Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Our results have got worse as we have prioritised experience, particularly in the centre square.
Nicks has fallen into the same trap that so many coaches do when the pressure is getting to them. When does it ever work? You would think if he selected a younger side, he could at least point to that when he's in his contract negotiations. By selecting underperforming seniors, he gets worse results on the field and he can't even argue he was rebuilding.

Yes it happens, those young players, did their coach say they weren’t ready, scraped in on the day due to illness, played well and then kept their spot? Got any names?

I don’t watch the commentary on every player coming in. Reality is though lots of players sit in the seconds for a while before they come in and then do well. It’s not like it’s Nicks issue - happens all over the league.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our results have got worse as we have prioritised experience, particularly in the centre square.

Have you looked at the CBA stats? That doesn’t really stack up. Pty Sloane and Keays had little CBA’s in our losses to the Bulldogs and Bombers. Then some games (GWS and Gold Coast) they did have more and we lost.

The data doesn’t show a trend - maybe when we have had our biggest rotation numbers through the middle it has correlated with our worst games ?

You’re assuming the side they picked will help us do that, given Sloanes form can’t see how he helps with that and when you line up our experienced midfield against theirs, do you think it’s a good match up?
It's a S***house matchup with Rozee, Butters, and JHF .....it is however, probably the best midfield we could bring together THIS WEEK

It's a S***house matchup with Rozee, Butters, and JHF .....it is however, probably the best midfield we could bring together THIS WEEK
Our wings and flankers are going to be busy chasing their mids

On the flip side it will be interesting to see if we can win more ball at contest because it not we’re toast

If it's the best we could come up with, our list management team have failed and need to be replaced.

Our wings and flankers are going to be busy chasing their mids

On the flip side it will be interesting to see if we can win more ball at contest because it not we’re toast
SPP has been the inside Bull .....if we can get first touch inside, it may restrict Butters / Rozee ....and we have to hope Charlie's Knee is worse than thought

Our FWD's hold the key .....if they can get good delivery .....but missing Rankine is huge

Does Keays do a tagging role & on whom?

If it's the best we could come up with, our list management team have failed and need to be replaced.
Nah .....just circumstances, Rankine & Rachelle out .....Pedlar a year early .....Soligo also a year early ....will Schoenberg step up ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree we have put together our best midfield for the week as unbalanced.

We better hope their players are struggling with the flu... or we will be made to look slow.

C7 saying Flu has hit Alberton. :think:
3 players missed today's captains run... including their captain, but there is a reasonable chance more fall ill over the next 24 hours...

Boak, Narkle, Burgoyne & Lord all emergencies... so suspect some may come in.

I don’t watch the commentary on every player coming in. Reality is though lots of players sit in the seconds for a while before they come in and then do well. It’s not like it’s Nicks issue - happens all over the league.

Are you missing the point on purpose?

You’re talking about the natural development of juniors who have been SELECTED by their coach.

Nankervis WASN’T SELECTED by Nicks, he fell into the side due to illness, performed and was retained.

If there wasn’t late outs, Nank wouldn’t be playing this week and odds on he wouldn’t have got a game this year.

It’s the last time I’ll explain it to you.

We will be well beaten in the middle regardless of match ups.

Murray out, but I still think our backline is capable of holding their forwards.

Key to win is to make their midfield exits dirty. Nothing clean.

And a big effort from Tex. Jonas out is hany here. His record against Port is not great. Jonas always on him and recently beaten him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fog has no excuses .....since his knee, he's not launching at the ball .....gone back to wrestling too much

Somethings not quite right there
sure.. his knee had an impact back in the first few rounds after he came back from it…

but..

Fog‘s return to wrestling seems to correspond more with the return of using keays and sloane in the midfield again..

First half of last season.. sloane (before his knee) and keays are in the middle.. fog wrestling..

second half of last season.. sloane not there and keays moved to half forward… guys like Soligo, berry, shoey are in there a shitload more.. Fog starts dominating..

start of this year before his knee.. fog starts where he left off last year..

Fog hurts knee.. comes back a bit gingerly for the first 3-4 weeks after it..

keays and sloane start getting tonnes of CB’s and mid minutes.. fog wrestling again..

I‘d say the wrestling is linked to the unpredictable kick and hope shite that gets delivered into our forward line.. when sloane, keays and laird are in there (especially together at once)..

you see tex wrestling a lot too at the same time..

when you put a cooked snail paced old man and an erratic energiser bunny who literally gets in his team mates way,is unbelievably unpredictable and even knocks his own team mates over sometimes, it puts pressure on all their fellow midfield team mates.. everyone’s forced to rush their possessions.

the result?.. rushed decisions, rushed disposals.. equal s**t outcomes.. and a more difficult time for the blokes forward of the ball.

We will be well beaten in the middle regardless of match ups.

Murray out, but I still think our backline is capable of holding their forwards.

Key to win is to make their midfield exits dirty. Nothing clean.

And a big effort from Tex. Jonas out is hany here. His record against Port is not great. Jonas always on him and recently beaten him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not true. I recall one particularly annoying showdown when Burton pantsed him, running off him twice in the centre for two long goals.
We have to make bloody sure that it doesn't happen again. :(

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back