Difference between the atmosphere at a Port Power vs Pride of South Australias home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows supporters are far more loyal compared with Power fans but they do not make anywhere near as much noise and that is probably because of the age demographic. I know we are there for the footy but there is nothing wrong with nailing the 10 or 15 minutes beforehand to build an atmosphere. It fails miserably at the moment particularly compared with those first few seasons at Adelaide Oval. There is just no effort. The banner is even poor in size. I’m sick of watching the away team run out after us and listening to their song and having their lyrics all over the big screens. No wonder the fans stay away.

I don't get to games much these days being in the UK but our crowds always sound louder than there's on the telly when we kick a big goal.

They have the silly little inxs sing song at the start.

I don't get to games much these days being in the UK but our crowds always sound louder than there's on the telly when we kick a big goal.

They have the silly little inxs sing song at the start.
It's always amusing when people point to their karoake as proof their atmosphere is better. It's such a dour way to start a football game. Might as well sing something like Everybody Hurts before a game to get everyone pumped up.

It's always amusing when people point to their karoake as proof their atmosphere is better. It's such a dour way to start a football game. Might as well sing something like Everybody Hurts before a game to get everyone pumped up.
We should do that. The ultimate piss take. Holding scarves above our heads.

Everyyyyy booooody huuuuurts….

Then the music stops playing and it’s just the crowd - sometimes!

Ah, always a spine tingling moment at The Adelaide Oval, with the iconic REM tune playing before the bounce.

Seriously what a bunch of knobs.

And something I noticed this year, It almost seems as if the PA volume has been turned up, and its not till the very last line that they turn it down? Certainly seems less effective than it was years ago

Lol yeah, their "atmosphere" is manufactured by reciting a song. Our crowd's atmosphere is from pure passion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back