List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

[

[/QUOTE]
In order of preference:

Pick 12 - Kemp, Serong, Stephens, Weightman

Pick 16 - Worrell, Bergman, Williams

Pick 18 - Bergman, Williams, Gould

Any of those players will do me just fine and we're pretty much guaranteed to get three of them so it's all good.
Weightman at 12 not sure about that the rest I could live with

A good strategy could be to draft a flanker with scope to move into midfield in the future. This way you can move the former players we drafted as flankers with scope to play midfield such as Rozee and Butters into these roles quicker and have replacements for them. That could be a pretty good strategy.

A good strategy could be to draft a flanker with scope to move into midfield in the future. This way you can move the former players we drafted as flankers with scope to play midfield such as Rozee and Butters into these roles quicker and have replacements for them. That could be a pretty good strategy.
Like Andrew Moore? 😛

My first round mock:

1 GC Rowell
2 GC Anderson
3 MEL Jackson
4 GWS Ash
5 GWS Green
6 SYD Flanders
7 ADE McAsey
8 FRE Stephens
9 FRE Robertson
10 FRE Henry
11 CAR Weightman
12 MEL Young
13 HAW Kemp
14 PORT Serong
15 WBD Pickett
16 GEE Worrell
17 GC Day
18 PORT Gould
19 GEE Bergman
20 PORT Rivers

Young sliding that far would be insanity. Melbourne should be taking him with pick 3.

Yeah but realistically it will most likely be 8th to 12th and if I've been reading correctly then being a compromised draft that could und up being 8th or 12th plus a few. If the club has decided that pick 16 this year is a safer bet then should accept it and live with it.
We pay people to make those type of decisions.
We also pay Hinkley to coach and...

Yeah but realistically it will most likely be 8th to 12th and if I've been reading correctly then being a compromised draft that could und up being 8th or 12th plus a few. If the club has decided that pick 16 this year is a safer bet then should accept it and live with it.
We pay people to make those type of decisions.

Yeah I mean I don't hate the trade. It's a bit all in but there are several players in the 10-20 range this year, and with F-S and NGAs in the next couple of years, it could be worth the risk.

I was just pointing out to you that for those who don't like it, it has nothing to do with losing pick 29 like your post suggested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small forwards seem to be at a premium this year. I guess we have Richmond to thank for that.

It will be interesting to see what Port do on draft night. We haven’t had our our meat and potatoes yet (key position players and centre square midfielders) but there are a lot of good small types and outside mids in this draft. In isolation someone like Taylor would be a great pick at 18.

Richmond didn’t pay a lot at the draft table to get those small forwards

Rioli maybe the only first rounder?

I wonder if (in the future) Day could be part of a trade to get Lukosius …

think about it …

Day has a cousin at the Suns, he likes the Suns, he Supported the Suns when he was younger ..

the Suns never want just high picks they want established players (which Day could be in by the time Lukosius contract is up)

could we give Day + another player + 1 x high 1st or 2nd round pick & get Lukosius ????

Lukosius is going nowhere. This just needs to stop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond didn’t pay a lot at the draft table to get those small forwards

Rioli maybe the only first rounder?

Higgins as well

After listening to Davies and Parker last week I reckon there is a strong chance that we will have another crack at trading picks at the table to get us up the order. Wonder if Freo would cough up pick #8 and #49 for #16 and #18? It would give us Mead plus two picks in the top 12 and leave us a third round pick after possible matches for Mead. It would also give Freo three picks in the first round.

Pure fantasy and not likely to happen but Stephens, Serong plus Mead and a third round pick would be a fair return.

our list is so ******* shallow we dont need to be putting all our eggs in one basket. late first round picks are what we need to fill out the 22 far more than ‘a slightly higher preference of non-KPP’ and less spots filled

After listening to Davies and Parker last week I reckon there is a strong chance that we will have another crack at trading picks at the table to get us up the order. Wonder if Freo would cough up pick #8 and #49 for #16 and #18? It would give us Mead plus two picks in the top 12 and leave us a third round pick after possible matches for Mead. It would also give Freo three picks in the first round.

Pure fantasy and not likely to happen but Stephens, Serong plus Mead and a third round pick would be a fair return.

There's zero reason Freo would do that, they'd just end up losing #16 to a Henry bid anyway, whereas Henry probably won't be bid on before #8. From their perspective they'd just be giving up #8 for #18 at no benefit to themselves.

our list is so ******* shallow we dont need to be putting all our eggs in one basket. late first round picks are what we need to fill out the 22 far more than ‘a slightly higher preference of non-KPP’ and less spots filled

Yes I can see your point but the Draft is a lottery and you can have four picks in the first round and still not fill the bill. It is all about quality not quantity. Port always had the philosophy of taking the best player available and not picking for positions. I am not sure if that still holds true but if it does we could try to move up the list.

I would not be surprised if we attempt to trade up. Probably won't happen but I reckon we have targeted a player and will try.

Yes I can see your point but the Draft is a lottery and you can have four picks in the first round and still not fill the bill. It is all about quality not quantity.
List management is about quantity of quality. We have 22 spots to fill per game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back