news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok mate..

NBL Championships won in that arena, UFC already been held there before..
Cool. Still never heard it, not sure why you've taken it personally.

It's the brand spanking new arena in the CBD, otherwise known as Perth Arena.

It's where Romero KO'd Rockhold stiff after Rob pulled out.
Feels like it's been around forever now but on checking, 2012.

Regardless, fantastic venue. I've had no complaints across tennis, basketball, and concerts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty keen to see Ngannou decapitate Rozenstruik.
I have no respect at all for Rozenstruik

Holloway Volko 2 & Valentina defending is an excellent start for a ppv card in this country. Wonder if we’ll get anything else decent.

you could not yet rule out the big Rob option but he may not be ready and they may not be prepared to use him in this scenario where they don’t need in order to sell out tickets.

Holloway Volko 2 & Valentina defending is an excellent start for a ppv card in this country. Wonder if we’ll get anything else decent.

you could not yet rule out the big Rob option but he may not be ready and they may not be prepared to use him in this scenario where they don’t need in order to sell out tickets.
Agreed. Plus Hooker said he wants to be on the card.

Volkanovski (C) vs. Holloway
Valentina (C) vs. Calderwood
Hooker (#5) vs. ????

Very solid.

Plus you've got Matthews, Tafa, Crute all coming off career best wins.

Agreed. Plus Hooker said he wants to be on the card.

Volkanovski (C) vs. Holloway
Valentina (C) vs. Calderwood
Hooker (#5) vs. ????

Very solid.

Plus you've got Matthews, Tafa, Crute all coming off career best wins.
Did Hooker? I thought it was Riddell who talked about the Aussie card. You'd expect both him and Kai Kara France to be on there aswell

Plus Tuivasa

Perhaps the UFC feels like they owe Perth one.

Provided Rob’s fit.....his gotta be on that card.
Forgot about Hooker and if by some miracle Izzy takes out Romero quickly next week.....you could do the Costa fight in June.

3 Championship fights!

Biggest UFC event in Australia since 193.

Forgot about Hooker and if by some miracle Izzy takes out Romero quickly next week.....you could do the Costa fight in June.

3 Championship fights!

Biggest UFC event in Australia since 193.
Izzy's star is too big for Australia now. He'll be doing Vegas cards and big ones like that now id think.

Izzy's star is too big for Australia now. He'll be doing Vegas cards and big ones like that now id think.
From here on in I can imagine most of his fights being in Vegas but I think they'll still be open to letting him fight in Australia on PPV.

Australia remains an important international market for the UFC. In recent time it's proven difficult to get high calibre fighters to come out here. You now have one that would be happy to fight all his fights in Aus/NZ.

From here on in I can imagine most of his fights being in Vegas but I think they'll still be open to letting him fight in Australia on PPV.

Australia remains an important international market for the UFC. In recent time it's proven difficult to get high calibre fighters to come out here. You now have one that would be happy to fight all his fights in Aus/NZ.
Izzy would rather headline a fight in Africa than Australia.
Don't think he gives much of a stuff about fighting in oz.

Izzy would rather headline a fight in Africa than Australia.
Don't think he gives much of a stuff about fighting in oz.
Melbourne to NZ is only 3 hours away......beats 15 or more hours flying elsewhere and you could argue Izzy has more fans in Australia than he does in NZ.

It's a balancing act I guess. You gotta find a happy medium in which the UFC & Izzy get what they want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back