Footyology podcast 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you and Brian Mannix still on Kevin Hillier's show on RSN ?
No. Spewin'. I assume that's because there's less horse racing

EUWSwsiU0AUbQlQ

I would like a journalist's opinion on the closure of the Google News Archive. Officially it was down to royalties Google wouldn't pay or something like that; I reckon the authorities, in particular justice systems everywhere, hated it as suddenly a lot of peoples' past were able to be laid bare...I know I spent Sundays doing searches on people I knew whom I thought had left dodgy entrails...irony is all the content is still there but without a search function it is useless

Hi folks,

Hope you're all staying safe and well. The podcast continues (in albeit changed surrounds) me at home this week, Finey pushing the buttons in the studio. Not the greatest set-up admittedly, but at least we're getting something out. This week we talk the AFL's season plans, and ask is it a season actually worth having? Life Hacks goes in some interesting directions, and Vinyl & Video goes all the way back to 1967. Check it out.

Cheers,
Rohan

Hi folks,

Hope you're all staying safe and well. The podcast continues (in albeit changed surrounds) me at home this week, Finey pushing the buttons in the studio. Not the greatest set-up admittedly, but at least we're getting something out. This week we talk the AFL's season plans, and ask is it a season actually worth having? Life Hacks goes in some interesting directions, and Vinyl & Video goes all the way back to 1967. Check it out.

Cheers,
Rohan

Finey got it wrong! That Cool Hand Luke clip is the opening to Civil War by Guns N' Roses not November Rain!

and...

Hi folks,

Strange days, hey? But you can still count on a weekly FOOTYOLOGY PODCAST! In our latest episode, we talk the logistics of AFL footy hubs, ponder some wacky suggestions from high-profile footy identities, recommend some great documentaries on Netflix, while "Vinyl & Video" heads back to 1979 in the world of music, movies and TV. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
Rohan

Enjoying the podcast but a little disappointing there was no mention of this 1979 ELO classic "Don't Bring Me Down Bruce".

It was an appropriate song for us St Kilda supporters when Josh Bruce sprayed one wide from close range, thankfully he is the Western Bulldogs problem now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What gang where you part of then Rohan?

The "East Malvern Boys". Nobody messed with us unless they wanted a particularly bad Chinese burn or worse, a wedgie. BTW, I know it looks like I have a mullet there, but pretty sure it's just a shadow. Can't be 100pc sure though, too long ago, and I did do some pretty stupid stuff with my hair back in those days.

What gang where you part of then Rohan?

Incidentally, seeing you guys dragged that pic out, only fair that I post one of my Footyology co-host from long ago, though a bit later than mine. This is from Ch10 news report on St Kilda's last game at Moorabbin in 1992. Finey was 27 and had hair!

finey.JPG

The "East Malvern Boys". Nobody messed with us unless they wanted a particularly bad Chinese burn or worse, a wedgie. BTW, I know it looks like I have a mullet there, but pretty sure it's just a shadow. Can't be 100pc sure though, too long ago, and I did do some pretty stupid stuff with my hair back in those days.
did you have a rats tail?

The Grant Thomas/St Kilda talk was interesting.

Idk about St Kilda being more successful had they continued with Thomas than they were under Lyon. I reckon with someone like Thomas, you'd get tired of his s**t after a while. Lyon left St kilda, then was sacked by Fremantle, with the players still being interested.

I thought Thomas lack of interest in a ruckman was brought on by himself, and that that reputation occurred after the interest in Dean Cox?

I'm still disappointed that my awesome find of the "Beva Photos" from 1986 barely got any notice a couple of years ago. :D
These are from a Christmas fluff-piece in the last ever Saturday Sun, before the paper amalgamated with the Herald.

l4NKGOm.jpg

R4ULGR1.jpg

Hi guys (and girls),

We've just recorded our latest episode. This week, we chat about Lachie Hunter's situation plus a whole season potentially played before no crowds. Is it worth having at all? There's some interesting subject matter in "Life Hacks", "Vinyl & Video" heads back to 2011, and we rant ourselves silly! Join the iso party everyone!

Cheers,
Rohan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back