Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requoting - worth the read.

Anyone on social media should throw some kudos Rohan's way.

I don't know when football and the associated media changed from wanting to pummel another team on a given day to pissing contests about membership numbers and supporters hoping other clubs go under.

I thought Eddie shut it down pretty quick. I'm paraphrasing but
CW: talk about playing the woman!
EM: oh come on Caro it's not a gender thing
CW: well I'm not going to say "playing the man"
EM: so say " playing the person" then.

I never thought I would ever have to defend Eddie bloody McGuire of all people when it came to a power dynamic, but she was actually pretty condescending towards him considering he has been given the role of hosting the program.

I don't know when football and the associated media changed from wanting to pummel another team on a given day to pissing contests about membership numbers and supporters hoping other clubs go under.

You have to cut & paste the image for me to see it.

Roco cut me off for calling him out on his non footy related politics.

Gosh Marc McGowan is a Caro brown nosing acolyte.

Lost a lot of respect for him tbh.

The North hatred is in Carows DNA. Started way back with her old man in charge at Richmond in the 70's and their attack on Keith Greigs Brownlow. Then Richmond led the move to stop a North-Fitzroy merger.
While all this was happening North won 4 premierships and Richmond at a point in time almost went under. Richmond, Essendon, and Collingwood find it hard to cope with the resilience of North.
Despite the real facts about club viability, Carow gives a pass for StKilda, Bulldogs, Demons, GC, and GWS ahead of North Melbourne.
It's so obvious it's a joke.

Yep good call KC.

Love the fact RC has used USC’s comments on Shitty Classified to highlight the gulf being created between the old school Jurno’s who absolutely love the fabric of the game and Jabba the Hutch’s clickbait posse.

Everyone can see that fat Jabba’s posse is more scripted than the WWF and their ‘reporting’ is to generate as much negativity as possible just so fat Jabba can buy his next boat.

One good thing that comes out of the clickbait they generate is the exposure Mazda receives whenever one of their articles regarding relocation hit the socials.. inevitably it’s a photo of one of our players thats under the headline so indirectly fat Jabba’s posse is actually making us stronger by securing our major sponsors!!

I've missed all of this because I don't watch talking footy, or whatever its called that she's on, because she is on it, and I don't listen to 3AW because any station that chooses to have her on and voice her opinions, is not a station to listen to.

So I found out this morning when my sister, a lifelong Geelong supporter and member, left an enraged message on my phone, about how appalling Wilson is and so outraged was she, that she rang our Club and bought a 3 game membership. I suspect whoever took her call would have heard a few words spoken about Wilson, which would not have been complimentary.

I do have an alternative view to most on this matter, and I do believe there is one club that should be relocated to Tasmania, and I say this because this is a club that would be successful over there.

Lots of money, have won a couple of flags recently, would have huge numbers travelling to see them, would help turn around the fortunes of the airlines and the TT line, or whatever its called and would remove a large number of flogs from the streets of Melbourne.

Lets relocate RICHMOND to Tassie I say.

................and WE facilitate it by paying attention and buying the products in the break.

Do you want to seriously put the skids under her? I mean SERIOUSLY?!

Just start sending complaint letters to the companies that pay for advertising in her time slot, telling them you won't be purchasing their products.

If 300 people put in an orchestrated effort focusing on this, then she would become extinct.
You're in the wrong century - they'll just look at the clicks and views. It's not about being right anymore.

North Melbourne club banner

“Excellent morale boosting first-up win. If you are off your game an inch they will beat you. Honest but not quite good enough.”

Jy Simpkin Ben Cunnington North Melbourne

Gosh Marc McGowan is a Caro brown nosing acolyte.

Lost a lot of respect for him tbh.
Yep. Waste of talent
Suspect he's been told the earnest and interesting stuff he writes doesn't get the same clicks as his colleagues.
Probably got the 'you got kids now' 'food on the table' spill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've missed all of this because I don't watch talking footy, or whatever its called that she's on, because she is on it, and I don't listen to 3AW because any station that chooses to have her on and voice her opinions, is not a station to listen to.

So I found out this morning when my sister, a lifelong Geelong supporter and member, left an enraged message on my phone, about how appalling Wilson is and so outraged was she, that she rang our Club and bought a 3 game membership. I suspect whoever took her call would have heard a few words spoken about Wilson, which would not have been complimentary.

I do have an alternative view to most on this matter, and I do believe there is one club that should be relocated to Tasmania, and I say this because this is a club that would be successful over there.

Lots of money, have won a couple of flags recently, would have huge numbers travelling to see them, would help turn around the fortunes of the airlines and the TT line, or whatever its called and would remove a large number of flogs from the streets of Melbourne.

Lets relocate RICHMOND to Tassie I say.

This sister " single " Horry ?

( a.f.a.f 😉 )

View attachment 851066

WTF haha?

Wallace now won’t ever forgive our supporters for calling him out on his bullshit.

dumb as fu**.
Played like rock stars?

Maybe the kind of rock stars who shot up smack half way through the gig, then ended up shitting themselves in the corner while nodding off.

The Saints were decent in the first half. But i think it’s fair to say that their dominance was more down to our players being putrid rather than any brilliance on their part.

Wallace is in total denial. To describe us as “honest” and St Kilda as “superstars” is utterly bizarre.

In the past people have tried the “honest, blue collar, missing X Factor” etc. Maybe when our midfield was primarily Swallow, Cunnington, Ziebell, Greenwood and Gibson on the wing, this was somewhat fair. However, it hasn’t been true for a long time. It is increasingly falser each year.

Goldstein, Cunnington, Higgins and Simpkin is one of the more classy and exciting centre square combos in the comp. If media people continue running this line, by the end of this season they’ll lose all credibility.

The Saints were decent in the first half. But i think it’s fair to say that their dominance was more down to our players being putrid rather than any brilliance on their part.

Wallace is in total denial. To describe us as “honest” and St Kilda as “superstars” is utterly bizarre.

In the past people have tried the “honest, blue collar, missing X Factor” etc. Maybe when our midfield was primarily Swallow, Cunnington, Ziebell, Greenwood and Gibson on the wing, this was somewhat fair. However, it hasn’t been true for a long time. It is increasingly falser each year.

Goldstein, Cunnington, Higgins and Simpkin is one of the more classy and exciting centre square combos in the comp. If media people continue running this line, by the end of this season they’ll lose all credibility.
He called them "rockstars" not "superstars" and I don't think he meant rockstars in a complimentary way

We’ll never be a good team for him.

What he doesn’t realise is that it’s our style that puts other teams ‘off their game by an inch’.
It ain’t an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back