Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully Harry Edwards is ready to jump straight in to cover Barrass (form) and McGov (injury) when needed.

Brander and Allen also able to plus the gap.

Embarrassment of riches we have with our talls.

Need to find more gun mids and attacking runners.

Thankfully Harry Edwards is ready to jump straight in to cover Barrass (form) and McGov (injury) when needed.

Brander and Allen also able to plus the gap.

Embarrassment of riches we have with our talls.

Need to find more gun mids and attacking runners.
While Edwards srtarted well last year injury set him back and when he came back he was nowhere near the form he was in previously. He needs to build up his size and strength then get some form back before being considered as "being ready to jump straight in to cover Barrass." He is a very good prospect but not AFL ready yet.

Didn’t see it mentioned in the article but I’m pretty sure it was reference in the offical eagles podcasts that Barrass was playing with a badly injured hand or finger (tendon?) and that really affected him and his confidence

Appreciate that when you run out you are fully fit but I think there were reasons for it

One of the great predictors, for mine, of a genuinely winning team is pressure from underneath. We had a few lads this year - Barrass included - who really never had any prospect of being dropped even if their form went to s**t. That underscored the kinda-sorta-lack-of-hunger that comes from winning a flag.

Side note, here's a theory for you to disagree with: the guy or guys who party/parties the hardest during the flag celebrations is the guy who does the least the next year. I reckon you could have had Lycett/Vardy/Barrass in our top five for blokes who enjoyed 2018 just a little too much, based on the celebrations.

2006, Embley and Hunter were my personal candidates.

One of the great predictors, for mine, of a genuinely winning team is pressure from underneath. We had a few lads this year - Barrass included - who really never had any prospect of being dropped even if their form went to s**t. That underscored the kinda-sorta-lack-of-hunger that comes from winning a flag.

Side note, here's a theory for you to disagree with: the guy or guys who party/parties the hardest during the flag celebrations is the guy who does the least the next year. I reckon you could have had Lycett/Vardy/Barrass in our top five for blokes who enjoyed 2018 just a little too much, based on the celebrations.

2006, Embley and Hunter were my personal candidates.
I think you'll find it was B.Cousins that might have partied the hardest from 2006.

See The West are claiming a $huge surplus - behind the pay wall - leaks last year were badly managed.

Anyone across Duffields claims today ?
Not really news - West Coast have long been the richest sportsclub in the land - but still interested seeing the numbers.

Really they should be cutting membership costs as they are not for profit.

Not really news - West Coast have long been the richest sportsclub in the land - but still interested seeing the numbers.

Be better to put more into WA footy. Double it as an aim.

Big club + all the extra money from the premiership merch, it was always going to be a huge year for the clubs finances

Beancounters were a bit worried about the Lathlain outgoings doing some damage to the cashflow and recommended winning a premiership to the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beancounters were a bit worried about the Lathlain outgoings doing some damage to the cashflow and recommended winning a premiership to the board.

That's like Mr Burns level elite coaching

I don’t know if the are NFP. I looked at a number of annual reports for AFL sides recently and the eagles one (I think) was one of them that didn’t mention being NFP anywhere in the report.

Bloody plastic franchise tbh

I reckon you could have had Lycett/Vardy/Barrass in our top five for blokes who enjoyed 2018 just a little too much, based on the celebrations.
Lycett was dominant for half of his games this year though. Like Grundy dominant

I don’t know if the are NFP. I looked at a number of annual reports for AFL sides recently and the eagles one (I think) was one of them that didn’t mention being NFP anywhere in the report.

Lycett was dominant for half of his games this year though. Like Grundy dominant

NFP reeks of virtue signalling to nuffies when you are running pubs & pokies.
But no, criticise for not virtue signalling .. plastic yep!

Been around long enough they're no more plastic than any other club - but yeh super business minded.

Beancounters need to make the same recommendation for 2020 to ensure cashflow remains healthy...

See The West are claiming a $huge surplus - behind the pay wall - leaks last year were badly managed.

Anyone across Duffields claims today ?

$10m made, $6m in profit after WAFC paid up, comfortably the biggest profit in the league, $45m in cash reserves, having to work out what to do with it all. I suggest that they send hats to the Wings members.

Lycett also got dropped twice. A strange year for him.

Lycett also got dropped twice. A strange year for him.
That says more about Hinkley and his dumbass coaching that it does about Lycett though

$10m made, $6m in profit after WAFC paid up, comfortably the biggest profit in the league, $45m in cash reserves, having to work out what to do with it all. I suggest that they send hats to the Wings members.

We must have built our new facilities for free. I was pretty sure we didn't even have that in the bank before taking on that project. I can't get Perkins website to load up the details but from memory that was 20-30Mn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back