• Rory Sloane (sub)

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as deep as those two though. Butters and Rozee are elite. JHF will be elite, does elite things but is in and out. Ollie is ok. Who else they got?

Pies and GWS both bat half a dozen deep
Willem Drew getting plenty of accolades this season as well especially as a run with player, Duursma outside mid, Bergman looks pretty good when he's had a run on ball.

Very good. Played last two games and been more than serviceable, deserves to hold his spot
Might pay to grab his brother Alex if he doesn't get drafted this draft, goes alright too, around the 185cm midfielder with plenty of talent.

Willem Drew getting plenty of accolades this season as well especially as a run with player, Duursma outside mid, Bergman looks pretty good when he's had a run on ball.

Duursma looks cooked to me.

Bergman seems to be a victim of their refusal to recruit/develop key defenders.

Good
We beat Port 5 times this year 2xAFL, 2xSANFL and 1xAFLW
Tex is amazing and I'm so happy he finally won a showdown medal he's played some great Showdowns before but this one was the best
The backline, all of them, were sensational, so young and inexperienced and to have our two best KPD out and then another go down in the 2nd quarter is really a credit to Scotty Burns on how he's coached that group.
Matt Crouch wound back the clock, it was magnificent how hard both himself and Laird tackled those younger Port mids they made them feel every possession.
Dawson, what a player, what a captain thank god he chose us
I also booked a date and a venue for my wedding, only taken us 15 years!

Bad, the optics on that head clash and no concussion sub for either.

Fair push in the media for an investigation, AFL have announced they have a broom and rug lifted in regards to the collision and subsequent medical efforts from Port. I think Laqchie Jones will be ruled out as Port will have to sacrifice one of the two
The AFL should force them to leave out both players next week. They need to crack down really hard on them for this otherwise it will leave the door open for other teams to do the same.

I can see some big changes coming as a result of this. The AFL need to have independent doctors at the game to run the concussion tests rather than leaving it up to the club doctors. They need to take the decision away from the clubs as they will do whatever they can to get an advantage.

I feel Walker's candy goal on the left was a direct response to Richo on Friday night claiming there is no key forward as skillful and dangerous when the ball is in dispute than Curnow (straight after Curnow kicked a snapped goal).

One of the many "Covid sacrifices" that showed the higher ups that how much they can save by skimping so never went back to normal, despite how much the quality suffers. Let's not forget the Big Bash graphics flashing up "SIX!!!", because the cameraman lost it so the commentators called it six, even though it was caught 10m in from the boundary.

Kind of like how nearly every inbound call centre is still horribly understaffed because the bosses found that you can just reduce staff numbers, overwork them, and still get the job done.
As someone who works in one of those understaffed call centres, I can confirm it's horrific

Must have been an oversight as Richo loves Tex.

I think it was a set up to the coverage switching to a view of Fevola in the stands and he was looking for a connection in hindsight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something subtle, as he's always switched on and great, but did anyone else think Laird just turned his intensity up a notch on Sat night?
When we play well it usually starts with our tackling pressure and laird is at the forefront. He was onto Port players before they had a chance to think about what to do. So good to see.

One thing I wanted to mention.

In all our games where we held a lead at the breaks , especially 3/4 time , I was concerned we would let the other team back in the game.

I didn't feel that Saturday night.
I felt comfortable the entire game, even though watching the replay it was generally close(ish) for the most part. Maybe it was low expectations (and the booze).

Tex's purple patch at the end of third probably snuffed out any chance they had. Meant that we broke even on the scoreboard in a quarter they had the better of.

I felt comfortable the entire game, even though watching the replay it was generally close(ish) for the most part. Maybe it was low expectations (and the booze).

Tex's purple patch at the end of third probably snuffed out any chance they had. Meant that we broke even on the scoreboard in a quarter they had the better of.
Agreed. As I expected, our high-intensity performance in the first half wore us out somewhat, and we came out unable to continue it after halftime. We were right for the plucking at that stage and allowed Rozee and Butters to run around the flanks at will, handpassing to each other. Holding back the tide was critical in the third and Tex broke them. It was clear that we had them beaten at that stage.

The AFL should force them to leave out both players next week. They need to crack down really hard on them for this otherwise it will leave the door open for other teams to do the same.

I can see some big changes coming as a result of this. The AFL need to have independent doctors at the game to run the concussion tests rather than leaving it up to the club doctors. They need to take the decision away from the clubs as they will do whatever they can to get an advantage.
Access All Areas on the AFL website was running with the story and that independent doctors would be a good idea.

They also stated that Tex is the best kick of a drop punt off both feet in the AFL and maybe the best dual sided big man ever....

Access All Areas on the AFL website was running with the story and that independent doctors would be a good idea.

I thought doctors being unbiased went with the profession?

But how stupid of me last few years should have taught me better.

Horne-Francis gets booed because of Kane Cornes carry on all off season.
I find it uncomfortable booing a south australian kid and one of the best we’ve produced out of state program along with Rozee and Rankine over last 20 yrs

He’s going to be some player . I’m just going to enjoy any chance we beat him as he will beat us many times

On the one hand independent doctors is a no brainer.

On the other, will it throw up inconsistent outcomes as with all things AFL?
I'd say we're already seeing inconsistent outcomes looking at what went on with Port on Saturday night vs how pretty much every other club goes about it.

Back