Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 Dragons FFC vs Roys FFC at Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

6Y9JF0f.gif

(Thanks to TheInjuryFactory for the gif)
1582536707625.png
Round 5 sees the return of Rivalry Round, celebrating some of the most intense rivalries in the history of the Sweet FA. From the Foundation Cup clubs the Demons and the Wonders, through to the recent antipathy between the Bombers and the Hawks, the tribalism of the SFA clubs has bred and nurtured some ferocious rivalries.
Dragons FFC vs Roys FFC at Dragon Island (1 March 2020)

The Roys have been around since S3, and have seen many versions of the Dragons come and go. The first known meeting came in S5, as a reborn Dragons club demolished the Roys, with names such as Mobbs, Broken, Ljp86 and Pie 4 Life still prominent today.

First meeting: S5 R7 9/8/05 Dragons 17.7.109 def Roys FC 11.9.75

The Dragons evolved again in S17, changing from Southern Dragons to Dragons FFC, but retained most of their heritage, and the rivalry today is built upon the presence of the enduring legends of the league who populate both teams.

It took until the S19 finals series for these teams to meet in post-season play, with the Roys victorious in what proved to be a Dragons inaugural premiership season. They most recently met in finals in the Roys celebrated second premiership season of S25

Notable matches:

S19 Second Qualifying Final: Roys FFC 17.17 (119) def Dragons FFC 17.5 (107)

S22 First Semi Final: Roys FFC 10.6 (66) lost to Dragons FFC 10.12 (72)

S25 Second Preliminary Final: Roys FFC 18.13 (121) defeated Dragons FFC 12.9 (81)

Ljp86 says:

Dragons FFC vs Roys FFC

Head to Head

Played
: 36 Dragons FFC: 14 Roys FFC: 22

At Dragon Island

Played
: 19 Dragons FFC: 6 Roys FFC: 13

Last Five Matches

Code:
Season/Round Home Team Away Team Ground

S25 2PF Roys FFC 18.13 (121) defeated Dragons FFC 12.9 (81) Brunswick Junction Oval

S26 R02 Dragons FFC 10.9 (69) lost to Roys FFC 13.10 (88) Dragon Island

S26 R13 Roys FFC 16.15 (111) lost to Dragons FFC 19.11 (125) Brunswick Junction Oval

S27 R09 Dragons FFC 18.15 (123) lost to Roys FFC 19.15 (129) Ljp86's Lair

S28 R04 Dragons FFC 15.13 (103) lost to Roys FFC 18.16 (124) Ljp86's Lair

In the Know

• The Roys/Dragons rivalry began after Southern Dragons changed their name to Dragons FFC for Season 17, previously the Roys had been the only club to have "FFC" in their club name.
  • The away team has won 20 of the 36 matches contested between the Dragons and Roys.

Captains to submit teams in the Official Team Sheet Submission thread by 11.59pm Thursday February 27

Some of these stats are clearly wrong - they show the Roys having a higher score than the opponent...

Greetings to all Roys and Dragons, looking forward to renewing our rivalry !!

How did the Roys go last week ? Did i mention we kicked 9 goals in a row in the last quarter to come from 45 points down to win last match.

No - you have not mentioned it yet.....

I think we kicked 4.9 in the second half to lose by 8 points....

Our goal kicking coach in action....

1D4E57D4-79C1-4DF8-A599-CB2FBB8A321A.gif

Hello everyone.
Apparently this game is intents, I for one think that the SFA would have enough money to at least afford us a motel to play this game in.
Tight arses.

Let’s win this one for all of those who’ve come before us Shagons.

Hello Roys. Could someone please explain to me the historical significance of this "rivalry"? Or is this like when they pair off Melbourne/St Kilda and North/Bulldogs in the AFL?

Just realised that it is likely Mobbs will be lining up on Ljp86 , about 900 games of experience right there.
Awwww man.

Hello Roys. Could someone please explain to me the historical significance of this "rivalry"? Or is this like when they pair off Melbourne/St Kilda and North/Bulldogs in the AFL?
It was a travesty that the strong Sharks outfit were to be merged with the struggling Dragons.
There you go. Maybe not a rivalry. But potentially a shitfight!

We also apparently actually do well against the Dragons. Dunno how.

How did the Roys go last week ? Did i mention we kicked 9 goals in a row in the last quarter to come from 45 points down to win last match.
I kicked a goal! We were crap. Or Roys. We were Roys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday Roys. Looking forward to renewing this rivalry we have.

On a second note, whose your fullback? Keen to know who i'm kicking 6 on this week.

Almost.... They have slightly more rivalry than we are discussing here...

Almost.... They have slightly more rivalry than we are discussing here...

Our rivalry is akin to Boca Juniors and Melbourne Heart or the best of all the Bay City Rollers and Pac-Man

Hey JackNah_8 before I left the blowhard oval I stole your collection of half hats.

I gave them to a bunch of jelly wrestlers to cover their lady bits.

Winning

They were the ones we got made in Wuhan, right JackNah_8 ??

If I recall correctly, the public cast a vote on the best looking and/or most talented team in all the Sweet FA. Obviously the Dragons and the Roys were the clear standouts, and hence a rivalry was born.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back