Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really though, on what basis. No one really knows how this all plays out. Just sit back and enjoy the ride... as much as that is humanly possible. Footy has become near unwatchable in recent seasons... anyhow, I’m a glutton for punishment and am still intrigued with what’s going to happen.
Seconded.

The club gives so much fodder to reflect their incompetence in a number of areas.

As a rule drafting isn’t one of those areas. It’s probably the one day of the year we can comfortably watch and just say...yep all good, let’s move on.

Your friends aren't very bright are they?
They are an example of supporters who don’t follow it enough to look into reasons why, the exact type of supporters we are talking about.

Not like Carlton flogs who post on Big Footy.

They are an example of supporters who don’t follow it enough to look into reasons why, the exact type of supporters we are talking about.

Not like Carlton flogs who post on Big Footy.
Hey does draft start 630 or 7 Adelaide time

If we’ve always wanted McAsey and turn 4 into McAsey, a first rounder and a second rounder it’s just good business.

Why do people struggle with this?

What if we’ve actually always really wanted Day and Kemp and use Carlton and Geelong to turn 4 into:

- Three First Rounders (14, 17, 2020 GWS)
- Second Rounder (2020 CARL)
- not to mention our other picks 22, 23

Maybe this explains Binuk’s Draft Day post it note tweet.

If we’ve always wanted McAsey and turn 4 into McAsey, a first rounder and a second rounder it’s just good business.

What if we’ve actually always really wanted Day and Kemp and use Carlton and Geelong to turn 4 into:

I don’t think anyone has a problem with it, just hope he we’ve made the best choice

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the crux of this comment but I do think Boyd Woodcock is a good chance IF he gets the opportunities, I'm not sensing the latter though if this season is an indicator. Personally I think he has more to offer than Stengle when the whole package is taken into account.

The fact that Port have already delisted Woodcock is a pretty average sign for him.

Vontae Mack was pick 1 though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ridiculous.

People choose to blatantly ignore the fact that there is so much more to this than just a sole number. Just because we have pick 4 or 6, doesnt mean we HAVE to take some kid that a bunch of part time watchers and journos.

If we've identified player X as the one we want, and know he will be available, 5 or 10 picks later, then the fact we can then turn Pick 6 into Player X + another decent pick, then that is a credit to our list management team.

Blame the recruiting team 5 years down the track if Player X turns out to be utter junk. But don't throw a hissy fit just because we once had pick 9, in a completely different draft with a completely different set of players and completely different set of scenarios, and have gone from pick 4 to pick 9 in a different draft with different players again.

That is such a fundamental way of thinking about the whole process it's embarrassing. It is so much more complex than that.

Landsberger now running with the 6/9 pick swap, too, ugh

I reckon they all saw my post on here proposing us swapping picks with Carlton the other night and ran with it. There was zero mention of it anywhere prior to then!

If McAsey is our preferred target, we’d actually be crazy not to gain something by going down from 6 to 9. Hope it happens to be honest.

Then we can try to get up into the late teens to take Cooper Stephens. We have plenty of picks both this year and next to get it done.

OMFSM, is incorrect shirt buttoning a thing now? a hipster thing? if i go out with incorrectly buttoned shirts, is that like totally cool? because i'll start that trend if i have to
As a woman I still think it’s a modest thing to do
However even for my gender it’s fashionable now to bare all
Why are guys covering up ?

Given Hamish has said it's unlikely we move on 6 I just can't see us doing that deal just to help another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back