Game Day Anti-Port meets Port ... Total Annihilation

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken
Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

Geez we dodged a bullet with not getting Ryan Burton he is trash.
Such a shame he had that train wreck of a leg injury pre-draft - given his size now and what he seemed capable of ... could have been a heck of a player.

and they have two more seasons to look forward to

thing is its a actually a s**t list now

other than rozzee, butters, JHF, bergman, AA its s**t.

when rioli starts to look like your best player you have issues

Players to build the list around.
Marshall, JHF, Butters, Rozee, Bergman, Jones

Players edging end of careers 29+ beginning of season 2024
Aliir, Dixon, Boak, Wines, Lycett, McKenzie, Clurey

B grade and below players
DBJ, Fantasia, Bonner, Burgoyne, Burton, Duursma, Evans, Farrell, Georgiadis, Hayes, Lord, McEntee, Mead, Narkle, Sinn, Teakle, Williams

Round the mark B+ A graders
SPP, Rioli, Finlayson

The rest are unknowns.

Basically remember 12 months ago when Rowie asked if which list you'd prefer Crows or Port as a new coach? Crows every day of the week. Port are destined to for a crows like rebuild and i dont think Ken will be remebered fondly by Port fans.

DBJ, Fantasia, Bonner, Burgoyne, Burton, Duursma, Evans, Farrell, Georgiadis, Hayes, Lord, McEntee, Mead, Narkle, Sinn, Teakle, Williams

SPP, Rioli, Finlayson

The rest are unknowns.

Basically remember 12 months ago when Rowie asked if which list you'd prefer Crows or Port as a new coach? Crows every day of the week. Port are destined to for a crows like rebuild and i dont think Ken will be remebered fondly by Port fans.
Take out Marshall. He is crapola.

SPP, Rioli, Finlayson

The rest are unknowns.

Jones doesn’t seem to do anything other than get in peoples way and bang it on the boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and they have two more seasons to look forward to

thing is its a actually a s**t list now

other than rozzee, butters, JHF, bergman, AA its s**t.

when rioli starts to look like your best player you have issues

Not really. You aren't ever going to have a s**t list with a midfield like that. It really does a couple of players to really tie it all together though, like an elite KPF or gun CHB to pair with Aliir Aliir.

Mind you, for Port that's as much a bad thing then good, seeing they really need a year where s**t hits the fan to force out Hinkley, Koch and co. Which are the main things holding them back.

After all, that extra effort, desire and toughness that separates a premier/big contender from the also rans is a coaching thing.

This year was as good as powaa could play. I expect them to drop off next year and struggle to make the 8.

This year was as good as powaa could play. I expect them to drop off next year and struggle to make the 8.
They could but on paper at least their list will be better next year. Their weakness is in defence .They will get those 2 defenders from Geelong and ess As well as sweet from the dogs. I think he will be a very good ruckman
Also will get georgiadies back so like a new recruit. Wines will actually have a preseason this time too. Bad news for you I expect them to be top 4 again good news ken is still coach so a similar result to this year is more likely than them missing the finals.

They could but on paper at least their list will be better next year. Their weakness is in defence .They will get those 2 defenders from Geelong and ess As well as sweet from the dogs. I think he will be a very good ruckman
Also will get georgiadies back so like a new recruit. Wines will actually have a preseason this time too. Bad news for you I expect them to be top 4 again good news ken is still coach so a similar result to this year is more likely than them missing the finals.
I reckon top 4 next year will be Pies, Lions, Crows and Gws. Crows just need to decrease our score against.

I like your optimism.

Forward line
Georgiadis was dropped for form even before he was injured. Will only replace a lame Dixon in the side anyway. They have two good forwards but where is the rest? Rioli is a clever player but unreliable. Great in some games, poor in others. SPP I feel is a better midfielder whose forced to play in the forward line. But yes, there is some talent overall.

Ruckman? Sweet will just be another younger Lycett. Nothing wrong with this selection though.

The backline is a disaster area and ZT from Essendon and Ratugolea from Geelong will only replace Jonas and McKenzie. Neither are stars and neither will make an impact. They are just replacements.

Im not sure you can expect the midfield to get better, it was already arguably AFL's best this year, even as JHF gets more experience. But his style is probably not going to change. What we see now is what we will see next year. Young midfields have been hyped up for years as wait until they get experienced and nothing ever really changes. For as dominating Ports midfield was, I don't see an X factor type like Martin, Dangerfield or Cripps who can almost lift the team up themselves. Wines arguably was that player but JHF certainly isn't. Butters isnt either.

Overall I suspect you will find they will finish 6-8 next year. Crows will over take them. St Kilda probably will. GWS, Carlton. I don't see any reason as to why Collingwood wont come again. Brisbane almost certainly will be around the mark next year. Melbourne as well. So the question is will they win enough games to be ahead of Brisbane, Collingwood, Adelaide, Carlton, GWS, Melbourne. Other teams that may come Geelong, Sydney, Fremantle. Even Gold Coast could make a surge next year.

SPP, Rioli, Finlayson

The rest are unknowns.

I’m not convinced in Jones, Marshall or JHF just yet

Bergman will be gone in two years

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like your optimism.

Forward line
Georgiadis was dropped for form even before he was injured. Will only replace a lame Dixon in the side anyway. They have two good forwards but where is the rest? Rioli is a clever player but unreliable. Great in some games, poor in others. SPP I feel is a better midfielder whose forced to play in the forward line. But yes, there is some talent overall.

Ruckman? Sweet will just be another younger Lycett. Nothing wrong with this selection though.

The backline is a disaster area and ZT from Essendon and Ratugolea from Geelong will only replace Jonas and McKenzie. Neither are stars and neither will make an impact. They are just replacements.

Im not sure you can expect the midfield to get better, it was already arguably AFL's best this year, even as JHF gets more experience. But his style is probably not going to change. What we see now is what we will see next year. Young midfields have been hyped up for years as wait until they get experienced and nothing ever really changes. For as dominating Ports midfield was, I don't see an X factor type like Martin, Dangerfield or Cripps who can almost lift the team up themselves. Wines arguably was that player but JHF certainly isn't. Butters isnt either.

Overall I suspect you will find they will finish 6-8 next year. Crows will over take them. St Kilda probably will. GWS, Carlton. I don't see any reason as to why Collingwood wont come again. Brisbane almost certainly will be around the mark next year. Melbourne as well. So the question is will they win enough games to be ahead of Brisbane, Collingwood, Adelaide, Carlton, GWS, Melbourne. Other teams that may come Geelong, Sydney, Fremantle. Even Gold Coast could make a surge next year.
You make some valid points. But like yourselves their home record in the minor round against interstate sides was excellent. They should be able to win most of their home games They also play well in Victoria. So I think they will hold their ground around the top 4 or 5

Not really. You aren't ever going to have a s**t list with a midfield like that. It really does a couple of players to really tie it all together though, like an elite KPF or gun CHB to pair with Aliir Aliir.

Mind you, for Port that's as much a bad thing then good, seeing they really need a year where s**t hits the fan to force out Hinkley, Koch and co. Which are the main things holding them back.

After all, that extra effort, desire and toughness that separates a premier/big contender from the also rans is a coaching thing.
it is a s**t list if butters goes down they are near the bottom of the ladder

it is a s**t list if butters goes down they are near the bottom of the ladder

Rozee and JHF also exist.

Port are a pretty safe mid-table bet, even if things go wrong. A premiership threat if they can fix their defensive fragility and move on Hinkley/Koch.

I like your optimism.

Forward line

You need to take off your Croses coloured glasses mate.
JHF is exactly that Dangerfield type that they need. Kid has just played his second year and is 2-3 years away from being the player he will become. Will be a top 5 player in the comp in 26 or 27.
They still have other holes no doubt but they have a fair bit of improvement through that midfield to come. As good a midfield as we have seen since the Lions 20 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back