Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did I say Dunkley in particular? When did I say they couldn't do other things? You've made some assumptions there. Based on our last two performances my statement is correct.
Interesting comment about making assumptions, given you're linking hair styles to poor performance.

So there's no actual connection between caring about your hair too much and toughness then.

Why don't we keep the actual criticisms to what happens on the field? If someone is lacking in toughness then it's just that. No need to attribute it to some completely irrelevant off-field chaff.
Getting a bit of a defensive tone there. My contention was that these players who are paid the hundred thousands won't put in the effort to succeed at their job but will all get their hair bleached cause the trendy leaders of the pack got it done. If they were actually winning I wouldn't care but right now we are looked down upon.

Of the player who've bleached their hair, Suckling and JJ are good players who improve our team, and Sweet's the most likely to crack a head.

Of the player who've bleached their hair, Suckling and JJ are good players who improve our team, and Sweet's the most likely to crack a head.
Honestly I'd be giving Sweet a go. He's much more physical than English, which is disappointing as I reckon English of course has more potential. JJ and Suckling though. JJ, good at times but shits the bed often since '16, and Suckling the same but sometimes actually lifts.

I'd like Sweet on the bench. He and English are such different types of ruck, and if English starts getting physically monstered which can happen sometimes, Sweet could take it and English could use his athleticism up forward for a bit.
English will need to improve soon. I know the big guys take longer but he's 4 years in and has shown only a few glimpses. He has no physical presence and no killer instinct that a footballer needs. It was present throughout all last year where every single team except one would monster him in the ruck, he would show glimpses of his potential but never fully capitalised. (I remember against Geelong at Marvel he ran towards 50m straight out of the ruck, and instead of running any further where he had plenty of space as he surprised Geelong's defence, he kicked at the 50m mark and it went through for a behind).

A prime example of his poor physicality was of course Round 1 this year but that game has been analysed to death.

English will need to improve soon. I know the big guys take longer but he's 4 years in and has shown only a few glimpses. He has no physical presence and no killer instinct that a footballer needs. It was present throughout all last year where every single team except one would monster him in the ruck, he would show glimpses of his potential but never fully capitalised. (I remember against Geelong at Marvel he ran towards 50m straight out of the ruck, and instead of running any further where he had plenty of space as he surprised Geelong's defence, he kicked at the 50m mark and it went through for a behind).

A prime example of his poor physicality was of course Round 1 this year but that game has been analysed to death.
Sure he needs to improve but didn't he improve quite a bit last year? Finished second in the Ching.

Oh yeah definitely but the area he needs to improve on massively is physicality.
Will Minson, as physical as you like, sat in the stands whilst more versatile, if less physical part time ruckmen played in the premiership team. It depends upon what the Coach values.

Last edited:
Brodie Grundy is a very physical player and he gets away with a lot pushing and manhandling
Reminds me of Stephen Silvagni he too could get a way with it

Agree English needs to be more physical however what would help is a second ruckman
It wouldn't hurt if we roved to him a bit more too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Morris, Corey and Russell are all stood down indefinitely. I figured it would be Morris and Russell at minimum, but very surprised that Corey is the other one gone. I really rate the work he's done, especially with our midfield group, so he'd be a huge loss if we're not able to bring these guys back on eventually

Sounds like Morris, Corey and Russell are all stood down indefinitely. I figured it would be Morris and Russell at minimum, but very surprised that Corey is the other one gone. I really rate the work he's done, especially with our midfield group, so he'd be a huge loss if we're not able to bring these guys back on eventually
Cross out of the Dees too.

I thought there was a photo of Morris at training earlier in the week.

Definitely seems the type, but can't expect him to stick around forever. He'd need to move on eventually if it doesn't appear there's an income coming

no doubt about that. Many blokes would do it short term as it is likely their passion. Are they allowed to work for free? Is there anything stopping them?

Garcia’s almost at a full training load. Khamis is a bit behind. West is the only definite no for round 2 injury-wise.
Great news for Garcia. Wasn't expecting him to be at full training until later in the year. Probably won't be in the mix for the 22 regardless, but good that he might get the chance to play a good number of lower level games this year

87E7ECAE-9324-44A0-8FF3-CADE29278B11.png
Who is the guy with blonde highlights in that flashback vid? Kolynuik? I remember him being bald but was this before that? Or is it Hudson?

interesting to see the 90s hairstyles coming back - Caleb Daniel now imitating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back