News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm amazed at some people's ability to swallow not stop bullshit from the club.

The camp was a storm in a tea cup with no lingering issues. Our footy manager was elite. When actually there were lingering issues, things were falling apart, resulting in multiple sackings, footy manager a cancer.

But the trust continues unabated?

And now we've finally (seemingly) turned over a new leaf, actually had an external review, made some tough calls, had our lies exposed... yet our first order of business is to go back to square one.
We need to replace whoever is managing PR and media messaging .. it really is getting beyond a joke

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
They may have spun it. OR they’ve told the truth.

Sheesh.
I reckon Nicks wants a Senior Assistant, but we went to the market too late.

Got to remember this is a somewhat specialized role and Nicks would most likely want someone he can work with and trusts. The point of the role.ks to be the Head Coach's right hand man. And for a younger coach a bit of a mentor.

Given the pool of available candidates he may well have decided to go without one rather than take someone he does not want.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
He’s apparently sitting on more s**t about *yaaaaawn* ‘the camp’. He’ll s**t that out of his mouth to try and sink the Crows at a time when he thinks it’ll be most damaging.

I’m so glad Carlton we’re s**t at everything for such a long time, him being the SosCarlton #1 fanboi. w***er!

Given everything that's happened at out club over the past 2 years, what makes you think it all wouldn't be true?

Quite simply, if the club had come clean about the camp from the get go, there simply wouldn't be a story now, as it is the club lied through their teeth about it and continued to lie, even changed the lies as time went on.

By doing this, we not only allowed the story to fester, become not only a distraction in the media, but a fascination for them, whilst it was allowed to fester within our club and went a long way to destroying a prime shot at a premiership over the past 2 years.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The AGM should be rocking next year

Q: Was Scott Camporeale given a new contract in the review period? If so why

Q: What were the total payout figures for those staff that left? Did this impact our decision making going forward?

Q: Why the hell are you still Chairing this meeting?
I would be surprised if anyone had the stones to stand up and ask those questions in an open forum.

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What was Skipworth doing? And what did Roo have to call in to get him that job?

How the hell could Burton get another job in clubland.
Collective Mind is part of the Illuminati , i don't know ... it sounds more feasible than wanted talent .

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I reckon Nicks wants a Senior Assistant, but we went to the market too late.

Got to remember this is a somewhat specialized role and Nicks would most likely want someone he can work with and trusts. The point of the role.ks to be the Head Coach's right hand man. And for a younger coach a bit of a mentor.

Given the pool of available candidates he may well have decided to go without one rather than take someone he does not want.

I don't now about that
From the very start Nicks was not sure if he wanted a senior assitant or more help in other areas, ie Development
Latter he started to favour more development help to relace the older knowledge leaving the club.
I am suprised a lot on BF are critising the club re not wanting a senior assistant.
At this time with the last few years in mind do the players need a split leadership group, No they need 1 boss and a bunch of assistant pulling in the same direction, not 2 leaders with a bunch of assistants.
As for help for Nicks he is better of with a personnal mentor not involved with the Coaching side of things and maybe an Outside mentor.

But maybe the poeple critizing and blaming the club should have a chat to Nicks, at this time he is appoachable and very friendly. He has a strong charater and not the type to need a senior assistant.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Have we met?
Shall I bring some popcorn to the AGM?

The last one I went to was just after Tippetgate and Trigg got a standing ovation.

It was sickening.

You are probably one of the few who would raise such questions beyond this forum.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Shall I bring some popcorn to the AGM?

The last one I went to was just after Tippetgate and Trigg got a standing ovation.

It was sickening.

You are probably one of the few who would raise such questions beyond this forum.

I remember that, we stood together in shock and disgust

Time for some blowtorches to be applied to the board

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The bottom line is: I have absolutely NO control over what happens at the club. None. Nada. Zilch. JUST LIKE YOU. So, I could get my knickers in a twist and just assume everything they say is a lie, and they are incompetent and inept and blah blah blah

This is largely why our club is where it is.

In one sense you’re correct. We don’t have voting rights, so we lack a bit of tooth in terms of keeping the administration honest.

We should absolutely be critical and scrutinous though. On the one hand you say you wanted the review, then on the other you chastise people for “whinging”.

How do you think the review came about?

Sycophants are ruining the club. They enable the club to do what it likes. I get why they default to pedalling bullshit - the majority will lap it up. Not just accept it, but embrace it. Well played again AFC, bravo!

I could understand a person with a causal interest not wanting to get involved with the off field stuff. Passionate supporters should care enough to analyse the off field performance, be critical where it’s not up to par, call out the club on its bullshit.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the club to be held to high standard.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Nicks has decided he doesn’t want development coaches.
Nicks decided that he didn't want good draft picks in return for Greenwood and Keath

This is largely why our club is where it is.

In one sense you’re correct. We don’t have voting rights, so we lack a bit of tooth in terms of keeping the administration honest.

We should absolutely be critical and scrutinous though. On the one hand you say you wanted the review, then on the other you chastise people for “whinging”.

How do you think the review came about?

Sycophants are ruining the club. They enable the club to do what it likes. I get why they default to pedalling bullshit - the majority will lap it up. Not just accept it, but embrace it. Well played again AFC, bravo!

I could understand a person with a causal interest not wanting to get involved with the off field stuff. Passionate supporters should care enough to analyse the off field performance, be critical where it’s not up to par, call out the club on its bullshit.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the club to be held to high standard.
Member's voting rights. That will lead to a board of 10 ******* ex-players. Not sure it's a good idea.

The bottom line is: I have absolutely NO control over what happens at the club. None. Nada. Zilch. JUST LIKE YOU.

That's not true. I botted the club's rigged clash jumper poll which forced them to reconsider it

That's not true. I botted the club's rigged clash jumper poll which forced them to reconsider it
So you got that going for you, which is nice.

So you got that going for you, which is nice.

Well I'm just saying it's bullshit to say supporters have "absolutely no control over what happens at the club". Of course they do. Either through singular actions (adjusting polls) or group efforts (blowing up social media calling for a review)

Well I'm just saying it's bullshit to say supporters have "absolutely no control over what happens at the club". Of course they do. Either through singular actions (adjusting polls) or group efforts (blowing up social media calling for a review)

Someone needs to release a piglet onto AO with "sack Chapman" painted on it.

Back