List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Likely trade of Sholl too
Trending Love GIF by Likee US

Continues from: List Mgmt. - 2023 List Management and Trading

Last edited by a moderator:
He has 1 foot out the door, nearly went to NM last year will be done this year bar something going wrong
Source I have is very good and openly shares info , not all of which I post here as some can be incriminating haha
Picking up Stephens and Sholl in the same trade period would pretty well explain why they haven’t finished above 17th for four years.

He has 1 foot out the door, nearly went to NM last year will be done this year bar something going wrong
Source I have is very good and openly shares info , not all of which I post here as some can be incriminating haha
See crow2crow..

This is how you do it.. how Viva has here.

No fuss, just provide what you’ve heard.. no need to name names if the person who’s provided the info doesnt want that.

Straight to the point.

No fluffing around the edges.

See crow2crow..

This is how you do it.. how Viva has here.

No fuss, just provide what you’ve heard.. no need to name names if the person who’s provided the info doesnt want that.

Straight to the point.

No fluffing around the edges.
BC happy to PM you more if you like just don't copy and paste into open forum

Burgess has played 3 games in 2 years, why would we want him?

What’s the appeal
Depth according to Silvers in an interview a few days after the Sydney game. Didn't mention Burgess specifically

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Brisbane and Collingwood both courting Doedee I am beginning to wonder if both those clubs are embarking on a Geelong-like strategy of trying to dislodge late career players for relatively high reward to cost ratio in terms of draft picks and or salary cap consumption.

Brisbane in particular, now I think about it, strongly looks to be going down that path.

Picking up Stephens and Sholl in the same trade period would pretty well explain why they haven’t finished above 17th for four years.
I doubt they are going after them as key planks in their next premiership assault. Thats guys you get in relatively cheap but that can play a role and get the team back to being bare minimally competitive (as opposed to not even close to competitive) so you have some sort of control of the game at times to practice implementing your own gameplan all while you continue to draft and trade and develop for those future key planks.

Also on North. I can see Clarkson being interested in McHenry. He would love his ability to hit those short spot up kicks in moderate congestion around the half forward area. That was one of the key aspects of the Hawks in their good years under Clarko. It might be in McHenry's interests to go there too if an offer presented. He will struggle in our slow, congested, contest based gameplan (a lot like Ricky Henderson) whereas in a Clarko gameplan I think he'd go a lot better (much like Hendo did).

With Brisbane and Collingwood both courting Doedee I am beginning to wonder if both those clubs are embarking on a Geelong-like strategy of trying to dislodge late career players for relatively high reward to cost ratio in terms of draft picks and or salary cap consumption.

Brisbane in particular, now I think about it, strongly looks to be going down that path.

I think it would have been the plan anyway but trading in Dunkley and getting F/S gifts last year and next year (levi ashcroft) means that FA acquisitions are more useful for Brisbane because we have our picks earmarked for other things.

If Brisbane get doedee, that's probably the only major(ish) acquisition we can make with what draft picks we have.

On discussion re McCluggage on this page - he's a logical target for you and while normally I'm in favour of cashing out an asset if you know they aren't going to re-sign, think in our case retaining him for 2024 would be worth more than getting one extra first round pick. Given the age of our main forwards (daniher and cameron) hitting 30/31 we only have a few more years to try win a premiership before we have to rebuild that part of the ground.

FWIW I'd be surprised if he left and I think we'll find a way to pay him, but I have no inside knowledge. We really haven't lost anyone for several years with the exception of McStay, who got offered more than we'd ever give him.

I think it would be the plan anyway but trading in Dunkley and getting F/S gifts last year and next year (levi ashcroft) means that FA acquisitions are more useful for Brisbane because we have our picks earmarked for other things.

If Brisbane get doedee, that's probably the only major(ish) acquisition we can make with what draft picks we have.

On discussion re McCluggage on this page - he's a logical target for you and while normally I'm in favour of cashing out an asset if you know they aren't going to re-sign, think in our case retaining him for 2024 would be worth more than getting one extra first round pick. Given the age of our main forwards (daniher and cameron) hitting 30/31 we only have a few more years to try win a premiership before we have to rebuild that part of the ground.

FWIW I'd be surprised if he left and I think we'll find a way to pay him, but I have no inside knowledge. We really haven't lost anyone for several years with the exception of McStay, who got offered more than we'd ever give him.
The beauty of Doedee is that's he's a RFA. Shouldn't come at any cost pick wise

Update on the Brennan Cox intel I was given, seems with Pick 4 being gettable thats where most of the focus is aimed at, along with the potential Hayward deal
Towards end of trade period depending on how our cards play out (eg. Burgess as cover) and what future draft collateral we end up with we may still pull the trigger this year with a future first etc..
Otherwise he'll come as a RFA next year 100%

This is what this board needs. 100% confidence to get our hopes up and to keep the off-season from getting boring.

I look forward to Cox signing a 6-year deal at Fremantle next March.

This is what this board needs. 100% confidence to get our hopes up and to keep the off-season from getting boring.

I look forward to Cox signing a 6-year deal at Fremantle next March.

Probably more likely than signing with us.

Probably more likely than signing with us.

We've had some big hits recently but they've tended to come out of nowhere.

If it hits bigfooty early, it seems to fall apart or a misdirection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back