Trades Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the last week where we get three trades?

Roberton to Hamill
Dunkley to Neale

First two are locked for me. Roberton not playing and I liked what I saw from Hamill on the weekend. Hopefully they continue to blood him. Dunkley our for numerous weeks, so have to trade. Neale looks primed for 200 against the crows this weekend and will be out for a bit of blood against the power the following week after they targeted him last season. Expect him to have a bit more support from team mates this time.

My last trade I’m left with 78k and all of the following to fix:
Br. Smith
Houston
Naismith
D.Smith
Brayshaw
Xerri
Cavarra
McInnerny

I’m on a similar strategy at the moment and not spending too much time trading non playing rookies. Hopeful that McInnerny and Naismith return this week and have playing rookies in each bench position except ruck. Will use another trade next week to fix the non playing rookies. Cavarra is going to cost me money to get rid of. Really hoping he squeezes back in when he recovers from injury.

Trades will be looking to play the BE game and bring in underpriced guys.

Brayshaw is shitting me off, but given conditions and still having a BE of 40, he survives another week. I’m hoping a couple guys at Freo get a rocket during the week, especially in that mid circle. Went missing in the middle latch of the game and left it all to Fyfe and Walters.

D.Smith, I am completely torn on. Hard to drop a guy who didn’t play. Never actually wanted to pick the bloke, and grabbed him last minute when Steven wasn’t available for round 1. Since then he has haunted me each week and bled a bunch of cash. BE of 73.

Houston another one that is difficult. Weather conditions not great in the port game, appeared as one of the lowest scoring games for the round from a fantasy perspective. He was taking kick ins which was a positive and only has a BE of 54. Can anyone from Port shed some light as to whether Duursma’s injury will give him much of an opportunity to push up onto the wing a bit more?

Brodie Smith, disappointing as was so confident on him in preseason, but that’s fantasy for you in a nutshell. BE of 63. Hard to know what to do with him and what to expect from any of the guys at the crows.

Backline options:
Weller - playing midfield, hits the scoreboard, BE 27
Ridley - cheap, great kick, seems to have finally been given the role he deserves. I was hot on him last season, but didn’t have the JS he seems to have now. BE 18 $$

Mid options:
Can get to one of these guys by through Budarick or Dusty into the forward line for Dev or Bray.
Daicos(BE10), Bowes(BE20), break out seasons? Both in slightly different roles, both been in the system a few years. Both rated at their respective clubs.
Hately, BE20, can’t wait till this guy gets a solid run of games with confirmed JS. Just too dicy to bring into the side this season.

Forward Options:
Have got most the value guys in my side already.
Walters, looks fantastic, role looks great, will be an end of season pick for me. Trying to play value.
J.Martin/Brad Ebert, probably the only other two I’m looking at atm. Both looking the goods. Have Dusty sitting in the mids with Brayshaw/Ceglar at F5/6 so not completely set on bringing in a forward at this point.

Going to wait till teams for my last trade, but quite liking the look of Daicos in for Dev Smith at the moment.

Any thoughts?

Overall I'm relatively happy with my team, sitting about 7,000 after being about 35k after round 1. Lucky to avoid Whitfield, Dunkley and to a lesser extent Macrae (who should start scoring well with Dunkley out).

Feel as though it's important to focus on cash generation so 100% locked trades this week are
Jacobs > Pittonet - Wanted to do this last week but I thought I'd give Jacobs another week, also thought he'd do a lot better against English.
Greene > Picket - No brainer (Unless Green comes back in then I'll trade Mcinerney)

Last trade will most likely be Brayshaw > Simpkin OR fixing up 1 more rookie. Unsure why Brayshaw is getting sub 70% time on ground in shortened games, definitely affecting scores. Simpkin has 88% TOG and is almost their main midfielder, surely will be top 10 forward based on this role change and value is great to jump on this week.

I'm keeping Naismith, I think he'll come back in and prove to be a valuable cash cow in the coming weeks.

For those wondering whether to trade Neale in this week.....

He plays Adelaide and had a B/E of 31!!!

Now just remember some of the scores against Adelaide by mids recently....
Rowell 104
Miller 102
Weller 95
Bowes 85
Butters 114
Rocky 105
Motlop 93
Boak 92
Parker 113
Kennedy 98

Neale is probably the best mid of that lot and in the best form!!
I'm bringing him in and throwing the C on him!! Reckon he's good for a BCV 150 of a 125 in corona ball!!
And for the VC I expect Smith to go better than McCrae :)

I'm keeping Naismith, I think he'll come back in and prove to be a valuable cash cow in the coming weeks.

we've had 6 trades to fix things. i think he'll be on the chopping block for a lot of folks now. If you had more than 9 trades to make before him then your team isn't so flash.

I know I want more points and having him sit on the bench is such a waste. Will bring in Pitt if he's not back or look to go up.

I know but the last time he came back from an injury affected game, he scored 190....
I know he is a spud this year but everyone will be trading him. Holding him could be turn out to be a POD. The worst case is he continues to be a spud and my rank blows out but I'm at 20k anyway

It's a tough one. Those of us who have held have already dropped so much cash but you only lose it once you cut your losses... do you play the BE game for the sake of another 60-80k that you will lose or do you just suck it up and save the two trades it will take to get him back once he sorts his game out and becomes a top 6 forward again?

I liked the idea of offloading him this week but now I'm wondering if I've already missed the boat in doing so?

we've had 6 trades to fix things. i think he'll be on the chopping block for a lot of folks now. If you had more than 9 trades to make before him then your team isn't so flash.

I know I want more points and having him sit on the bench is such a waste. Will bring in Pitt if he's not back or look to go up.

I see your point, but he's injured and is just short on preparation rather than being dropped for not being good enough (Which I have a few of), he should be back either this week or next. Who do I bring in anyhow? (already bringing in Pitt for Jacobs) It's likely Cameron will be dropped this week and make way for Cox. He will make $200k and be a great back up once he comes back if Grundy/Goldstein or Gawn go down or are a late withdrawal (it happens). His cash generation could be gold by around the round 10 mark.

It's a tough one. Those of us who have held have already dropped so much cash but you only lose it once you cut your losses... do you play the BE game for the sake of another 60-80k that you will lose or do you just suck it up and save the two trades it will take to get him back once he sorts his game out and becomes a top 6 forward again?

I liked the idea of offloading him this week but now I'm wondering if I've already missed the boat in doing so?
Yeah he drops another 40k this week but I just have to cop it. Just needs one good week I think and then he will be back in form and will arrest his price drop. I don't think he goes below 650k anyway. I am still confident that he can be a top 6 fwd, so no point burning trades. In my case, I have nothing to lose really. Those higher up the rankings may be more aggressive and trade him out but I'm already way behind the 8 ball.

Things can change quickly as we have seen with Crae. People were trading him out last week, then he tons up and now Dunks out for a while. Suddenly, he looks like being right up there with the top mids again.

If he gets named i honestly think i am going to do my first objectively stupid trade of the year and bring in Treloar, love him and miss having him in my team and it's already garbage anyway.
He's VERY high on my radar in a couple of weeks because him and Neale are two players that often get to a good score by 3/4 time and them slow down, eg. it should make them great 16min quarter players

You reckon he’ll score 50 this week? That’s the only way he drops another 40k

BE= 129
Projected score= 78
Projected $ drop= $42K

Hard to go off projected scores but in a year that we're happy with 80 and coming up against the pies there's every chance he drops about that

You reckon he’ll score 50 this week? That’s the only way he drops another 40k
that is his projected price drop, no idea how it is calculated
last week his BE was 104 and he scored 10 = 72k drop
this week his BE is 129, I think he scores 75. 55 pts less than BE should be close to a 40k drop right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is his projected price drop, no idea how it is calculated
last week his BE was 104 and he scored 10 = 72k drop
this week his BE is 129, I think he scores 75. 55 pts less than BE should be close to a 40k drop right
Jeez I got to go back and check how it’s been calculated this season. Maybe because of the shorter games each point short of BE carries more weight?

That’s strange though.. using the old way I worked out Simpkin rising 40k and was just about spot on.

Currently thinking:
Whitfield / Cavarra / Brander —> Simpkin / Mcgrath (via DPP) / Hamill

Essentially getting whit and a rook off field and replacing with Simpkin and McGrath. Surely they score more combined.

Am I selling too early on Brander with his low BE? My 3 def rooks are Rivers, Starcevich, and Brander so hesitant to cull any yet. But otherwise would need to downgrade someone on my field to make this trade work.

Currently thinking:

Essentially getting whit and a rook off field and replacing with Simpkin and McGrath. Surely they score more combined.

Am I selling too early on Brander with his low BE? My 3 def rooks are Rivers, Starcevich, and Brander so hesitant to cull any yet. But otherwise would need to downgrade someone on my field to make this trade work.
I got the same problem with Brander. Still has -17 BE so heaps of cash to make but none of my rookies are ready for culling. I need Brander and Pickett to be dropped so I'm forced to trade. Lot on the west coast board calling for brander to be dropped and Pickett has been average lately so he could be dropped too.

actually hoping Naismith is ruled out again, I want worldwide that bad
if Naismith is named, I might consider trading Grundy to fit worldwide in...

Grundy to worldwide give me 519k....for what 30 points less? Yeah why shouldn't I
Because Pitt could pump out a 30, asking for Grundy to punish you mate! As a non owner he is a vengeful god and makes watching Collingwood games very painful!!!

Currently thinking:

Id say too early on Brander if he is named for sure. Another 50k next week potentially if he scores okay will be gold. I would be looking to trade Pickett first for sure.

Because Pitt could pump out a 30, asking for Grundy to punish you mate! As a non owner he is a vengeful god and makes watching Collingwood games very painful!!!
Grundy hasn't really truly punished yet though. Even if he averages 100, it's still not enough given that there are multiple guys going at 90 that are 250-300k cheaper than Grundy! Pittojet is a must have, he's rising another 50k this week! And if Naismith plays then I also can't get rid of him, he plays against Speakano so I expect an 80+ and a 40k+ increase from him as well.

I see Pittojet scoring close to 70 every week, which means he outscores every one of my rookies except Rowell. I could do a lot with the 500k from Grundy, could maybe remove all rookies from field, except for Rowell and Starce, over the next couple of weeks.

The only downside is that I will say goodbye to Grundy forever probably, he won't ever dip below 850k unless he gets an injury affected score. But Goldstein later on in the season may be good enough.

GRUNDY OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back