News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the vagueness of their statements, what’s happening the other way? is your iPhone storing the data from the android app it’s locked?

As again Apple and Google are working together and iPhone users can expect iOS update 13.5 in the coming days that will enable the new API for the COVIDSafe app to operate more accurately.
It’s not working mate.
It’s not a question I can answer. Really isn’t my area of expertise, but the criticisms re aws and the ASD involvement I know are quite valid.

I have never seem a piece of software that assures sterilization.

People give this crap waaaaaaay too much consideration.
I see that you’ve been following the latest antivaxxer theories😉.

Doesn’t work if you’ve got an iPhone, as their OS doesn’t let you run it in the background... so android only.
it’s a joke.

Lucky iPhone's aren't that common I guess...

We need a local manufacturer to fill the shortage of Bintang singlets.

34.2.jpg

Lol. You just won the thread.

People giving teams of contact tracers, as the new norm way to much consideration??
It is wrong

The gullible get everything they deserve.

I have no pity.

Anybody else very curious to see how our finances are impacted by end of the year? There are some obvious and significant negatives but depending on how many people ask for a refund it might be interesting. If reserved seat members don't ask for their money back that is a massive amount of dollars that the club doesn't have to pay to the stadium.

Anybody else very curious to see how our finances are impacted by end of the year? There are some obvious and significant negatives but depending on how many people ask for a refund it might be interesting. If reserved seat members don't ask for their money back that is a massive amount of dollars that the club doesn't have to pay to the stadium.

I'm in a fortunate enough position at the moment that I'm still working and will happily donate the money I spent on my membership. I had wondered the same thing though. Im also interested to see how much impact it will have on the clubs like the tigers and pies that would have made more income from the larger crowd numbers they would have expected to get

I think the lesson of the NSW aged-care facility has been learnt. It seems like Victorian aged care places are practically locking down when there are "potential" cases. Otherwise, it's basically too late.

=====

Two aged care residents test positive to coronavirus, facilities go into lockdown

Two more aged care homes have been put into lockdown over COVID-19 fears. HammondCare in Caulfield and Lynden Aged Care in Camberwell are believed to have notified residents’ families of a potential case at each of the sites on Monday.

A spokesman for HammondCare said a resident had been screened on Monday, but a second test had returned a negative response on Tuesday morning. "HammondCare confirms that a resident has returned a preliminary negative test after an initial positive test for Covid-19 in a cottage of Caulfield Village aged care home,” the statement reads. “The positive result was returned yesterday morning but a negative test was returned today and so further testing is underway. In the meantime HammondCare is treating the result as if it is positive and taking all precautions.”

Lynden Aged Care declined to comment when called by the Herald Sun this morning.

Villa Maria in Bundoora also confirmed this morning that a resident at the home has tested negative for the virus, after an initial test yesterday came back inconclusive. In a statement, the aged care home said: “The resident has subsequently returned home, as they are no longer displaying any symptoms. "Further testing has produced a negative result, however the Department of Health are taking precautionary measures and have requested two more negative test results, to be undertaken 48 hours apart.” Residents and staff who had contact with the potential case have all been isolated.

Yeah I'm interested in this too, especially the reserved seat bit. I was tempted to ask for a refund on that component as i didn't want the club to have to send that money to the AFL because, well... * the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching Dr Phil... for some reason. It boggles my mind that someone would think their own family member was selfish for not wanting to drive out to visit their mother who is in a nursing/aged-care home. Gee I wonder why.

State borders should reopen before September, Birmingham says

Following comments from Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk that the State Government may not reopen the borders until September, Simon Birmingham, who is also Tourism Minister, says he expects things will be back up and running before then.

"If we continue to see the national success in containing COVID-19 as things like restaurants and pubs reopen and we get things gradually back to normal with appropriate social distancing, then there's no reason, if all of those next steps are successful, that we can't see borders reopen well before September," he said.

"This is about making sure we manage the health situation prep rately and Australia has done a phenomenal job right across the country: When border restrictions were imposed, along with a range of other restrictions, the country was recording significant daily new cases. We now see very few daily new cases. And if we can, as a country, maintain those very small numbers as we get things back to normal, then borders ought to be able to open up as well once we've given it time to check that we do have everything still under control.

"I firmly respect the fact the states have got to go through right now the process of reopening pubs and restaurants and getting all of those things back to normal and making sure that we still haven't seen an uptick in cases once that's happened. But if, in a few weeks, or a couple of months' time, we've successfully implemented those next stages and phases of reopening, and there's been no uptick in cases, then reopening borders is the logical next step to take."

Yeah I'm interested in this too, especially the reserved seat bit. I was tempted to ask for a refund on that component as i didn't want the club to have to send that money to the AFL because, well... fu** the AFL.

My understanding is that the club holds this money until a game is played - then they pay this to the stadium. I may be wrong but I think that's the case. If that is so then they could have some extra money in the kitty that is a very handy bonus.

The lockdown and isolation was to allow the Health system to prepare for the worst, which they now are.

It's time to allow society to give every person and business the chance to work and earn a living.

If 'Essential services' have not increased cases or cased mass outbreaks, it's now time to give everyone a chance. Keep the protocol and distancing etc.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

On another note, I agree with the AFL regarding players fraternising and having casual partners during hub isolation.

The risk to other players and the difficulty in following up transmission incidents would risk the season.

I'd also hate to see an Essendon player pregnant though a one night tryst.

I'm in a fortunate enough position at the moment that I'm still working and will happily donate the money I spent on my membership. I had wondered the same thing though. Im also interested to see how much impact it will have on the clubs like the tigers and pies that would have made more income from the larger crowd numbers they would have expected to get

Maybe the AFL will look into equalisation through pandemics?

or should I not say that too loud?

The gullible get everything they deserve.

I have no pity.

* me, the amount of times I’ve heard that as an excuse for ******* someone over...
On another note, I agree with the AFL regarding players fraternising and having casual partners during hub isolation.

The risk to other players and the difficulty in following up transmission incidents would risk the season.

I'd also hate to see an Essendon player pregnant though a one night tryst.

What’s the point of being an AFL player if you can’t get to enjoy the benefits?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back