Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

No I’m not, I’m pointing out why people are annoyed with his selection.

Posting it’s a knee jerk whingeing is supposed to mean what exactly when you don’t agree with his selection? They were your words.
I’m not saying that it was a kneejerk reaction. I just got dragged into the discussion by someone who thought they’d take a completely unprovoked swing at me. I was just explaining what it is, in general, that I found tedious on this board. (And I’m not alone.) And suddenly everyone is getting stuck into me for something I never said. And that’s another reason why this board can be an unpleasant place. But more often than not - it’s fine.

No they're not Grotto .....
Youve gone off on a tangent.

As I stated before you need elite blue chip A+ mids to win flags and we dont have them.

We are not wininng a flag with Sloane, Keays and Croucn in the team. Ever.

I’m not saying that it was a kneejerk reaction. I just got dragged into the discussion by someone who thought they’d take a completely unprovoked swing at me. I was just explaining what it is, in general, that I found tedious on this board. (And I’m not alone.) And suddenly everyone is getting stuck into me for something I never said. And that’s another reason why this board can be an unpleasant place. But more often than not - it’s fine.
You said kneejerk whinging, so not sure why you are denying it now? That’s what got you more attention.

Youve gone off on a tangent.

As I stated before you need elite blue chip A+ mids to win flags and we dont have them.

We are not wininng a flag with Sloane, Keays and Croucn in the team. Ever.
You quoted the midfielders in GEEL's 2022 GF side ......then compared to our midfielders in a non-finals year

Given the youth are still developing, a more realistic POV would be ...what will our midfield look like in two years

Another Draft / Trade period .....but you could see, Laird, Dawson, Pedlar, Rachelle, Soligo, and possibly Nankervis in a Finals Midfield ......need to project another 40 games of development / maturity ....and I do believe Nankervis has some great midfield traits

Any other members receive a message from the crows about how entry is subject to capacity? Surely this is irrelevant if you’ve season tickets in reserved seats?

I’m really not having a crack at anyone. I agree he shouldn’t be in. You should work out exactly what it is you’re angry with me about because whatever you think it is, that’s not it.
Calling those that disagree with crouch being selected as knee jerk whinging when you have the same opinion.
Of course you’re having a crack?
What else do you call it?
Not sure where you’re getting the angry idea from, but stop making arguments that aren’t there.
Isn’t that what you said to me?

LOL

They'll play, but good try Port.
I’m a bit of a cynic but a loss to Poort Pear will be a coach killer. If they get up by a narrow margin it will be Soooo Brave.

I expect Wines, SPP and Houston to play although I would like Ollie to play. Why add Boak to the mix? He hasn’t exactly been shooting the lights out this year.

Any other members receive a message from the crows about how entry is subject to capacity? Surely this is irrelevant if you’ve season tickets in reserved seats?
Probably just have a main membership list that's not sorted by the different memberships, so just broadly gets broadcast out when it's intended for just a specific subsection.

Youre the one that talked about Geelong in the first place.

Its irrelevant to the point I made.
GEEL's midfield this year, compared to our midfield this year .....apples to apple comparison

They had to play Stewart in the Midfield last week .....that's how vaunted their midfield is

I think the game plan will be similar to the recent GWS game. hard fought, in close, territory battle because in the past the GWS midfield had torched us. It worked for a couple of quarters, I just fear that with our MF make up of Keays, sloane, crouch, laird and dawson, if the power get the ball on the outside and it only has to be for a quarter, we don't have the speed to go with them and well that will be game over. Anyhow will be interesting to see how we tackle the game and whether or not Nicks has another plan to go to if the game gets away from us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand the pants-wetting on here. This game always was 50/50. Crows' best performances are against the quality sides. But showdowns are showdowns. We might get pantsed, or we could give them another belting they so richly deserve, or it could be a heart stopper. If we're on, we go ok.
No Murray and no Rankine - our 2 best players against Melbourne and two of our most influential.
That's a huge loss.

+ worse if the oppo knows they are losing the ruck and start roving accordingly.
Which is when he needs to communicate with our midfielders where he is going to hit the ball.

Calling those that disagree with crouch being selected as knee jerk whinging when you have the same opinion.
Of course you’re having a crack?
What else do you call it?
Not sure where you’re getting the angry idea from, but stop making arguments that aren’t there.
Isn’t that what you said to me?
For the last time, I disagree with Crouch being selected. Stop accusing me of something I never said.

Why Gollant Jeff ? .......yeah he had a good game last weekend ....but B4 that for many weeks, his hands have been cement

I could understand Gollant for Thilthorpe
No, Berg would been to come in for RT as we need a backup ruck option.

I'm one who thought we should manage Fogarty's knee & give an in form Gollant another run.

Yes because selecting that slow, unskilled, plodding midfield makes our chances of winning better.

:drunk:
Our results have got worse as we have prioritised experience, particularly in the centre square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back