• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1760916

BTW, check this out.

Here's the Port supporter's section in the Southern stand just moments after the game had finished.

It was emptying pretty steadily from about 10 minutes into the last qtr, but you know, Port supporters never leave early.
They left with migraines

I think he’s going to be really good but not sure he’s going to be at that kind of level. Maybe he will, but the truly great players have truly great skills and haven’t seen that from JHF yet.
Temperament is the worry for mine...

Hi just wondering if anybody knows is it possible or have a link to listen to the five aa call of the showdown at all? Nothing better than hearing the port commentators when they slowly realise they are in for a flogging 😂

Are you kidding me, to say that Adam Goodes was being booed because of the colour of his skin is absolute crap!
It’s the political responce that everybody is now told to take. Anybody that thinks a huge percentage of the crowd are all rasists is totally out of their mind.
Just do the math and work out how many people it takes to make that amount of noise,we aren’t all racists!
Two things.
  1. Racism is more common than you seem prepared to admit. And every single racist who revelled in booing Goodes would insist they were doing it for other reasons. Maybe even kidding themselves, which is common among racists. Be careful before going where you just went.
  2. Non-racists who think they were doing a good thing by booing Goodes for other reasons, need to realise that they were facilitating racists. People need to grasp this. It’s not just about them and their personal thoughts about how Goodes played. Every racist in the crowd would be in seventh heaven to see it happening and rip in with full voice and hateful joy in their hearts. Do you really want to be cheering along with them?

There's just odd moments from him that make me question how badly he wants to be the best. Just little flickers where it feels like he just goes "Ah * it, this is too hard".
Yeah, but he is 19/20 years old. Understandable. I would be out of my skin if he was with us. PA got him for a bargain.

I agree that it's ugly, but not in any way comparable to the disgusting Mass Crowd Racism Abuse that Goodes received.

Jason Half Forward is paying the Disloyalty Tax. You're the #1 draft pick, best young talent in the country, so you get picked by the bottom club, which then showers you with confetti and love, fans invest their hope and aspirations in you...so what do you do? You sook. You half-train. You focus on putting your unhappiness out there for all to see about being with a bottom club...because you can't see a premiership medal around your neck anytime soon. You pick up your ball and announce you are going home. You approach the nearest-to-home club that is in its premiership window. Who naturally are delighted.

That's not how being a super-talented young AFL player is done. You haven't paid your dues to the game that is going to reward you handsomely. You haven't grown up. You have attempted to 'break the system'. If the top 5 picks every year immediately made it known they won't be happy and need to join a top club straight away, the AFL would be a shambles and devolve into Elite Clubs and Feeder Clubs.

He is being booed for behaving like a brat and disrespecting the game itself. I won't encourage the booing, but I can understand it.

What a lot of bullshit

Tex sold candy to kick a goal from 55m out on his left foot.

It won't win goal of the year but it should.

Most goals of the year are a combination of great skills and a bit of luck that the 2% attempt went through.

This was pure skill.

Is there another player in the entire comp who can do that on their non-preferred foot?

Struggling to think of many in history who could do it.

I was trying to think of Crows who could do it and the only one I could come up with was Darren Jarman.

McLeod and Betts were both incredible on the left, but I don’t reckon either had quite the same range as Tex.

Players from other clubs? Now there’s a conversation. It’s still a very short list though.

I think he’s going to be really good but not sure he’s going to be at that kind of level. Maybe he will, but the truly great players have truly great skills and haven’t seen that from JHF yet.

Dangerfield stands out as one who was truly great without the exceptional skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was trying to think of Crows who could do it and the only one I could come up with was Darren Jarman.

McLeod and Betts were both incredible on the left, but I don’t reckon either had quite the same range as Tex.

Players from other clubs? Now there’s a conversation. It’s still a very short list though.
DJarman and Tex are equally as skilled as one another. The two most skilled finishers in our history.

DJarman and Tex are equally as skilled as one another. The two most skilled finishers in our history.

Darren and Andrew are still levels above TEX. Tex has great skills but Darren and Andrew Jarman could hit you 50m out on a lead on either foot with any amount of traffic in the way with the ball not being above a couple metres off the ground. There's skills and then there are skills. Tex football smarts make him more skillful too but Darren and Andrew were literal poetry.

People always use to rave about Buckley’s kicking, and don’t get me wrong, Bucks was a great kick, and had a lot of penetration, but in terms of the art of the kick on both sides on the body, Jarman was magnitudes better than Buckley at both field and goal kicking.

DJ hands down the most skilful player I've seen on a footy field, followed by his brother.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He could do it in a pinch running full tilt, but he’s just as likely to bang 9/10 of those out on the full.

Danger was a bull at a gate, and a very good one, but nowhere near as skilled in the actual art of the game as the aforementioned players.
He was better off his left than right when bursting out the ground. I think because he had to think about it rather than just blaze the kick. This wasn't the one I was thinking of, but 1st I found.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Betts kicked a left footed torp from the boundary in the wet from 50m.

Back