Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The past is the past. We finished two games ahead of the Swans last year and had 4 rising stars. We’re going in the right direction now. Plenty of people think Boomer should still be on our list, so, that debutant figure could be worse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

John Longmire article on the HS website. Contained this little pearl.

Since 2016, their (Sydney) total number of games by played by debutantes in that time is 709, which is the second-most behind Carlton (747).
The fewest debutant games in that period is at North Melbourne with just 242.

... and Carlton have been flying like a 747... NOT!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, it was the right call.

Yeah ... nah.

Maybe with hindsight.

At the time the club marketed the crap out of him. I knew people who became members for the first time cos of that and haven't been since. We rode him all the way to the bank then dumped him without a word of warning. That's the impression anyway.

It might have ben a good footy dept. decision but was terrible for the esprit de corps and morale of supporters. Especially given the way the season went to s**t.

He should have had one more year simply cos of that.

At the time the club marketed the crap out of him. I knew people who became members for the first time cos of that and haven't been since. We rode him all the way to the bank then dumped him without a word of warning. That's the impression anyway.
That's your impression. Mine was that Boomer got as much from it all personally, and it was a mutual thing. The curtain had to fall sometime, and personally, he seemed to not be working as hard off the ball.

The 'word of warning' came in his multiple one-year contracts and observing what happens to many a footballer, at NMFC, and elsewhere. I think Boomer thought he was immune and so too, it seems, did many supporters.

It might have ben a good footy dept. decision but was terrible for the esprit de corps and morale of supporters. Especially given the way the season went to s**t. He should have had one more year simply cos of that.
Opposite view here. The way 2016 ended was the very reason the quartet needed to go; to make room for a new era. Only Spud, imho, should have played on.

That's your impression. Mine was that Boomer got as much from it all personally, and it was a mutual thing. The curtain had to fall sometime, and personally, he seemed to not be working as hard off the ball.

The 'word of warning' came in his multiple one-year contracts and observing what happens to many a footballer, at NMFC, and elsewhere. I think Boomer thought he was immune and so too, it seems, did many supporters.

Opposite view here. The way 2016 ended was the very reason the quartet needed to go; to make room for a new era. Only Spud, imho, should have played on.
You're wrong and ferball is right.

Do better.

It wasn't just my impression. It was the impression of other people, some new members, who were so upset they stopped buying memberships.

It wasn't just my impression. It was the impression of other people, some new members, who were so upset they stopped buying memberships.
Sure. Just as I'm not alone in mine. 'Assessments' is all they are, as we know ferbs.

Sure. Just as I'm not alone in mine. 'Assessments' is all they are, as we know ferbs.

If we'd kept Boomer then Wells might have stayed and we may have missed LDU in the 2017 draft.

Now I'm happy with where we are at.

And came to terms with bit at the time. I heard the news as I started a 1000 mile drive to Melb. So I made it for his last Melbourne game. Very different vibe the record breaking game a few weeks earlier.

But the facts are we sold him as a vital part of the club then dumped him in a PR nightmare. We gained 5000 new members that year iirc, 12% increase in membership and we lost that many the next year on the back of his sacking.

^Wells was gone regardless of Boomer staying or not. He wanted more $$ and a longer contract than we were willing to give him (with good reason since his body was cooked)

Missed my train so, a quick pot at Y&J.
North Vs Sydney 96 GF last quarter on television will do nicely.

View attachment 824985

Fridge just kicked a goal & we’re up by 38 in the last quarter. Looking go

Just had dinner and watched the last half. I refused to change the channel. They played an uncompromising brand of footy. Oh yeah we also had the king

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^Wells was gone regardless of Boomer staying or not. He wanted more $$ and a longer contract than we were willing to give him (with good reason since his body was cooked)

Your facts have no place in my hypothetical speculation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back