News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to find some info but I’m not having much luck, was wondering if someone could help me out?

Can anyone go and get tested for COVID19 or are they still just testing people with symptoms?

(in Victoria)

Yes, you can get tested and the more people who do the better. Ring the covid-9 hotline, which you will find from the link below and you should be able to organise a test at a site convenient to you.

I rang last Thursday, registered and was tested last Friday morning. Results back yesterday as negative. I got tested becuase I had a few mild symptoms early in February.

I think it is important for as many people as possible to get tested (if only to experience the discomfort) as the recent tests have unearthed 30 positive cases. Those people were in the main walking around unaware they had it and these are the people who pose a risk to everyone of spreading it.

That number is very small and certainly very encouraging that the virus has not really got into the community to more than a small extent.

However, if we extrapolate that out to Melbourne's 5M population, a sample of around 150000 people converts to around 1000 people across surburbia. 1000 people have the capacity on average to infect another 3 people each so that could become 3000 extra infected fairly quickly. Not quite like in the Mallee, in a mouse plague but still a worry.

1589247552766.png

I doubt if it will have moved much into rural areas, however there has been a recent positive case in Kyabram plus I understand one person from near Camperdown has died from it, having been on one of the Cruise ships.

Last edited:
Interesting article on Fauci's thoughts on contact sports... There are obviously AFL implications here as well:

Dr Anthony Fauci, the leading infectious diseases official in the United States, has said that contact sports like the NFL are a "perfect set-up for spreading" COVID-19.
  • Dr Fauci has been a key part of the response to infectious diseases in the US for 36 years
  • He explained how sweat is not the problem in sports, but 'virus shedding' through touch
  • He said the only way to be sure was constant testing for the virus, which is not practical

Full article:

What can we spray interstate teams with?

===

The Mexican border city of Nogales, Sonora, has set up ‘sanitizing tunnels’ to disinfect people leaving the US through Nogales, Arizona. On the Mexican side of two major border crossings, drivers coming from Arizona must exit their vehicles and step into an inflatable tunnel that sprays them with a cleansing solution. The border city’s mayor has told Mexican news outlets that a majority of the people who have tested positive for Covid-19 in Nogales, Sonora, had recently returned from the US:

What would Australia's equivalent be... A vegemite sandwich?

=====

The global pandemic has left millions of Indonesians struggling to make ends meet. Now the authorities are rolling out “rice ATMs” in a bid to ensure greater access for those in need to the essential Asian staple, Reuters reports.

A man wears protective face mask while receiving rice from an automated rice ATM distributor amid the spread of the coronavirus disease in Jakarta, Indonesia 4 May 2020.

Ten rice dispensaries in and around Jakarta are part of a government initiative to assist those worst affected by the coronavirus outbreak, which has caused millions to lose their jobs in Southeast Asia’s largest economy.

Stacked with kilos of good-quality rice and operated by magnetic cards, the tall automated teller machines look much like normal cashpoints, only that they pump out grain instead of banknotes.

Residents eligible for the rice ration include daily wage earners, the unemployed, those who do not own a house and people who live below the poverty line.

More than 14,000 Indonesians have contracted the coronavirus since early March, with 991 killed by the disease, the highest death toll in East Asia outside China.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’m over it but more importantly my wife and kids are over it. I didn’t expect them back this term. With our infection numbers so low I feel like sending kids back to school and slowly removing restrictions is the right thing to do

It's just a matter of management I guess. So long as we keep on top of outbreaks we should be okay.

I'm surprised at the Victorian numbers being high. Is that cos of more testing? If so then it's potentially gonna break out again and maybe require more restrictions. But if people get a bit of break then it might be okay if we get more restrictions.

I went out and polished off a bottle of rum with a mate on Friday night. Could probably stay in lockdown for another three weeks after letting off a bit of steam. Kids went to their grandma's on Saturday (Ma in law) and got to let off a bit of steam so they were better as well.

Ahhhh, my boy Pete. What a complete burke. Any doubt dispelled now.

Stark raving lunatic.

holy moly, he's onto the code words now, certifiable

It was sort of funny before but now I think he might actually be mental.

So, it was like the second quarter, then?

Wouldn't that mean that the testers would keep missing the nostrils and poking Val & Co. in the eye?

I honestly don’t know what mkultra becoming sentient means
These people are being conditioned and their beliefs reinforced via social media. Most likely via bots or thousands of accounts being controlled by small groups.

shareblue media is an example of this..

it’s the lessons lost of mind control, that is mkultra, being played out over the interwebs. People being triggered by keywords is an obvious sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back