Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, **** these stupid dumb shit campaigner hippy healer ****s and their ****ing bullshit crystal and onion **** juice cures for every ****ing disease. its about time these shit campaigners got held responsible for the ****ing harm they cause and charged with murder or at least manslaughter for every person who dies using one of their shitty magic medicines instead of going to a ****ing doctor. same goes for religious 'healers'. if a single person dies of corona because they anal beaded some rocks instead of going to the doctor (or caught it from one of these hippy campaigners who didnt isolate cause thats bad for their chakras) these campaigners should be put in jail. it should be illegal to give out anything but vague medical advice for minor conditions like colds.

https://www.whimn.com.au/strength/h...t/news-story/2f0fabf16f2664efc5a31c5b3ef0643e

Where we rely on all of them to do the right thing and self isolate for 14 days

I understand the arguments for and against enforcement of the self isolation rule, but personally I think we should use our police to do random checks and that people should be fined and even jailed for non compliance, and if required the Federal Government should do it if States cannot agree.

No it would not be over if we locked down two weeks ago.

If you accept that a total lockdown is not sustainable, then you could accept that perhaps they are monitoring the growth and spread of the virus in line with the resources in the hospitals.
Never did I say it would be over. But we'd be in a much better spot. I don't see a way we avoid lockdown with the current growth rate. Why not be proactive and get ahead? Reduce the new cases each day, because right now each day there are more new cases than the day before.

Never did I say it would be over. But we'd be in a much better spot. I don't see a way we avoid lockdown with the current growth rate. Why not be proactive and get ahead? Reduce the new cases each day, because right now each day there are more new cases than the day before.

Either by today or tomorrow (and with no current flattening of the curve) will be recording 3,000 deaths per day worldwide.

The flu kills between 800 to 1,800 people per day worldwide and that's without the lockdown. So those numbers should drop as isolation happens and this year Covid-19 substitutes itself to be the cause of death.

If this is just a flu... I hate to see what a real pandemic would do.

I understand the arguments for and against enforcement of the self isolation rule, but personally I think we should use our police to do random checks and that people should be fined and even jailed for non compliance, and if required the Federal Government should do it if States cannot agree.
Im still seeing speed cameras on the road.... As if catching people speeding is the priority for our police force right now. They absolutely should be getting a list of people who have to self isolate and making sure they all comply.

Can we stop this? While I pretty much agree with you, and I've been guilty of it myself, it's actually not helping the situation here.

Everyone needs to concern their efforts here in Australia and we will have plenty of time to deal with that when the dust settles.

The only thing I'm concerned with China is that they haven't been transparent and contained the virus and so I would implore the governments of the world to keep the travel ban on China until we have more information.

That said, positing stuff like this on this forum just creates a division of posting we're virtually nobody listens to each other anyway, clogging the thread with needles arguments.

It's his view to express and he is free to do it, just like you are Roby.

Im still seeing speed cameras on the road.... As if catching people speeding is the priority for our police force right now. They absolutely should be getting a list of people who have to self isolate and making sure they all comply.

It doesn't occupy much resources to set up a speed camera and besides society being the way it is now is still not an excuse for breaking road rules.

The AFL continuance question? Yes it will return, without a doubt, and maybe a late late season restart, if any teams are really hurt by financial situations we may actually get back some semblance of sanity in our competition and a true non-diluted quality football, and maybe even a change of administration, I would love to see 16 teams again. I'm serious , the AFL has pulled the plug out of the game with its additions and rule messing up.

You would add about one hundred elite footballers to the 16 team playing lists, if GC17 and GWS were not here. Sorry to those clubs most people who follow footy seriously know that you were both a bad idea, and you can go back to Dimetriou and North Melbourne and Footscray for the answer to that.
16 TEAMS SHOULD STILL BE A PRIORITY.
And if ever anything positive can come from this world wide tragedy COVID19 we are going through all in lockdown, then some total rethinking might put our one and only Australian Rules Football tradition back to what it should be, and what it was.
The corporate money may die off, but the football is always there, and wasting money on extended numbers was a bad idea in the first place, let alone how it is now, two bleeders tacked onto our competition, one makes a GF with help, from its inception, and kicks 3 goals!!!!!

Well, that's not GWS's fault.

That was the fault of expansion and the worst football season 2019, I and many I talk to, have seen.

So now if and when we get through this time, we should be looking at a step back, to quality, and real football!

GC to go and Dogs and North are the obvious merger... Similar colours, perfect geographically and ideal in terms of financial strength and support, the North West Dogs could become a super club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. We should all look the oranges of this virus.

Australia should call it Trump flu with the US our leading source of infection. Going down to zero my arse!

And who was the leading source of infection for the US? I'm guessing it was China like it was for Italy and many other countries.

Boys and girls the footys back! Geelong v St Kilda R14 2009 From the Vault 730pm Friday 7Mate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In WA we're getting a replay of the 2018 GF between West Coast and Collingwood, would much rather watch a replay of the Geelong v St Kilda game.

Hey, I know Sally!

What are customs supposed to do? Give them free access to the country without checks and procedures?

Perhaps the passengers themselves who are still criss-crossing the world can give themselves the required space. Were they seated next each other on a plane?

I'm surprised they're still able to get in to be honest. Consider themselves lucky.

Incorrect. Tell me, because you're obviously an expert, how many people do you expect not to die if they do what you want vs how many will die if the government keeps a somewhat balanced approach. Also, how do you plan to deal with the unprecedented economic fall out with a sky high unemployment rate and decimated small businesses amongst other things in 6-12 months? Please enlighten me. And while you're at it, why don't you tell everyone what your job is? Is it secure?

Given you asked that poster for their figures, how about you provide some of your own estimates for unemployment, inflation, CCI and market indexes should Australia go into lockdown compared to if they don’t?

I’m not sure there is evidence that just going about business as usual won’t lead to even greater economic disaster. Perhaps Australia vs NZ could be a good test case for future generations on how to handle/mishandle an epidemic.

Don’t want our hospitals filled up with clowns crashing while speeding either.

Unfortunately with the public announcement that the WA government will no longer operate booze buses I suspect the incidences of drink driving have climbed.

Same as the dude at the cafe, come to think of it same as me and a buch of relatives.
Goodluck mate. Hopefully you can afford to stay afloat as long as possible, especially after your membership "donation" 😉

I'm confused how this is supposed to be reassuring.

Other than the higher over 65 percentage, all of the above can occur, and are occurring elsewhere.
Italy was hit earlier, and their system overwhelmed earlier.

New York heading into this phase.
NSW is still a week away; the rest of Aus another 1-2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back