Prediction 7 premiers for the 20's

Which 7 teams will win a premiership in the next decade?

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast

• GWS

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melboune

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• St.Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

• Other/New team

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How is the Shiel deal working out for you?

Also aside from Papley, name me one deal that SOS/Carlton haven't managed to clear in the past few years, we got our guy in McGovern and fleeced Adelaide for Gibbs.

I would take Silvagni's track record over Dodoro' s any day.
Your club is run by an old lady who was married to a cardboard guy.

Based on 1989 ladder : 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 9th, 11th and a team that didn’t exist would salute. All of the top 5 finishing sides had won their flag within four years of the new decade.

Based on 1999 ladder: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 11th would win flags. Essendon and Brisbane (1st and 3rd) saluted across 2000-2003 window, the lower top eight sides in 2004-2006 and the non-finalists in 2007-2009.

Based on 2009 ladder: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 12th and 15th would win flags. 2nd and 4th would salute immediately, followed by 12th and 9th. 11th and 15th shared three flags between them to finish the decade.

So from this expect the top current four to contend for the first three flags, middle of the road teams to claim the next three or so and well run clubs in the lower reaches to close out the decade?

With that, I’d probably say Richmond, GWS, Collingwood, Brisbane, West Coast, Hawthorn and Carlton are my guesses.

Picked pretty much the same but I swapped Hawthorn for the Doggies, reckon the Doggies have another flag in them.

This current team of West coast are too up themselves a bit like Geelong thinking it will just happen I can't see them winning another Grand final for a very long time. I think Freo will win the next one from the west.

The Tigers are doneski as far as flags go. West Coast will probably win it this year, wouldn't be surprised if Geelong win one soon, Brisbane are an exciting prospect. Then as far as middle of the road teams that have good cultures, I'll pick the Kangas, Adelaide, Essendon and GWS.

Carlton are a well-run club?
Not over the past twenty years but they’re building up the young talent to contend strongly down the line and have resourcing advantages brought about by their traditional size. Much easier to see them or Sydney getting there than a North or St Kilda type.

Not over the past twenty years but they’re building up the young talent to contend strongly down the line and have resourcing advantages brought about by their traditional size. Much easier to see them or Sydney getting there than a North or St Kilda type.
Carlton stink. They'll be at the bottom for another 10 years.

Went, in alphabetical order: Brisbane, GWS, Richmond and West Coast.

And it seems, thus far, I have gone with the majority thinking for once.

This current team of West coast are too up themselves a bit like Geelong thinking it will just happen I can't see them winning another Grand final for a very long time. I think Freo will win the next one from the west.
I considered that about WC and decided they would. All those games at home...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not see Carlton winning one this decade at the rate they're going but nothing is impossible.
Would you vote for the dogs?? Considering we beat you by 40+ under Bolton missing Docherty, Betts, Martin, Newnes, Setterfield and Charlie. Then we followed up with a 3 points loss without Docherty, Betts, Martin, Newnes, Silvagni and Jones. Do you expect us to get worse with Teague and 3 potential AA additions (2 already have achieved it).

Very difficult, but in no particular order my selections are:

Richmond
GWS
Hawthorn
Geelong
Collingwood
West Coast
Sydney

So in other words it won't be too different. But I doubt I'm 100% correct, of course a Melbourne or a Essendon or a St Kilda or a Brisbane will snare one.

Based on past success, WC and Hawks are probably in there. Collingwood to join them in the class of perennial successful clubs once Eddie/Bucks leave.

Richmond to get another this year before dying out.

Bulldogs are building nicely and can probably get one within the next few years.

Last two picks are a crapshoot - Freo to win their first maybe, and someone random like NM to have a freakishly good season out of nowhere.

I think either the Tiger or Eagles will in this year and the Dogs in 2021. After that who knows, but I selected clubs that don't spend too long down and have a track record of notching up flags.

Richmond
West Coast
Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Geelong
Carlton (I assume they'll have to come good at some stage)

I’m surprised WCE have received so many votes. They are the Collingwood of last off-season. Bring in Kelly (Beams) and everything will just fall into place. The fact is both sides are just not on Richmond’s level and they will need a lot more than one overrated midfielder to catch the benchmark of the comp.

The other surprising one was Carlton. Average youth that is currently being carried by their ageing brigade. I hope for their fans’ sake that they eventually deliver some success but in my view it still looks pretty grim.

North Melbourne are definitely one everyone got correct.

Western Bulldogs are one side that everyone is sleeping on. They are have constantly taken it up to Richmond and are a young side stacked with talent. Address their key position talent and they are bound to win one or two more, potentially three.

GWS rightfully received a lot of votes. No one is losing faith after they lost their first attempt at a premiership against a dynasty side. The fact is, no one would’ve beaten Richmond that day. They should not drop their heads. They have a very talented list.

2020: west coast
2021: St Kilda
2022: west coast
2023: St Kilda
2024: brisbane
2025: brisbane
2026: St Kilda
2027: hawthorn
2028: tasmania devils
2029: north melbourne

I’m surprised WCE have received so many votes. They are the Collingwood of last off-season. Bring in Kelly (Beams) and everything will just fall into place. The fact is both sides are just not on Richmond’s level and they will need a lot more than one overrated midfielder to catch the benchmark of the comp.

The other surprising one was Carlton. Average youth that is currently being carried by their ageing brigade. I hope for their fans’ sake that they eventually deliver some success but in my view it still looks pretty grim.

North Melbourne are definitely one everyone got correct.

Western Bulldogs are one side that everyone is sleeping on. They are have constantly taken it up to Richmond and are a young side stacked with talent. Address their key position talent and they are bound to win one or two more, potentially three.

GWS rightfully received a lot of votes. No one is losing faith after they lost their first attempt at a premiership against a dynasty side. The fact is, no one would’ve beaten Richmond that day. They should not drop their heads. They have a very talented list.

You are very biased mate. However you make great points about West Coast, Carlton, North and GWS. I think Bont and the bulldogs are overrated

Back