News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

And, as has been pointed out, "the truth" according to the club is that the Senior Assistant Coach from GWS who we were so impressed with that we made him our Senior Coach doesn't think the Senior Assistant Coach position has any value.

So we don't need one.

Which of course makes no sense.
Maybe Cameron needed a senior assistant coach but Nicks doesn’t feel he does? Surely it’s an individual thing?

And, as has been pointed out, "the truth" according to the club is that the Senior Assistant Coach from GWS who we were so impressed with that we made him our Senior Coach doesn't think the Senior Assistant Coach position has any value.

So we don't need one.

Which of course makes no sense.
You're putting words in his mouth.

Their strategy is to just ignore it. "Once you start responding to rumours you never stop responding to rumours" was what Fagan said to me.
I understand this for just everyday rumours that are not likely to gain momentum... but where they are likely to significantly damage the club, it doesn't harm once in a while to respond for affect.

The camp is an example of just letting it fester & put unneeded pressure on Tex & the players.

Maybe Cameron needed a senior assistant coach but Nicks doesn’t feel he does? Surely it’s an individual thing?
Yep, maybe a coach in his 7th season who had already made multiple preliminary finals and this year a grand final needed one but a brand new rookie coach doesn't.

And maybe it's just a coincidence us needing to make payouts to existing coaches and starting the process very late happens to coincide with this new plan to streamline the coaching group.

Exodus of players...Lol. Lost any cedibility when he said Jacob's was part of an exodus. This guy called the crows the Afl's worst performed team. This coming from a guy that supports a club thats been a basketcase for nearly 20 years lol. Pretty funny stuff. Anyway, the main point is that BCrouch is worth around 650k-700k for 3 years max. If a club is willing offer him a long term deal then so be it as it will most likely result in a top 5 pick. Btw, his show is crap. My advice for him is to watch First Take on Espn. Journalism in this country is bloody amateur hour.
Agree - we're going to miss Jacobs and Douglas soooooo much this year. How will we ever replace them? :rolleyes:

Brad Crouch to Gold Coast for a million a year...fell through at the 11th hour according to Sam MClure...Gold Coast couldn’t justify it....Crouchs manager tried for less money blah blah blah.
Gone next year.
Fell through at the 11th hour? Looks like Sam Manure's watch is wrong.

Even when his manager said about going for less, they still didn't want him. That doesn't sound very 11th hour to me

Brad Crouch to Gold Coast for a million a year...fell through at the 11th hour according to Sam MClure...Gold Coast couldn’t justify it....Crouchs manager tried for less money blah blah blah.
Gone next year.
I've always defended Brad, but if that story is true (and, yes, I know McClure has an anti-Crows agenda), then I'd be pushing Brad to leave at the end of 2020. We need players who bleed red-blue-and-gold. Just PO if you are not on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always defended Brad, but if that story is true (and, yes, I know McClure has an anti-Crows agenda), then I'd be pushing Brad to leave at the end of 2020. We need players who bleed red-blue-and-gold. Just PO if you are not on board.
It's not true in the sense of the article.
I'm sure his manager was shopping him around looking for a 5 year $1m deal. That's exactly what he's paid to do, and he'd be irresponsible if not doing it.
Brad would also go somewhere (anywhere) if that was on offer, because he'd also stupid not to.

That's not a sign he's desperate to leave though. That's just business.

Someone I've worked with who is exceptional in this space is Graham Winter, Chief psychologist in three Australian Olympic Teams, PwC Strategic Change Leader. An amazing, engaging and highly qualified (*cough Brurton cough*) leader / consultant
Interesting, Graham Winter was on FiveAA "Where are they now?" last night

Brads one of the most honest players going round. He admitted on 5aa a while back that its his manager who is testing the market on his behalf a year out from FA. Thats his job.

With his injury past who can blame him looking at stupid contract offers for 5 years on good money? But as I said before, grains of thruth have been blown out of proportion sprinkled with Crow hate.

Now we actually have a coach and hopefully GM soon, we might turn the club around and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad signs before r1.

Brads one of the most honest players going round. He admitted on 5aa a while back that its his manager who is testing the market on his behalf a year out from FA. Thats his job.

With his injury past who can blame him looking at stupid contract offers for 5 years on good money? But as I said before, grains of thruth have been blown out of proportion sprinkled with Crow hate.

Now we actually have a coach and hopefully GM soon, we might turn the club around and I wouldn't be surprised if Brad signs before r1.
We started to turn the club around even without a GM...just by removing the last GM

Gone next year.
I did like the "young duo Hugh Greenwood and Alex Keath" quote...

So either it is a lack of research and knowledge (quite probably both) or an accurate slant to paint a picture that's not there

Yep, maybe a coach in his 7th season who had already made multiple preliminary finals and this year a grand final needed one but a brand new rookie coach doesn't.

And maybe it's just a coincidence us needing to make payouts to existing coaches and starting the process very late happens to coincide with this new plan to streamline the coaching group.
At least you acknowledge there is a possibility your supposition is simply that.

Far better we go with no-one than take any old joe to help your knickers not get twisted eh?

Would you prefer them say that? "We left it too late, so yeah."

At least you acknowledge there is a possibility your supposition is simply that.

Far better we go with no-one than take any old joe to help your knickers not get twisted eh?

I'd prefer them not to pin it on the new coach.

It's only a small thing but it indicates that we've learned exactly nothing from the disaster of the last two years. Same spin, same rubbish, same buck passing.

They could easily have said “given the timing we’ve decided to go with the existing coaching set up for 2020 and this gives us time to find the right senior assistant for 2021”.

The only downfall for being honest in this instance is they open themselves up to some scrutiny for leaving it late which is fair criticism. Some times it’s best to cop it on the chin than lie to cover your incompetencies.

This could have been a fresh start where they don’t hide by spin.

I'd prefer them not to pin it on the new coach.

It's only a small thing but it indicates that we've learned exactly nothing from the disaster of the last two years. Same spin, same rubbish, same buck passing.
It may not be anything other than what it actually is. Stop reading s**t into everything. Fair dinkum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back