Discussion TV Broadcast Graphics - Designs & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly they expected Carlton to wear their clash jumper too. But then the AFL stepped in.

I’m not sure thats the case. They’re using different icons to the AFL ones. Different colour backgrounds, and for AFL its much more zoomed in on a part of the logo, but for AFLW they’re more or less squeezing the whole logo into the box.

I can't believe this. It looks great and I was thinking the current brand is stale so was actually (beginning to) put together a redesign concept based off the US branding/typeface but tweaked to have a cleaner design more like the original FS Australia brands. Alas only got this far:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 1.10.59 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 1.10.59 pm.png
    419.7 KB · Views: 243
I've got a funny feeling that this is just a concept and not actually what FS are going with. I'd be incredibly surprised if a creative agency released the re-brand before the client they're working for.

I've got a funny feeling that this is just a concept and not actually what FS are going with. I'd be incredibly surprised if a creative agency released the re-brand before the client they're working for.
The Premier League re-brand was released in a similar way before it was officially launched. This looks like the real deal.

Was the same Fox Footy scorebug as last years tonight. Unless they are going to change it for home and away. Is this fox sports overhaul legit?

Was the same Fox Footy scorebug as last years tonight. Unless they are going to change it for home and away. Is this fox sports overhaul legit?

Im pretty sure that if they were doing an new graphics package that they would unveil it for the home and away season as opposed to pre season, i think one sign may be that it looked like the supercars used the same graphics package.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last few updates to the fox graphics package have always been rolled out in round 1. The first episode of AFL 360 will also be a giveaway.

Traditionally, the older graphics have always been in place for the Pre-Season games.

Take 2000 for instance.

It had the 1999 graphics in place and, come Richmond vs Melbourne on Wednesday in R1 2000, the new graphics were in place.

In a similar vein, the 2002 Pre-Season Record had the 2000-01 logo on the front and on the contents page.
Likewise the Wizard Cup GF Record.

Round 1 of the 2002 H&A Season, new AFL Record logo.

I reckon its legit, but I don’t know if the scorebug is going to change. Looks more like an evolution of the previous design than a full redo. Seems to be more just the peripheral stuff thats getting a refresh. Hope it does happen, it looks nice.

You’d think the scorebug would change too with the different font

You’d think the scorebug would change too with the different font

There's a precedence set that it might not be the case though.

2017 was a single font (with the triangle scorebug)
2018 was the new scorebug, with a different font to the headlines and other presentation pieces
2019 was the new scorebug, presentation pieces were the same, but SOME headlines still were using the 2017 font.

Round01.jpg

Had a real quick crack at recreating the AFL 2020 FOXFooty graphics with a Round 1 banner for our Game Day threads on the EFC board.

Simple, but gee whiz I like it.

(I know it's a choppy cut job)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back