Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming from the bloke who thinks there's an average of 8 stars at every club.
Have you actually posted about the game in this thread? Literally every post I see is you arguing about something that isn't directly related to the game.

Have you even got it?

Not sure if anyone has also worked this out; but in career coaching mode you can sign free agents and then on trade them straight away! Looool!

Just signed Pendles, JJK, Hawkins, Nic Nat as free agents, who I will most likely keep and then sign and trade the rest to snag the #1 pick - all after winning the flag. Haha!

Oh, and GC were somehow so keen to trade for Josh Honey in return for Rowell. I then traded Polson for Noah Anderson. Super fair deal! Haha! What are Wicked Witch doing?

Bought a switch today and craving a sports game because of coronavirus.

Any suggestions on whether I should get Cricket 19 for $40 or this for $80? Is it worth waiting for a few more patches first or is it worth it to get my footy fix?
Where is it $40?

Oh, and GC were somehow so keen to trade for Josh Honey in return for Rowell. I then traded Polson for Noah Anderson. Super fair deal! Haha! What are Wicked Witch doing?

To be fair to WW, Gold Coast do dumb s**t like that every year.

My favourite, as an Eagles supporter, is this doozy:

THE TRADE

WEST COAST receives...

2017 draft: 21 (Oscar Allen), 26 (Liam Ryan), 37 (Jack Petrucelle)

2018 draft: 20 (GC’s second-round pick)

GOLD COAST receives...

2017 draft: 50 (Brayden Crossley)
2018 draft: 18 (WC’s first-round pick)

Crossley's main claim to fame:

On the 25th of May 2019, Crossley tested positive to cocaine by ASADA on a match day ahead of a NEAFL game between Gold Coast Suns and the Sydney Swans, in which he played in a kicked two goals.

On August the 8th, the news broke and Crossley now faces a ban of up to four-years under the Australian Football Anti-Doping Code

Oh, and the nickname "Goober" :)

Not sure if anyone has also worked this out; but in career coaching mode you can sign free agents and then on trade them straight away! Looool!

Just signed Pendles, JJK, Hawkins, Nic Nat as free agents, who I will most likely keep and then sign and trade the rest to snag the #1 pick - all after winning the flag. Haha!

For the Rowell and Anderson trades, I'm pretty sure it's based on player overall. So as they aren't rated as highly as they should be in this game you can trade for them easier. For example I made Rowell around a 77 before starting my career mode, and he was basically untouchable in trading.

I always find this intense talk about player ratings interesting. Maybe it's just that people get defensive over their own players. The scales are always arbitrary. Even if we think that a superstar should be 90+, a very good player 80+, just because the game does not reflect these numbers does not mean it doesn't differentiate the players.

Same. I've never really cared that much. The arguments over players' overall ratings are largely irrelevant because an overall rating is just an average of a player's individual stats, of which we have no idea how the categories are rated.

Should a Taylor Walker (Elite kicking accuracy and distance, average mark, below average tackling and speed) be rated higher than a Luke Brown (Great kick accuracy, great tackling, good speed, average mark, average kicking distance)? It's hard to find deficiencies in Luke Brown's game, but he's not elite. Walker is elite in some categories but has clear deficiencies in others.

Same. I've never really cared that much. The arguments over players' overall ratings are largely irrelevant because an overall rating is just an average of a player's individual stats, of which we have no idea how the categories are rated.

Should a Taylor Walker (Elite kicking accuracy and distance, average mark, below average tackling and speed) be rated higher than a Luke Brown (Great kick accuracy, great tackling, good speed, average mark, average kicking distance)? It's hard to find deficiencies in Luke Brown's game, but he's not elite. Walker is elite in some categories but has clear deficiencies in others.

Yep, exactly.

Also is really an "average" a fair way to define how good a player is?

Think back to West Coast circa 2005/6.

Adam Hunter, a utility, probably would have a higher average rating across all possible skills and positions than say Daniel Kerr, who was an amazing midfielder but no good anywhere else, or marking or spoiling etc.

Maybe cricket is an easier way to think about it. Add up Mitch Marsh's skills...an average batsman and average bowler, but does make him as good as David Warner, a superb batsman who doesn't bowl?

Also the database doesn't have much depth to it. Pickett from Melbourne, for example, has an overall rating that's probably fair for a new draftee of his experience, but at least give him high speed.

To be fair to WW, Gold Coast do dumb s**t like that every year.

My favourite, as an Eagles supporter, is this doozy:

THE TRADE

WEST COAST receives...

2017 draft: 21 (Oscar Allen), 26 (Liam Ryan), 37 (Jack Petrucelle)

2018 draft: 20 (GC’s second-round pick)

GOLD COAST receives...

2017 draft: 50 (Brayden Crossley)
2018 draft: 18 (WC’s first-round pick)

Crossley's main claim to fame:

Oh, and the nickname "Goober" :)
West Coast should be arrested for rape after that one!

As should Freo after their Pick 2 for Lachie Weller trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just played online and the dude I was versing was up by 6 and quit the game but he gets the win? how does that even work? is it a glitch?

How good will it be if all the bugs we've identified are resolved?
I will be happy if they fix 80% of them.
Most so far have not been enough to stop me enjoying the general game play from moment to moment but could potentially spoil time invested into coach career mode deep into seasons if I really want to get into it.

The trading bugs, injury bugs, ladder bugs , ruck bugs etc need fixing first imo.

Just played my first game (online) since I did the 'Evo data update'. The game was horribly slow, and not in a lagging kind of way. My players felt like they were moving in mud (my mate said similar, he was the one I was playing). Never felt the game this clunky and rigid until I did the update.

Also, I played as the '2019 All-Australian team', which features Lance Franklin, Alex Rance and Shane Edwards.

The trading bugs, injury bugs, ladder bugs , ruck bugs etc need fixing first imo.
Partially agree.
I’m not starting a career until a patch (in case you need to start a fresh career to get the fixes when they arrive).

however I still think gameplay and control bugs should be higher priority. (Like Frame rate issues...and fixing directional player lock using R1+Right Stick).

Partially agree.
I’m not starting a career until a patch (in case you need to start a fresh career to get the fixes when they arrive).

however I still think gameplay and control bugs should be higher priority. (Like Frame rate issues...and fixing directional player lock using R1+Right Stick).
I am in coaching career mode but I more testing it out as I still learn how to control things like marking, hitouts etc etc,

but later on when master those the career and season stuff better be done right in terms of management with attention to detail or it is stupid for them to have even attempted it if they not willing do the management simulation part of game justice.
Until I hear that stuff is fixed will not go onto another coaching season or start trading until I heard they fixed those bugs relevant to it.
Whilst I waiting I might make up some custom players from past for when most bugs are sorted out.

I will be happy if they fix 80% of them.
Most so far have not been enough to stop me enjoying the general game play from moment to moment but could potentially spoil time invested into coach career mode deep into seasons if I really want to get into it.

I'm sure BigAntStudios will be able to provide far more than I can but...

Bugs will be ranked on some sort of scale depending on how game-breaking they are. Do they stop progression in the game (e.g. a crash)? Does the AI somehow break the rules (e.g. out of bounds called when the ball goes through for a goal)? And so on. All bugs are also ranked on how easy they are to fix. Something like the BOMBRES error is probably a really easy fix. These are then worked towards a deadline so some bigger bugs (like trading bugs) may be really hard to fix so won't make the next patch but something that seems insignificant (BOMBRES) gets fixed. This causes the masses to scream "Why did you fix the spelling of BOMBERS when it means nothing to gameplay but left me with players smothering a set shot???"

Killing bugs is a fine art. Not every bug will be killed and bugs will arise from the patches. There's no doubt about that. It's a matter of minimising what you can and hopefully taking out game-breakers and possibly living with the cosmetic bugs.

I'm sure BigAntStudios will be able to provide far more than I can but...

Bugs will be ranked on some sort of scale depending on how game-breaking they are. Do they stop progression in the game (e.g. a crash)?
Exactly, and in a season mode or career mode clearly ladders , trading and injury bugs are non-negotiable. No point even having such modes if fundamentals aspects of them have bugs. They need to be priorities for that too, They are more than game breaking, they are mode breaking if they cannot be done properly.

Exactly, and in a season mode or career mode clearly ladders , trading and injury bugs are non-negotiable. No point even having such modes if fundamentals aspects of them have bugs. They need to be priorities for that too, They are more than game breaking, they are mode breaking if they cannot be done properly.

Yeah, I agree. The problem is they may be far harder to fix than the deadline for the first patch allows.

So long as there is adequate communication if this is the fact I can live with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back