Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure if he was interested but 10 years was the issue his manager would’ve communicated that and we would have adjusted. He was never coming.

Huh? It would have been a complete non issues, crows would have happily gone less years. You need to throw big offers at players to change clubs.

AFL could bring in within 10 or 15 rule for father son and academy picks.

EG : Tyler Welsh nominated @ 4 by Essendon, we may need a pick within 14 to match bid.

Likely 2025, but possibly 2024

The price paid isn’t really the issue, it’s the bundling up of junk picks that needs to change. Not this year though.

Guarantee you if we offered Day a contract he couldn't have refused he would have come.
Those contracts don't really exist in the AFL.

Offering someone a $60m contract in the NBA is one thing - there's just not THAT much money in the AFL.

It's the difference between $1m and $1.2m, say. The club they're at is nearly always going to be competitive, which is why so few players change clubs for reasons other than homesickness (which is weird) or opportunity (which means their current club doesn't rate them that highly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it started with Rowie, he accused us of being sucked into upping Guldens value for contract extension talks with Sydney.

Yet if we didn't have a go, he'd be the first one chirping at the end of the year about not trying hard enough to lure out of contract talent. And of course some happy clappers jump on and including those who should no better on this board.

Like do we want the club to be seen to be trying or dont we. Ive seen some dumb hypocritical stuff in my time but this is one of the top ones.
Sog is tracking to be a similar player to Gulden.

Probably worked out OK.

We need the big bodied mid to partner Sog.

Oliver would have been perfect.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The price paid isn’t really the issue, it’s the bundling up of junk picks that needs to change. Not this year though.
That is what’s being proposed apparently . You will no longer be able to trade in a s#it load of junk picks to afl for the kid but will need to include a pick within 10 or 15 of nomination to get to the points needed. If you don’t have said pick you would need to get one by trading with another club.

Can someone with more knowledge explain to me why we would be interested in petty and what’s his worth? Reading on Facebook that we might be looking to give 2 first rounders for him and I’m scared 😱

Can someone with more knowledge explain to me why we would be interested in petty and what’s his worth? Reading on Facebook that we might be looking to give 2 first rounders for him and I’m scared 😱
We were seduced by his 2 good games up forward or we thought we needed another KPD. As a KPD he’s a quality player, but given how Keane has come on, using draft capital on another one would be insane, but you know Crows.

I’m worried this is another Gibbs situation, get a player to commit to come, feel obligated to get the deal done so we overpay the second year.

We’ve seen enough that we can back away from the deal, it’s also up to the player to perform at the standards you’re expecting so we owe him nothing.

Last edited:
I would say theres an extremely small chance we go for Petty again. Maybe the year after as a free agent but its pretty transparent that Reid knows we need a midfielder given these offers to Gulden and McCluggage

We were seduced by his 2 good games up forward or we thought we needed another KPD. As a KPD he’s a quality player, but given how Keane has come on, using draft capital on another one would be insane, but you know Crows.

I’m worried this is another Gibbs situation, get a player to commit to come, feel obligated to get the deal done so we overpay the second year.

We’ve seen enough that we can back away from the deal, it’s also up to the player to perform at the standards you’re expecting so we owe him nothing.

Let’s hope Petty continues this form up forward for a whole and any perceived price comes down. He would be a useful swing man and probably worth a 25-35 pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back