Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newness v Ellis
Any comments? Who is better?
How does it reflect on the dearly departed's recruiting strategy?
Is Newness a downgrade on Ellis?

Ellis is the better footballer, though there's not a lot between them. At a guess their output has been similar across their careers, with Ellis obviously a part of a stronger side.

From a list management perspective Newnes is the smarter acquisition, given their likely respective salaries.

Newness v Ellis
Any comments? Who is better?
How does it reflect on the dearly departed's recruiting strategy?
Is Newness a downgrade on Ellis?
Despite the disdain for him on this forum, Ellis has made an initial All Australian squad.
I'd imagine that he'd be held in higher esteem than Newnes but personally, I don't believe that there's a drastic difference in output between them & even Martin tbh.

I imagine that Newnes will play quite a bit of footy for us over the next year or so & given the outlay, that's a win.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AND over those four years....
  • Newnes was slightly more inside than Gaff (29.3% of possessions were contested vs Gaff's 26.5%), which tends to hit disposal eff %.
  • Newnes is also sligthly more likely to kick the ball - 60.4% of possessions vs 58.9% for Gaff. Don't quote me on this, but I think overall kicking eff % tends to be lower than handball eff %.
  • Newnes was also delivering the ball to St Kilda players vs Gaff's WCE teammates. Easier to earn an effective disposal when your teammate is more likely to be in space or win a 50/50 contest.
Each of those factors makes Newnes disposal eff % even more impressive when compared to Gaff's.

Yeah-but just guessing, gaff had a shed load more disposals than newnes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Despite the disdain for him on this forum, Ellis has made an initial All Australian squad.
I'd imagine that he'd be held in higher esteem than Newnes but personally, I don't believe that there's a drastic difference in output between them & even Martin tbh.

I imagine that Newnes will play quite a bit of footy for us over the next year or so & given the outlay, that's a win.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ellis made the AA squad 5 years ago and his out put has dropped ever since. It will be interesting to see how a player who only gets 25% contested possessions goes in a struggling side.

I am happy with the cheaper option.

Yeah-but just guessing, gaff had a shed load more disposals than newnes

Of course.

Gaff vs Newnes overall is not even a close battle.

But this discussion is in response to criticisms of Newnes' ball use. Which these stats suggest is comparable to the best winger in the game.

Ellis made the AA squad 5 years ago and his out put has dropped ever since. It will be interesting to see how a player who only gets 25% contested possessions goes in a struggling side.

I am happy with the cheaper option.
He made the AA squad when Richmond were battlers so we already know that he can perform without a star lineup.
He may not be a star but he is a solid role player, something that we're hoping that Newnes can be.

He made the AA squad when Richmond were battlers so we already know that he can perform without a star lineup.
He may not be a star but he is a solid role player, something that we're hoping that Newnes can be.

Ellis is, but we hope Newnes will be?

Ellis is no more of a guarantee than Newnes.

They made finals in 2014 and 2015 Ellis's best years so I think we can put this myth to bed. Was symptomatic of the Tigers soft underbelly in the early years of bad finals losses.

Ellis is, but we hope Newnes will be?

Ellis is no more of a guarantee than Newnes.
Yes, as previously stated, Ellis would be held in a higher esteem than Newnes.

They made finals in 2014 and 2015 Ellis's best years so I think we can put this myth to bed. Was symptomatic of the Tigers soft underbelly in the early years of bad finals losses.
The myth is that he is a soft seagull that'd turn to s**t as soon as he left the present powerhouse Tigers side, all the while overlooking that his best work to date predates Richmonds present strength.
Again, as stated - I'm happy with the addition of Newnes given the outlay and the negligible dropoff in standard.

Yes, as previously stated, Ellis would be held in a higher esteem than Newnes.

I am not sure that is correct - go back 10 months to before all the Ellis contract talk surfaced, and both were considered role players.

Ellis a premiership player and AA squad member, Newnes a well respected leader.

Again, Ellis is no more a guarantee from this point on than Newnes. At their likely respective prices it is hard to argue we are worse off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure that is correct - go back 10 months to before all the Ellis contract talk surfaced, and both were considered role players.

Ellis a premiership player and AA squad member, Newnes a well respected leader.

Again, Ellis is no more a guarantee from this point on than Newnes. At their likely respective prices it is hard to argue we are worse off.
Key difference being that one is or was, a role player in a strong side whereas one was marginalised in a squad almost unanimously viewed on this board as being s**t.
Ultimately, I don't particularly care whether it is correct as without being able to compare their output in our lineup we can't possibly know, I simpy put forward my perspective.

Ellis probably the better footballer but hard to say as one has been in a poor side and one in a top side.

Ellis salary wise is probably getting overpaid and if we got him would have overpaid. Newnes if anything is more than likely getting underpaid.

It's important that when our team matures and we're playing really good footy that we can pinpoint the weak areas we need to address to take the next step. So salary cap management from the start of the rebuild to the first flag is super important.

I think a few clubs have shot themselves in the foot. Collingwood rebuilt by bringing in a heap of talent from other clubs and paying high for top young talent but also just going for best available unlike us who have nailed down talls then mids and defenders and later smaller forwards and outside mids so the team will be complete and mature all around the same time. They got into a grand final without key position players and got done then again fell over lacking quality tall targets up forward and in their final loss it showed. Have filled some holes but now they find themselves in a situation where the salary cap wont allow them to fill the holes. Then there are Essendon who started paying big before they were even near finals.

We're in a good position because we have had order to our rebuild and because we haven't paid heavily in either picks or salary for players yet. It hasn't quite shown yet but the signs are there and when it does it will be glaring.

Not breaking the bank to bring in guys like Ellis and Shiel etc will be why hopefully when we are a top 6 side we also have room in the salary cap to go further rather than being a finals side or near finals side with no way to take the next jump.

It's a competitive industry no doubt and there are always challenges finding the players we are looking for, Pickett and Papley would have been a nice get but reality is we still finished down the bottom, still have retirements of key players looming and are still building our list so hitting the draft again was probably a good thing.

If we got Papley we'd be right for small forwards but still have concerns over our future retirements and midfield depth so we missed one and dealt with another issue which is good IMO and honestly they were more pressing issues. Certainly quicker to develop small forwards than it is midfielders.

I don't think it's a good idea to sell off a premium picks until you're up there. Essendon have. They sold the farm and weren't even a finals team. We haven't sold premium picks for mature talent yet and hopefully we can push into finals before we do which I think is the right thing to do. Collingwood being another example of too big too quick, they have built the list without enough thought, just picking best available and selling a lot of high picks and now their window is open and boy they have got close but they are in their window missing position players and are struggling to bring them in because they didn't do it early days. Us with the Judd trade is another prime example, going too big too quick too early and built a finals team full of holes we could not fill.

I think we'll be ok for small forwards next season. Who we have is good enough to get us into finals if the rest of the team is functioning well. It's probably not good enough yet to take us really deep into finals or to win a grand final but we have time to sort that out. IMO that's good enough at this stage but we will be looking to upgrade the players we have here.

No team wants to lose good players and Swans have Papley contracted and playing really well. It's a wonder they entertained a trade at all to be honest. My thinking is if they are were willing to trade they may be willing to trade again but are well within their rights to just say no. We should try and if they say no we go to the draft or next best player.

First pick next year will likely be a small forward type in one way or another.

I don't think it matters about the size of your forwards so much. If they have good skills, good closing speed, good game sense and are willing to apply quality pressure and be physical you will get plenty out of them. This is how I will be judging our small forwards. Don't have to kick goals, just have to be tough, close in on the footy quick, get to contests, pressure well, tackle well and make the most of their opportunities.

You're probably right about Caldwell, will be plenty of teams after him and we may be chasing other types more.

Certainly upgrade is the key word. We have players to fill every position on the field and every role and do it adequately. But who do we want a better version of who? Better ruckman, better small forward? Maybe we want a gun centerman still. It's going to be interesting to see where we get come the end of 2020.

This to me is Jack Silvagni all over, although not a “small forward” he ticks all the boxes you have listed, led the team for forward 50 tackles, 2nd in goal assists, next best for marks inside 50 after the KP players and his manic pressure and 2nd 3rd and 4th efforts are outstanding, got better as the year went on and the way he is able to now withstand pressure, especially the way he stands up in tackles and takes his time in assessing the best option before firing out a handpass to set up a teammate in space to score a goal, this is elite and it is Elite with a capital E.

Was comfortably our best performed non KP forward last year and should be starting in our forward line in Rd1 imo as he is the benchmark down there for effort and pressure, showed that you don’t have to be small and quick to be a pressure forward you just have to be smart and want it more than the next guy.

So... List structure.

This is a long post warning.

I want to try and break up our list into roles, and then a list of players who can play them by preference.

So, say the top key forward is Charlie, second is Harry, then Gov, Casboult, De Koning, then it gets hairy so you say... Cripps?

The idea is to try and get an idea for depth, through the lens of how we might play

So starting in the forward line:

Small Forward.

Key role is creating scoring opportunities. This requires both offensive pressure, being in dangerous spots, and defensive pressure, killing time and space for defenders to force turnovers in our end of the ground. So you want a forward who has very good game sense, chases, tackles and forces their opponent to be accountable. You need at least 2 on the ground, but as many as 2 other players who can play in this role on rotation

Player rankings:

Eddie Betts
David Cuningham

Michael Gibbons
Jack Martin
Zac Fisher
Samo Petrevski-Seton
Matthew Owies
Marc Murphy
Darcy Lang
Ed Curnow
Cameron Polson

The bolded 2 on top are making my starting 18.

Tall Forward

Key role is being the target for forward entries. Must have a strong marking game, ability to win 1 on 1 contests and create mismatches which attract defensive over-reactions or scoring opportunities. Tall forwards are focal points of attacks and need to have a strong understanding of their team's movement style, and be willing to capitalize on opposition defensive attention, either by pulling it away from teammates, or by forcing packs where smaller players can be in dangerous spots. You need at least 2.

Player rankings:

Charlie Curnow
Harry McKay

Mitch McGovern
Levi Casboult
Patrick Cripps
Jack Silvagni
Tom De Koning
Liam Jones
Ben Silvagni
Finbar O'Dwyer

Medium Forward

Key role is to be a damn match-up headache. A medium forward is a jack of all trades, they aren't a dominant mark, they aren't lightning when goal-side, but you cannot sleep on them. The point is to force opponents to make a defensive choice about how they cover you, having already dedicated their best tall defender (small lockdown defenders are rarer, as the role is actually immensely difficult). So if a team wants to zone out and cover space to kill marking opportunities, your job is to lead hard and wide, and force a defender with you, creating a hole. If they want to play close, your role is to get in the way and let the talls get free. You also are supposed to kick goals whenever you can. Medium forwards usually have some standout athletic trait, power, speed, endurance. Something that makes them a hard match-up. You should only have 1 designated

Player Rankings

Mitch McGovern
Charlie Curnow
Jack Silvagni
Matthew Kennedy
Finbar O'Dwyer

Mid-Forward

Key role is to be a playmaker. You go up the ground, get into dangerous positions as the player who is both outside and closest to goal, and then deliver the ball dangerously to positions which make defenders fret. You need to be a good user, need to be able to get separation and space and need to be able to move things on quickly and dangerously. You should have 1, but the more players who can take this role, the better.

Player Rankings

Jack Martin
Zac Fisher
Lochie O'Brien
Marc Murphy
Samo Petrevski-Seton
Nic Newman
Matthew Kennedy
Michael Gibbons

Inside Midfielder

Key role is first touch, clearance or to make the other team's attempt at the same very hard. An inside midfielder wants to win it in the tough spots and then handball it to a player in a better spot. Sometimes they get some space, and they should be able to use it there, but inside midfielders primary job is possession winning and capitalization. Which is to say, getting it AND giving it. You need 2, with at least 1 relief player.

Player Rankings

Patrick Cripps
Ed Curnow

Will Setterfield
Marc Murphy
Liam Stocker
Jack Silvagni

Balanced Midfielder

Key role is to be first receive. Think of it like a rover, your role is to get the ball under pressure and deliver it to advantage. Key assets here are the ability to create separation so that you can move from contested to uncontested. Balanced midfielders will spend time getting the ball in the clinches, but more importantly, spend more time moving the ball quickly and effectively from contested to uncontested situations. They also need to be putting on pressure and shutting down opponents spread, but offensive capabilities are the key. You need at least 2, having

Player Rankings

Marc Murphy
Sam Walsh

Zac Fisher
Paddy Dow
Samo Petrevski-Seton
David Cuningham
Will Setterfield
Jack Martin
Jack Newnes
Michael Gibbons
Darcy Lang
Cameron Polson
Sam Philp
Sam Ramsay

Wing

Key role is to be the outside option, always positioned just right. Wing is a hard role, it involves reading the play a step and a half ahead, working hard to position, and then often as not, getting burnt as an option. Wings need to be relentless workers, good users , defensively capable, offensively capable and mentally tough. Sometimes a wing just sees no action for ages, as the ball goes nowhere near them, and then, seconds later, they need to be able to pounce on opportunity.

Player Rankings

Jack Newnes
Jack Martin

Lochie O'Brien
Sam Walsh
Zac Fisher
Michael Gibbons
Tom Williamson
Matthew Cottrell

Ruck

Key role is to tap it to advantage, and then make your presence known. It helps to not be a liability on the outside, but the most important secondary role is to be a third inside mid when the ball hits the deck and get it to a better user as soon as you can. Rucks are often thrown around the ground as makeshift key positions, but usually this is a sort of chaos ball look, try and throw the opposition by putting your biggest player in the way.

Player Rankings

Matthew Kreuzer
Marc Pittonet
Tom De Koning
Levi Casboult
Harry McKay

Small Defender

Key role is to be the distributor of the ball coming out of the backline. Small defenders need to be able to cover defensively, but the primary role is to be given the ball and then deliver it effectively and dangerously up the ground. Very good ball users are required, particularly long kicks, good straight line speed and a certain aggressive flair. You should have 2 at least, with another back up rotating in.

Player Rankings

Sam Docherty
Nic Newman

Sam Petrevski-Seton
Kade Simpson
Tom Williamson
Lochie O'Brien
Liam Stocker
Matthew Cottrell

Medium Defender

Key role is to be Mr Fix-it. Fill gaps where you need, be offensive where you need, lockdown where you need. Medium defenders need to be good one on one, good marks and diligent with their ball use. They will naturally be more conservative users, as their role is to give it to the players who are better users. You should only have 1

Player Rankings

Sam Docherty
Lachie Plowman
Caleb Marchbank
Tom Williamson
Harrison MacReadie
Jack Silvagni

Intercept Defender

Key role is to cut off loose opposition forays, gain possession and distribute it. Intercept defenders need to be very good marks, exceptional readers of the play and have very quick responses. They also need to be able to cover defensive holes and be very adaptable. You should have 1, but 2 other players capable of rotating in.

Player Rankings

Caleb Marchbank
Jacob Weitering
Liam Jones
Harrison MacReadie
Levi Casboult
Lachie Plowman

Tall Defender

Key role is to neutralise opposition tall forwards and then effectively distribute the ball to the rebounders. Tall defenders need to be disciplined and staunch players, willing to sit in the hole, wrestle and scrap or kill space as required. They need to be don't lose players, not always win, willing to punch not mark, willing to shepherd the ball towards the boundary, rather than trying to take on the tackler. You need at least 2.

Player Rankings

Liam Jones
Jacob Weitering

Levi Casboult
Caleb Marchbank
Hugh Goddard
Harrison MacReadie
Ben Silvagni

Best 22:

Basically the way I see the composition as:

Small Defender, Tall Defender, Medium Defender
Small Defender, Tall Defender, Intercept Defender
Wingman, Inside Midfielder, Wingman
Small Forward, Tall Forward, Mid-Forward
Small Forward, Tall Forward, Medium Forward
Ruck, Inside Mid, Balanced Mid

Balanced Mid, Best Fit, Best Fit, Best Fit

So the first pass looks like:

B: Docherty, Jones, Docherty
HB:Newman, Weitering, Marchbank
C: Newnes, Cripps, Martin
HF: Betts, C.Curnow, Martin
F: Cuningham, McKay, McGovern
R: Kreuzer, E.Curnow, Murphy
I/C: Walsh, ? , ?, ?

Let's deal with the duplicates

B: Docherty, Jones, Plowman
HF: Betts, C.Curnow, Fisher
I/C: Walsh, ? , ?, ?

Now what to do with our remaining bench.

Well we need another mid rotation,next in line are:

Setterfield
Dow
Petrevski-Seton
Stocker
Gibbons

We also need a small defender rotation and a small forward rotation.

Small Defender:

Petrevski-Seton
Simpson
Williamson
O'Brien

Small Forward:

Gibbons
Petrevski-Seton
Owies
Lang

And also a utility who can play either end:

Casboult
J. Silvagni
De Koning
B. Silvagni

So let's kill 2 birds with 1 stone, Petrevski-Seton is our small defender and balanced mid rotation.

Small forward and Mid rotation goes to Gibbons

Then our tall utility is Casboult

Which leaves us with:

B: Docherty, Jones, Plowman
HF: Betts, C.Curnow, Fisher
I/C: Walsh, Petrevski-Seton, Gibbons, Casboult

The nice thing about this method, is that once you have made your list, you can then change up the positions as required.

So let's say Weitering gets injured. Next tall defender is Casboult, so J.Silvagni comes in as utility.

Or maybe Gibbons has a purple patch as a small forward.

Cuningham goes onto the bench, and maybe, depending how you rate an alternatives form, out of the side.

Maybe McGovern is out, well you move Charlie to the medium role, Casboult to the key role then Silvagni to the bench.

Etc. so forth

Great work there Blue and Silver - your post should be pinned to the top of each page in this thread since it sets out a logic and rationale for not only list rankings and roles but also a sound logic for who is a logical starter under any circumstances. Well done.

A controversial out in:
1. Simpson and maybe Setterfield ?
2. Martin on wing V HFF?
3. BIG assumption Charlie/Marchbank will be playing in early round(s) I would think?

Great work there Blue and Silver - your post should be pinned to the top of each page in this thread since it sets out a logic and rationale for not only list rankings and roles but also a sound logic for who is a logical starter under any circumstances. Well done.

A controversial out in:
1. Simpson and maybe Setterfield ?
2. Martin on wing V HFF?
3. BIG assumption Charlie/Marchbank will be playing in early round(s) I would think?

Simpson is in a weird place,.Arguably one of our best small defenders, also maybe the fourth.

Martin was a bit of a weird one. It came down to where I saw O'Brien vs Fisher in the starting line up (as they were the choice in either wing or HFF). I leaned Fisher as the more proven player, who will also play balanced mid and maybe Small forward on rotation.

I assumed everyone was fit, drew a line through all draftees.

Form was a bit of a guessing game obviously.

Ellis probably the better footballer but hard to say as one has been in a poor side and one in a top side.

Ellis salary wise is probably getting overpaid and if we got him would have overpaid. Newnes if anything is more than likely getting underpaid.

It's important that when our team matures and we're playing really good footy that we can pinpoint the weak areas we need to address to take the next step. So salary cap management from the start of the rebuild to the first flag is super important.

I think a few clubs have shot themselves in the foot. Collingwood rebuilt by bringing in a heap of talent from other clubs and paying high for top young talent but also just going for best available unlike us who have nailed down talls then mids and defenders and later smaller forwards and outside mids so the team will be complete and mature all around the same time. They got into a grand final without key position players and got done then again fell over lacking quality tall targets up forward and in their final loss it showed. Have filled some holes but now they find themselves in a situation where the salary cap wont allow them to fill the holes. Then there are Essendon who started paying big before they were even near finals.

We're in a good position because we have had order to our rebuild and because we haven't paid heavily in either picks or salary for players yet. It hasn't quite shown yet but the signs are there and when it does it will be glaring.

Not breaking the bank to bring in guys like Ellis and Shiel etc will be why hopefully when we are a top 6 side we also have room in the salary cap to go further rather than being a finals side or near finals side with no way to take the next jump.
Bang on the money Gbatman, our list build should be the blueprint for how to build a list from scratch or close to it, while other sides have a bit here and a bit there and are strong in some areas while having glaring ommisions in others, our list probably has the best balance in terms of strengths in multiple areas and minimal weaknesses.

We have assembled probably the best marking side in the competition and are rarely if ever beaten in the air, along with this we have a plethora of midfield options that are also capable of playing multiple roles, one weakness we might of had was maybe overall leg speed which has now been addressed in the draft just gone, along with a few more class ball users which was also addressed along with natural improvement that will come from the more focussed approach at training on ball use under Teague as opposed to structure overkill under Bolts, I think we already saw how quickly this approach to training can improve ball handling and disposal efficiency
in the second half of last year.

The addition of Betts and Martin should help our scoring and forward half pressure which already really improved in Teagues time in charge and will be a real strength next year.

The return of Doc down back can not be any more of a blessing and I don’t think there is any other player that I would want more down there than Doc, will organise the defence as well as launching our attacks and along with Weitering will have our defence up there with the best in the comp by years end.

Put all of this together along with the fact that our core bunch of players are all there or there abouts in terms of age and we have the list to do it all, as I said other teams have strengths in some areas but are weak in others, we on the other hand shall be strong everywhere and anytime.

In terms of scoring we have both main sources covered with our scores from forward half turnovers already on the rise last year before the additions mentioned above plus a whole pre season refining it and the organisational skills of the Doc with the forward half press should see this avenue of scoring go through the roof, that’s if our tall forwards don’t mark it which should happen on a more regular basis next year anyway.

The other major score source is scores from stoppages this will once again be a major strength of ours with the best clearance player in the competition along with our plethora of up and coming mids to assist we should become the best in the business at this scoring source.

With an ethos of overall team defence running to the core of this team along with our key pillars in Jones and Weitering the above mentioned return of the prodigal son in Doc the sublime talents of young SPS the intercepting talents of Marchbank and the dogged defensive abilities of Plow along with any of Simmo, “Notta” Newman, Willo or numerous others our defensive capabilities should be right up there with the best and have the perfect blend of talents.

We can win it in the air we can win it on the ground we can win it anywhere anytime and that’s what this team will come to represent as that is what we have built with our methodical and time consuming list build, a team for all seasons all weathers all conditions, immovable, indefatigable, unstoppable and Navy Blue Steel to the core.

This to me is Jack Silvagni all over, although not a “small forward” he ticks all the boxes you have listed, led the team for forward 50 tackles, 2nd in goal assists, next best for marks inside 50 after the KP players and his manic pressure and 2nd 3rd and 4th efforts are outstanding, got better as the year went on and the way he is able to now withstand pressure, especially the way he stands up in tackles and takes his time in assessing the best option before firing out a handpass to set up a teammate in space to score a goal, this is elite and it is Elite with a capital E.

Was comfortably our best performed non KP forward last year and should be starting in our forward line in Rd1 imo as he is the benchmark down there for effort and pressure, showed that you don’t have to be small and quick to be a pressure forward you just have to be smart and want it more than the next guy.

I liked Silvagni's season, probably doesn't have the closing speed you'd like to see in a small forward but he makes up for that with smart positioning, clean hands and competitive desire.

I think Silvagni will continue to get better as he gets heavier and stronger. He's already getting good at standing tackles but it'll get better and so will his game.

We've got some good medium forward options. I think McGovern fit is a really good mover, pace to burn. Kennedy was great up forward, leading up at the ball was great and he was good at ground level, brought some real physicality. Busted through tackles and setup goals.

Structure of the forward line will be something that needs deciding. So many options now.

Bang on the money Gbatman, our list build should be the blueprint for how to build a list from scratch or close to it, while other sides have a bit here and a bit there and are strong in some areas while having glaring ommisions in others, our list probably has the best balance in terms of strengths in multiple areas and minimal weaknesses.

We have assembled probably the best marking side in the competition and are rarely if ever beaten in the air, along with this we have a plethora of midfield options that are also capable of playing multiple roles, one weakness we might of had was maybe overall leg speed which has now been addressed in the draft just gone, along with a few more class ball users which was also addressed along with natural improvement that will come from the more focussed approach at training on ball use under Teague as opposed to structure overkill under Bolts, I think we already saw how quickly this approach to training can improve ball handling and disposal efficiency
in the second half of last year.

The addition of Betts and Martin should help our scoring and forward half pressure which already really improved in Teagues time in charge and will be a real strength next year.

The return of Doc down back can not be any more of a blessing and I don’t think there is any other player that I would want more down there than Doc, will organise the defence as well as launching our attacks and along with Weitering will have our defence up there with the best in the comp by years end.

Put all of this together along with the fact that our core bunch of players are all there or there abouts in terms of age and we have the list to do it all, as I said other teams have strengths in some areas but are weak in others, we on the other hand shall be strong everywhere and anytime.

In terms of scoring we have both main sources covered with our scores from forward half turnovers already on the rise last year before the additions mentioned above plus a whole pre season refining it and the organisational skills of the Doc with the forward half press should see this avenue of scoring go through the roof, that’s if our tall forwards don’t mark it which should happen on a more regular basis next year anyway.

The other major score source is scores from stoppages this will once again be a major strength of ours with the best clearance player in the competition along with our plethora of up and coming mids to assist we should become the best in the business at this scoring source.

With an ethos of overall team defence running to the core of this team along with our key pillars in Jones and Weitering the above mentioned return of the prodigal son in Doc the sublime talents of young SPS the intercepting talents of Marchbank and the dogged defensive abilities of Plow along with any of Simmo, “Notta” Newman, Willo or numerous others our defensive capabilities should be right up there with the best and have the perfect blend of talents.

We can win it in the air we can win it on the ground we can win it anywhere anytime and that’s what this team will come to represent as that is what we have built with our methodical and time consuming list build, a team for all seasons all weathers all conditions, immovable, indefatigable, unstoppable and Navy Blue Steel to the core.

Thank you - SoS. Legend list Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back