Traded James Aish [traded with #69 and future 3rd to Fremantle for future 2nd & 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb Move to Trade Aish but keep Reid and Varcoe.

We would want a Bloody Good Deal.

Media has been very way off past this Trade Period

Misreading the play a bit here. Pies are desperate for cap space. Motivated seller = bargain for the buyer.

Pick in late 20s or early 30s would do it. Crows would take a look.

Could this all be signs of the Dayne Beams signing biting the pies on the backside ?
Cap space
1st round picks

I would be surprised if any of mason cox , james aish or scharenberg getting anything decent in trades and probably just getting cap space to retain
De Goey , Moore & Grundy

Fire Sale

I’d be ok with Crows pick 28.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Of course you would. There's no chance the Crows do that, unless you include 38 as well.

The Crows would look at it with a pick after 35.

Adelaide are in need of players atm but out of all the players leaving i don't think any are small defenders.

What about the Norwood connection at Port that was supposed to land Orazio?...Bassett and Jonas and Keith Thomas?
As a Norwood man I would cry if a Aish ever played for Port :p

As a Norwood man I would cry if a Aish ever played for Port :p

I understand the history, and i know you were half joking half serious, but besides Choco Williams coaching the Crowies or Roo getting on the Port Board, haven't all the taboo's been broken over there by now?

I suppose what you're saying is the Aish name is up there with those still.

Have no idea on his value. He’s an ok player, generally pretty consistent and you sort of know what you’re going to get from him. But he’s small, not quick and a safe kick without being a particularly good kick.

He’s a guy who is going to be somewhere between the 16th-25th best player at most clubs. Think most clubs would be happy with him but can’t see many clubs rushing out to get him. Both the Adelaide clubs are pretty well stocked up for half backs so not sure that’s the best option for him. He’ll find a home somewhere and I think he’ll do a decent job. Just no idea which club it could be.

I understand the history, and i know you were half joking half serious, but besides Choco Williams coaching the Crowies or Roo getting on the Port Board, haven't all the taboo's been broken over there by now?

I suppose what you're saying is the Aish name is up there with those still.
The Aish name is Norwood royalty but I was only joking about it. The current CEO, assistant coach and skipper are Norwood lads and we have had two that have captained Port and plenty of others play for them. Obviously the only thing that would annoy me is if he was dropped to the SANFL and had to play against Norwood. That would hurt him aswell being such a strong Norwood person

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish to Fremantle according to Tom Browne this morning on MMM.

Longmuir link?

Not sure what a deal would look like.

Aish and 35 for 22. Aish for a future 2nd?

Misreading the play a bit here. Pies are desperate for cap space. Motivated seller = bargain for the buyer.

Pick in late 20s or early 30s would do it. Crows would take a look.

Yet we had cap space for Tom Lynch to make him seriously consider. Pies making room for Grundy, Moore and JDG, and also a big name FA in 2020 ~ watch this space.

On the flip side when a player is pushed out, they aren't as committed to get to their next club of preference. Aish would net an early second rounder or there abouts.

Future second is madness when players like Bruce and Keath are being mooted for less.

He was literally the butt of most AFL wide jokes for 2 years and I don't think his 16 touches a game, playing in one of the deepest midfields in the league, with literally no opponent because of it, constitutes that return.

Has he ever finished even top 20 in their B&F in any of his years?

This should be a Butler style deal, 5th rounder +.

Essentially seeing as Collingwood are trying to salary dump him on one of the worst contracts in the AFL at the moment.

Last edited:
Aish for Melbournes future 2nd that Freo got in the Langdon trade I reckon.

We’re not giving up 22

Yeah Dees future 2nd sounds good. We need academy points for next year. If we then have 2 2020 second rounders it gives us options to trade out our 2020 first for something this year

Yeah Dees future 2nd sounds good. We need academy points for next year. If we then have 2 2020 second rounders it gives us options to trade out our 2020 first for something this year

yeah I don’t see this as being too complicated. Salary dump and an ok future pick for a fringe type (at your club) is pretty straight forward

yeah I don’t see this as being too complicated. Salary dump and an ok future pick for a fringe type (at your club) is pretty straight forward

Agree. We’ve always been good trading partners too. Should be pretty straight forward if he wants to go.

Agree. We’ve always been good trading partners too. Should be pretty straight forward if he wants to go.

... he is contracted. You're supposed to demand three first round picks for him.

All this reasonable discourse is not driving clicks.. and from another Taylor too...

Disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back