Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bus driver came back from the US and worked about eight days before falling ill and testing positive for COVID-19.

They have released the routes he drove.

The key thing to remember is he arrived back home from before the self isolation rules were imposed.
My 80 year old mother took 2 of those routes, twice, while he was working. Fortunately never got on his bus. And she was going for medical appointments, not sight seeing for those wondering why she was on a bus. And I am not in the same city for those wondering why I didn't take her.

So correct. Some media hare hypeventilating as if there is a cure. This can not be stopped but it can be slowed - thats our best and only strategy. The modeling is really about timing to optimise the flattening.
Slow it until we have herd immunity, and it turns into a new strain of cold, just one that can kill you. If we get a vaccine before then, all the better. But plans cannot be based on the idea a vaccine will inevitable come, because it may not.

Slow it until we have herd immunity, and it turns into a new strain of cold, just one that can kill you. If we get a vaccine before then, all the better. But plans cannot be based on the idea a vaccine will inevitable come, because it may not.
Wouldn't be relying on herd immunity either. Simply have to avoid the proverbial train smash in our hospitals if we don't slow the spread

In Wa we’ve decided to reduce the numbers until we know exactly who has it , isolate them, then go about our business until the rest of the world sorts it’s s**t out. Should be the plan for every state, so keep the * out. 🤞
edit, you’ll all have to start following the WAFL.

You made a specific claim that Wuhan coming out of lockdown was causing a new epidemic. I called you on it.

So either provide evidence that your claim wasn't a falsehood or go away.

lol I don't think wuhan is out of lockdown yet April 8 is the date

Read the line again ...

I don't care what lame arse reason people want to hide behind. It is transparent. There is simply nowhere to hide. You're outing yourselves.”

Now think for a moment; is that a generic statement, or something directed at you personally?

You joined a discussion that arose from this post -

Wuhan Virus ... China Corona Virus ... Chayna Virus ... CCP Virus ... Even the name is mutating.”

Perhaps you didn’t realise the full context of the discussion, idk, but if you’re only talking about the term Wuhan virus, then you’re having a different discussion to the one you chimed in on.
I totally failed to see the generalised ‘you’ so I do apologise for misunderstanding.

I think I’m understanding your position now. Are you saying that the changing of the name from Wuhan virus to CCP etc. is indicative of racism? If so, then I can see how this may be the case. I personally would still clarify a person’s intention though.

US figures are fake to, perhaps more so than Chinas. I have seen reports from Drs in New York that they are getting lots of people coming in for tests, that have all the symptoms of the disease, but do not require hospitalisation. They are being sent home to self isolate, without getting tested.

So, the death rate is going to start to skyrocket in NY, as they restrict testing to the really sick, meanwhile there are a shitload of people, hopefully self isolating, who almost certainly have it, but who are not counted in the stats.
So same as here then all fake numbers

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

But they are not in Italy and our numbers are bugger all
Whatever happened to thoroughness over negligence though?
That’s in line with current testing criteria. Unless you’re showing symptoms, no test.
I’d personally change that criteria for anyone on that cruise ship though. I see it as high risk if there were people onboard that tested positive to COVID-19

This was just mentioned on TV. What they said was Australia first 1000 reported cases were almost all community cases, people still walking around not all that sick. The first 1000 cases Italy tested were mostly already critically ill ICU.

This means we arent a week behind Italy, but much longer, and Australians dont have some mystical immunity to coronavirus.

Yeah I also think people get slightly too stuck on the confirmed cases number. I think everybody agrees on one point China, U.S, Europe just plain don't have the medical capability to even come close to correctly tracking highly accurate numbers.

As we know symptoms for most 80% are going to be mild. Huge shortage of test kits....

And for mild coronavirus symptoms the recovery is going to be isolation. And your cure if positive test and not critically ill is guess what isolation.

The underlying number of people around the world that would of had coronavirus and not know could be enormous.

And I think that's what all these models are suggesting will happen over a long period of time. It's not like we beat the "flu" it continues to kill lots every year. And it mutates and changes itself. So a new "vaccine" needs to be created every year.

And basically everyone gets it once every two years maybe sometimes just a runny nose other times it could put you down for a day.

So it's the fear of the unknown with no vaccine really.

We already see it at weddings 10-20 people infected. 14 day incubation period so its damn scary from a world perspective Australians need to strap in because we haven't even hit anywhere near the peak yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I'd just rather show up to work everyday and keep getting paid.

If I die I die. Getting fired now may ruin many years of my life moving forward.

Not sure if this is a joke or not but I will give one example.

I work with a 58 year old who has cancer and kidney problems. He is on the home stretch, I don't want to speed that process up by transmitting something I don't know I have.

People have grandparents & coronavirus for people with multiple ailments can put them in ICU.

Your job is to sit on the couch

Don’t overrate yourself here. Those who solely blame the CCP for the outbreak of this virus here aren’t really thinking, as much as feeling. A thinking person would understand that the factors involved are multivariate and would seek to understand as many as possible.
There should be no deflecting blame to China. Yes the virus Emirates from there and they were totally out of order hiding the truth.
Regardless, govts had time to act. And attitudes displayed by Trump and Johnson early doors are abhorrent and they have s**t themselves in the foot.
Here in Australia we have indecisive mixed messages which we cannot get our heads around.
On Sunday Morrison implores first hair cuts to be no longer than 30 minutes, max. And if you could be quicker fo so with haste. A couple of days later and that is out the window! Stay for a cuppa now! How can such importance advice be discarded at a whim?
These actions aren’t China’s nor are they their decisions.
Rightly or wrongly we need to work with China now. Not cause divide.

Wog was a nickname for a virus or bug, before it was used as a derogatory term.

Like most things we got it from the British. That's what they used to call Indians for slang in the early 1900's.

Allegedly aussie soldiers brought it back here and applied to immigrants Greek, Italian, Lebanese and so on.

And we turned it into an ailment or illness somehow 😂👍

oi oi oi

I’d personally change that criteria for anyone on that cruise ship though. I see it as high risk if there were people onboard that tested positive to COVID-19
NSW Health department made a poor judgement. I cannot see much point in a whitch hunt through. That incident with the boat aside it has been pretty good. It has been addressed nationally.
Also States have stepped up police involvement as well which is a positive.
I see our biggest problem being the limitations of federalism and our constitution. Sadly we dont like change in this area as an electorate.

NSW Health department made a poor judgement. I cannot see much point in a whitch hunt through. That incident with the boat aside it has been pretty good. It has been addressed nationally.
Also States have stepped up police involvement as well which is a positive.
I see our biggest problem being the limitations of federalism and our constitution. Sadly we dont like change in this area as an electorate.

it wasn't poor judgment it was a catastrophically faulty action.

This is another link, with appropriate timelines of the Chinese Communist Party's numerous failings, clearly setting out China's culpability for the covid-19 pandemic & financial disaster around the world.

The CCP has long known of the extreme health dangers of China's horrific wet live animal markets.

China must pay FULL compensation for all the deaths around the world, & also for the massive financial damage it has inflicted on the world.

The CCP publicly protested when Australia (& I assume other countries concurrently) closed its borders to persons coming from China. It was prepared for its citizens, & travellers from China returning to their home countries, to continue to spread covid-19 outside of China- with all the fatal & catastrophic consequences!

My understanding is that China is not including in its official covid-19 statistics those persons in China who test positive for covid-19- but don't display any symptoms. I haven't read all this thread- has anyone here posted a link confirming this?

Or they could cut all media within the country and say the U.S planted it in Wuhan so actually the Americans are responsible 😂😂😂😂

World communist superpowers what are you going to do.

It was a week ass decision by a weak ass authority imo.Unfortumatly nationaly that weak ass lot has the numbers to govern.
Now in Perth we have two international cruise ships full of international coronavirus cases from Europe waiting for soft touch Australia to take them in.The WA premier is refusing entry and requesting the Australian navy piss them off but the federal government is not responding possibly fearing an international bad look though no other country wants them.WA premier Mark McGowan has suggested they * of back to Italy were the idiots came from and I support him on that.

It was a week ass decision by a weak ass authority imo.Unfortumatly nationaly that weak ass lot has the numbers to govern.
Now in Perth we have two international cruise ships full of international coronavirus cases from Europe waiting for soft touch Australia to take them in.The WA premier is refusing entry and requesting the Australian navy piss them off but the federal government is not responding possibly fearing an international bad look though no other country wants them.WA premier Mark McGowan has suggested they fu** of back to Italy were the idiots came from and I support him on that.
Yep. Ask for forgiveness later.

Interestingly according to this article, UK has ordered 3.5m home Covid-19 test kits!! Our Government seems to work in thousands not millions :(

Anyway, if these become readily available seems the best was fwd to me is to go into total lockdown for 2 weeks and then whoever has tested negative gets to go about their business again!
Sounds draconian but maybe some sort of wrist band you wear to show you've tested negative? Eg. a cafe owner who has tested negative could then re-open and know that his customers has also all tested negative.

Yep. Ask for forgiveness later.
They should forgive us definetly.We are a state of 2.5 million right on the edge of a coronavirus disaster and these european ass holes are doing there best to * us up.

Our numbers in WA are getting hammered right now by cruise ship passengers.Over 50 in the last three days its unbelievable how stupid these cruise ship people are.People are losing jobs the state is flat out keeping numbers down and cruise ship passengers are taking up resourses pushing up numbers and ******* up everyones efforts.I would put them all in very deep mine shafts for four weeks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back