Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's like when trains don't turn up on the platform 'Adelaide Metro apologises for the inconvenience '

The court of public opinion has moved the SA Health stuff up from page 11 of yesterday's paper to headlines on the front page of today's Monopoly Times.

Speaking of Murdoch he has finally done what we all knew he was going to do and kill the hard copy of all local newspapers. Of course News Corp is blaming COVID-19 for the decision but we all know it was coming anyway as social media is killing their circulation. I just wish Murdoch would be up front and not hide behind COVID-19.

Of course there is a real connection with Port Adelaide here as the Port was the place where Messenger Newspapers got started.

I reckon a lot of local tradies will feel the difference because a lot of older readers do not read digital copy and tradies got a lot of work out of ads in the local papers.

I guess hard copy of the daily papers will be next.

Last edited:
The court of public opinion has moved the SA Health stuff up from page 11 of yesterday's paper to headlines on the front page of today's Monopoly Times.

Speaking of Murdoch he has finally done what we all knew he was going to do and kill the hard copy of all local newspapers. Of course News Corp is blaming COVID-19 for the decision but we all know it was coming anyway as social media is killing their circulation. I just wish Murdoch would be up front and not hide behind COVID-19.

Of course there is a real connection with Port Adelaide here as the Port was the place where Messenger Newspapers got started.

I reckon a lot of local tradies will feel the difference because a lot of older readers do not read digital copy and tradies got a lot of work out of ads in the local papers.

yes, blaming covid-19 is dead set a cop out from the Murdoch scum!

as you said, we all knew it was coming once he bought the Messenger, heck blind Freddy could've seen it coming.

Good

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Piss off! Life without international travel is a life half lived.

And without it I'm stuck with you lot (Aussies) all the time :)

It's just progress.
Newspapers did away with town criers - digital will see off hard copy newspapers. Better for the environment anyway.

Tradies probably get more business off of facebook/social media than the Messenger now. Mrs H now goes straight to the local area facebook group for recommendations for local plumbers etc when needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just progress.
Newspapers did away with town criers - digital will see off hard copy newspapers. Better for the environment anyway.

Tradies probably get more business off of facebook/social media than the Messenger now. Mrs H now goes straight to the local area facebook group for recommendations for local plumbers etc when needed.
All well and good if Murdoch hadn't nerfed the NBN to slow down access to other sources.

I'm happy to concede that Murdoch is a pox on humanity
I'm agreeing with you, just adding that he actively sought to slow down access to the other sources....and we let him!

Piss off! Life without international travel is a life half lived.

And without it I'm stuck with you lot (Aussies) all the time :)
I should be in Frankfurt at the moment, getting ready for a weekend in Paris. Farkin COVID19.

I should be in Frankfurt at the moment, getting ready for a weekend in Paris. Farkin COVID19.
I was supposed to be heading to Paris then a train across via Bruges, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Malmo to Berlin, then down to Vienna and flying back out of Munich for June!

merkin COVID!!

I reckon counting the Kuwaiti sheep transport cases as West Australian and Australian cases is a bit rough. As far as I know these guys never set foot on Australian soil and are only here now for treatment and isolation.

I would have thought by now a set protocol for shipping would have been in place. No one, other than a medical team, goes on board or comes off until all crew and passengers are tested and cleared seems the way to go. There were reports of seamen from bulk ore carriers docked in Port Headland walking around the town without being tested. Hopefully that is no longer happening.

Last edited:
I was supposed to be heading to Paris then a train across via Bruges, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Malmo to Berlin, then down to Vienna and flying back out of Munich for June!

merkin COVID!!
That sounds like an awesome itinerary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back