• Rory Sloane (sub)

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it uncomfortable booing a south australian kid and one of the best we’ve produced out of state program along with Rozee and Rankine over last 20 yrs

He’s going to be some player . I’m just going to enjoy any chance we beat him as he will beat us many times
I still think JHF will be among the best SA player to ever play AFL.

Roo/Pavlich territory. Nathan Buckley considered South Aussie??

But like Bucks and Pavlich, never win a Premiership.

His second year and some of the stuff he does is just awesome. Once he gets consistency and maturity he is going to be top level elite.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still think JHF will be the best SA player to ever play AFL.

Roo/Pavlich territory.

But like Pavlich, never win a Premiership.

His second year and some of the stuff he does is just awesome. Once he gets consistency and maturity he is going to be top level elite.

Sadly, I think he has Buckley level/type playing and skill qualities.

View attachment 1760916

BTW, check this out.

Here's the Port supporter's section in the Southern stand just moments after the game had finished.

It was emptying pretty steadily from about 10 minutes into the last qtr, but you know, Port supporters never leave early.
To be fair, they all had migraines.

View attachment 1760916

BTW, check this out.

Here's the Port supporter's section in the Southern stand just moments after the game had finished.

It was emptying pretty steadily from about 10 minutes into the last qtr, but you know, Port supporters never leave early.
Need somebody to photoshop a tarp into that.

The AFL should force them to leave out both players next week. They need to crack down really hard on them for this otherwise it will leave the door open for other teams to do the same.

I can see some big changes coming as a result of this. The AFL need to have independent doctors at the game to run the concussion tests rather than leaving it up to the club doctors. They need to take the decision away from the clubs as they will do whatever they can to get an advantage.
I have a feeling both players will miss this week, but it won't be for concussion. They will invent some other reason.
The AFL know that if they admit anything related to concussion occurred, whether through a flaw in their processes or Port cheating the system, they open it up to lawsuits.
If they publicly claim no concussions, they at least have a defendable position. Even if they roast Port in the background.

The one thing we know clearly is that the AFL always need positive attention and to control the narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling both players will miss this week, but it won't be for concussion. They will invent some other reason.
The AFL know that if they admit anything related to concussion occurred, whether through a flaw in their processes or Port cheating the system, they open it up to lawsuits.
If they publicly claim no concussions, they at least have a defendable position. Even if they roast Port in the background.

The one thing we know clearly is that the AFL always need positive attention and to control the narrative.
I can see it now - In a surprise twist, it has been discovered that Alir has also developed a migraine and will now miss this week's game with Lachie Jones. Both players will be available the following week once they have recovered.

He'll be great if he pulls his head in. I was surprised people booed him Saturday, couldn't care less myself.
Honestly I'll go against the grain here and say people should keep booing him. This kid is a genuine talent that is going to skewer us in future showdowns. Getting inside his head, even if it just delays the inevitable, is about the best shot we have aside from developing a midfield that can negate him. This is the Crows we're talking about though and I've got no hope of that happening.

Honestly I'll go against the grain here and say people should keep booing him. This kid is a genuine talent that is going to skewer us in future showdowns. Getting inside his head, even if it just delays the inevitable, is about the best shot we have aside from developing a midfield that can negate him. This is the Crows we're talking about though and I've got no hope of that happening.
Let's put our heads together and see if we can come up with some good ideas in time for next year's chants night.

Let's put our heads together and see if we can come up with some good ideas in time for next year's chants night.
ac2c37ca-7e6b-45fd-82e7-f5ef2e7e92df_text.gif

simpsons-daryl-strawberry.gif

I think he’s going to be really good but not sure he’s going to be at that kind of level. Maybe he will, but the truly great players have truly great skills and haven’t seen that from JHF yet.

The Good:

The entire week, after a showdown win, especially after a comprehensive flogging.

Great to see a reduced number of Port Adelaide Power caps, scarves, and T-shirts wandering around shopping centres. :D:D
I still saw that weirdo that lives near me that wanders around with a teal knitted vest. shudders

Ken is sending Allir and Jones to some of the Port’s less reputable eateries this week in a bid to land a case of gastro.

Couldn't agree more - and as for the people who regularly boo this kid they really should back off and pull their heads in - he's a 19 year old kid FFS. The North heirachy hold no hard feeliings for him and recognise its always a risk when you recruit an interstater - particularly one so young. So all these DHeads booing him need to stop NOW! They are nothing but cowards booing from the comfort of the stands. All I can say is that I'm pleased he returned to SA even if not to us - he has a really bright future here if only these idjits can keep their big gobs SHUT! And if they don't we'll see another early retirement and AFL will be the poorer for it.

Negated him ok this week

Nobody “accidentally joins in” with racist booing when they know that’s what it is considered.

Horne Francis completely different situation.
I purposely chose incidentally as oposed to accidentally. But the booing of Goodes was out of control, and I don’t claim to know why people did it. I’m just saying that it’s easy to get lost in a crowd in a “I’m actually not sure why I’m booing, but everyone is doing it” kinda way, and the bigger the crowd the more powerful it can be.

Back