Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those of you interested - willowlake vineyard is an absolute belter, producing some seriously high quality fruit for winemakers out there!

for those north Melbourne supporters who like wine out there - this photo was pure pr0n this morning

That clip highlights where you want to play him.

When it's a congested scenario, Tarryn needs to be first option outside the clearance. Otherwise, we use him one on one around the ground.

I was one of the very few people there who had the privilege to witness this:

1590280232747.png

It was the same game where Cam Zurhaar "arrived".

Last edited:
That clip highlights where you want to play him.

When it's a congested scenario, Tarryn needs to be first option outside the clearance. Otherwise, we use him one on one around the ground.
I want him up around the midfield with Jy, those two are going to make a lot of players look stupid by wrong footing them.
A couple more pre seasons and Tarryn will be able to push off players in there. He’d be a nightmare to match up on then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want him up around the midfield with Jy, those two are going to make a lot of players look stupid by wrong footing them.
A couple more pre seasons and Tarryn will be able to push off players in there. He’d be a nightmare to match up on then.

No worries about putting him in the centre square, but I would prefer on the outside of Cunners/Jed/Tyson/LDU getting on the break, similar to Higgo.

Jy is a blend of both styles, but is also better suited to stoppages.

No worries about putting him in the centre square, but I would prefer on the outside of Cunners/Jed/Tyson/LDU getting on the break, similar to Higgo.

Jy is a blend of both styles, but is also better suited to stoppages.
Tarryns to clean around the contest and aggressive to waste anywhere else.
hes one of those players you want near the ball, coz he’ll make something happen.
he might need a bit of protection at the start but a couple of years of body development, look out.

Tarryns to clean around the contest and aggressive to waste anywhere else.
hes one of those players you want near the ball, coz he’ll make something happen.
he might need a bit of protection at the start but a couple of years of body development, look out.

March 23, 2019.

The first time TT made me go..........WTF?!

1590282620228.png

I'm sure the club put up some video of the moment, but I can't find it.

giantroo ?

This was the game when I went from "meh" to "hang on" with Zurhaar too.

March 23, 2019.

The first time TT made me go..........WTF?!

View attachment 880311

I'm sure the club put up some video of the moment, but I can't find it.

giantroo ?

This was the game when I went from "meh" to "hang on" with Zurhaar too.
The only thing I disagree with that is his speed. He reminds me of that player who you get to sprint at training will be in the top half a dozen.
line him up in a game and hes a yard quicker than everyone on the field, he’s got that extra gear that makes you go, what, where did that come from..

The only thing I disagree with that is his speed. He reminds me of that player who you get to sprint at training will be in the top half a dozen.
line him up in a game and hes a yard quicker than everyone on the field, he’s got that extra gear that makes you go, what, where did that come from..
He glides a bit like Wells, but he's also a bit like Pendles and Cunners in that they seem to have that little bit of extra time in the stoppage.

I'm really cautious to pump up youth, but he's one of the most exciting players to have come to North in a long time.

He glides a bit like Wells, but he's also a bit like Pendles and Cunners in that they seem to have that little bit of extra time in the stoppage.

I'm really cautious to pump up youth, but he's one of the most exciting players to have come to North in a long time.
It’s the first time in a long time I can think of we’ve actually got a whole lot of midfield talent coming in, the same time/age.
LDU, Simpkin and Thomas if they reach their potential could be number 1 player in the league level.

I honestly can’t remember a time when we could say that about our list, We’ve been more patchwork.

Thomas was supposed to move out at the end of last season but convinced Hall to let him stay longer. However, there was a catch.

"The deal was if he stays with me for another year, he's got to make sure he saves all his money and buys a house," Hall said.

Good to see Brad Scott's influence linger amongst the lads.......

I have two notes from that story. 1. Him being in the top 10 runners at the club already is the best news I've heard in ages. 2. Based on that article we should keep Aaron Hall this year (I know he's contracted and played round 1 but who knows what happens if list sizes are reduced) for the benefit Thomas gets from living with him alone.

It’s the first time in a long time I can think of we’ve actually got a whole lot of midfield talent coming in, the same time/age.
LDU, Simpkin and Thomas if they reach their potential could be number 1 player in the league level.

I honestly can’t remember a time when we could say that about our list, We’ve been more patchwork.

This was 2010 - talk on Big Footy at the time is that they would rival the great Geelong midfield. Unfortunately only one genuine star emerged from this quartet.

1590291947301.png

This was 2010 - talk on Big Footy at the time is that they would rival the great Geelong midfield. Unfortunately only one genuine star emerged from this quartet.

View attachment 880393
Yep.

Im happy to acknowledge we have a star team when they get there. This mob shows a lot of talent, but so have 3-4 crops since the last flag.

I saw us beat Carlton by 20 goals in 2002 and could have swore Motlop/Wells/Petrie/Harris was the next big thing, even though Carlton were rubbish.

If it happens, it happens.

View attachment 880393
Genuine question, we’ve got greenwood, Cunnington and Ziebell who’s the other guy? Bastinacs evil twin?

in fairness to the critics we were always called one paced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back