him being contracted for another 12 months.

He’s actually turned in to a very solid small defender. Excellent overhead mark and more than willing to put his body on the line. I’m actually a bit shocked that we’re thinking of trading him given that he was rushed back in to our 22 both times he returned from injury this year....

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish, good mate Shaz and our 35 to Crows for 23 and 28?

We can then try and package 23 and 28 up to try and get back into first round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can we add Mason Cox or Tom Phillips

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Aish, good mate Shaz and our 35 to Crows for 23 and 28?

We can then try and package 23 and 28 up to try and get back into first round.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So Aish for 28 is about OK although Collingwood are keen sellers and can't imagine too many buyers, so you think Scharenberg is worth an upgrade of 35 to 23 - don't think so

More like 28 at best & something in the 50's

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Aish has been one of our best kicks down the back and is no longer a soft outside player. This is literally the worst time to trade him... Can't expect more than pick 40 for Aish, we really should give him a Whitfield type of role, 75% rebounding hb, 25% wing.

Back