List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying I wouldn't like Pickett on our list, could be a star, but from a draft night perspective, if the Dees take Jackson and Pickett with their first two picks, we owe them two beers.
Why Jackson?
If he slmehow slides to 12 and we take him all aboard the gravy train

Not saying I wouldn't like Pickett on our list, could be a star, but from a draft night perspective, if the Dees take Jackson and Pickett with their first two picks, we owe them two beers.

That makes up for pissing in Adelaide's beer for that trade with GWS :p

With Sam Hayes and Pete Ladhams there are easily 20 guys I'd rather have than Jackson
Nah quality talls are quality talls, especially when you look at the overall KPP profile of Port's list Jackson could also very much end up being forward ruck rather than a Ruckman

The Age's take on our draft. Not much to see here. Focused on South Australians which has never been an obsession of ours.

Once again Port Adelaide is heading to the draft with three selections inside the top 20, with midfielder Jackson Mead also likely to be added to their list via the father-son (his father, Darren won Port’s first best and fairest) with a bid for Mead unlikely to come until after pick 18. That’s good list management from Port, who completed a pick swap earlier in the week with Brisbane to put themselves in the position to nab four quality youngsters, after showing their capacity to select talent in 2018 when they took Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma. This year Port are being linked with South Australian defender Will Day and medium forward Miles Bergman who has rapidly improved this season with Sandringham Dragons. Will Gould would be an interesting choice as he is a powerful player at half-back who needs to improve his fitness. As a South Australian who was back-to-back All-Australian at the championships, he must take up decision making time for Port. They would love to see Dylan Stephens’ name alive at pick 12 but that is a long shot while they are a chance to add some maturity, if they have late picks available, given their list is in danger of becoming a little short of players in their mid-20s.

It's interesting they have linked us with bergman and day. Bergman is the logical pick for 16. Day is one of my favorites in the draft. I dont think port want a half back flank. If Port think they can turn Day into a midfielder he could be awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah quality talls are quality talls, especially when you look at the overall KPP profile of Port's list Jackson could also very much end up being forward ruck rather than a Ruckman

I'm not saying that I don't want him or that I wouldn't have been fine with us taking him at 29 if it had played out that way (similar to how Hayes was an absolutely insane steal at 47), just that there are at least 20 guys I can make a better case for on our list. In no particular order:

Worrell, Anderson, Flanders, Ash, Serong, Kemp, Stephens, Rivers, Sharp, Worrell, Robertson, Weightman, Green, Henry, Williams, McAsey, Young, Gould, Bergman, Maginness

I'm sure there are others too actually. All of those guys except the first two get pushed down the table with Melbourne taking Jackson at 3.

I'm not saying that I don't want him or that I wouldn't have been fine with us taking him at 29 if it had played out that way (similar to how Hayes was an absolutely insane steal at 47), just that there are at least 20 guys I can make a better case for on our list. In no particular order:

Worrell, Anderson, Flanders, Ash, Serong, Kemp, Stephens, Rivers, Sharp, Worrell, Robertson, Weightman, Green, Henry, Williams, McAsey, Young, Gould, Bergman, Maginness

I'm sure there are others too actually. All of those guys except the first two get pushed down the table with Melbourne taking Jackson at 3.

Two Worrells? I think one would be too many...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adelaide’s and Melbourne’s trades are interesting in that they have given sides the potential to pick the players they are after. Both clubs also would have been contemplating bids on the respective academy players from Freo and GWS. The willingness of Freo and GWS to give up a lot shows the faith in this first round compared with next years.

GWS, Melbourne, Port, Freo, Gold Coast and Geelong all have multiple first round picks. Hawthorn is desperately trying to get another first rounder, North and Essendon are also trying to get in on the action. Apart from GWS, everyone else is doing a version of a rebuild. Port and Melbourne are banking on a serious return to form to ensure this year pays for next. That multiple sides have backed 2019 over 2020 gives me some faith in our list management.

I’m also not as pessimistic as some on our 2020 chances. Hinkley remains but has proven he can reliably coach young players and can get the side to an 8th - 12th place finish. Dixon looks in good nick. Three more first rounders, Mead and, maybe, Partington could all play next year. We have some holes but haven’t really lost anything this year on our list. Make the finals and swapping a pick in the teens in 2020 for a pick in the teens in a better draft in 2019 doesn’t look too bad.

It's interesting they have linked us with bergman and day. Bergman is the logical pick for 16. Day is one of my favorites in the draft. I dont think port want a half back flank. If Port think they can turn Day into a midfielder he could be awesome.

I wonder if (in the future) Day could be part of a trade to get Lukosius …

think about it …

Day has a cousin at the Suns, he likes the Suns, he Supported the Suns when he was younger ..

the Suns never want just high picks they want established players (which Day could be in by the time Lukosius contract is up)

could we give Day + another player + 1 x high 1st or 2nd round pick & get Lukosius ????

I wonder if (in the future) Day could be part of a trade to get Lukosius …

think about it …

Day has a cousin at the Suns, he likes the Suns, he Supported the Suns when he was younger ..

the Suns never want just high picks they want established players (which Day could be in by the time Lukosius contract is up)

could we give Day + another player + 1 x high 1st or 2nd round pick & get Lukosius ????
Dreamin.

In order of preference:

Pick 12 - Kemp, Serong, Stephens, Weightman

Pick 16 - Worrell, Bergman, Williams

Pick 18 - Bergman, Williams, Gould

Any of those players will do me just fine and we're pretty much guaranteed to get three of them so it's all good.

Nobody is upset about trading out pick 29. That was always going to happen.

People are upset that we've traded out our 2020 pick, which could easily be a top 4 pick, for not a lot in return.
Yeah but realistically it will most likely be 8th to 12th and if I've been reading correctly then being a compromised draft that could und up being 8th or 12th plus a few. If the club has decided that pick 16 this year is a safer bet then should accept it and live with it.
We pay people to make those type of decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back