Trades Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we feel about Florent? 19 CBA’s this week and last is pretty decent.

Currently I can get to him or Ward by moving 2 (potentially) non-playing rooks in McHenry and Pickett.

Or do I move Pickett + rook still playing (e.g McInerney) to get to McGrath?

How do we feel about Florent? 19 CBA’s this week and last is pretty decent.

Currently I can get to him or Ward by moving 2 (potentially) non-playing rooks in McHenry and Pickett.

Or do I move Pickett + rook still playing (e.g McInerney) to get to McGrath?

Very keen on Florent, he's one of my trade targets this week. Only thing is I don't see him being a top 8 mid come season's end, but happy to ride him as a stepping stone for now.

In saying that, if you can get McGrath without too much extra difficulty, pull the trigger on that. Could potentially be a top 8 mid, or at least very close to it

I seem to be at a fork in the road with two very different options. Maximise points, or maximise cash gen?

Note: Both options includes dunks being traded and Simpkin coming in so I wont mention those for simplicity.

Option 1) Maximize points
OUT: Cumming, Jacobs.
IN: Weller (+30), Ward (+20)
Note: Need to play 1 of Bennell, Pickett, McInerney or Taylor on field.

Vs

Option 2) Maximize Cashgen
OUT: Cumming, Pickett
IN: Daicos (+30) /Doedee (+10)
This gets an extra rook off the ground and keeps Jacobs one more week.

For whatever reason both these trades will cost me about the same.

Option 1 looks far superior on paper in terms of approximate points gain.

But for some reason I'm sitting on option 2 atm. It keeps Jacobs for one more week and I may trade him to Naismith next week for the final hit of cash before we drop to 2 trades a week (assuming Naismith is back by then).

It may come down to Pickett this week. If he's dropped I think I'll have to go option 2 to keep the green lights ticking over.
Otherwise if he's named I could run Option 1 and play Bennell on field.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Whitfield. Break even is 129, he averages 103 against the pies but hasn't been setting the world on fire but is a player that can hit the ton. He will lose cash just how much is anyone's guess.

Do you take the risk and give him one more week or bail out now? Considering I already have one forced trade with Dunkley.

I seem to be at a fork in the road with two very different options. Maximise points, or maximise cash gen?

Note: Both options includes dunks being traded and Simpkin coming in so I wont mention those for simplicity.

Option 1) Maximize points
OUT: Cumming, Jacobs.
IN: Weller (+30), Ward (+20)
Note: Need to play 1 of Bennell, Pickett, McInerney or Taylor on field.

Vs

Option 2) Maximize Cashgen
OUT: Cumming, Pickett
IN: Daicos (+30) /Doedee (+10)
This gets an extra rook off the ground and keeps Jacobs one more week.

For whatever reason both these trades will cost me about the same.

Option 1 looks far superior on paper in terms of approximate points gain.

But for some reason I'm sitting on option 2 atm. It keeps Jacobs for one more week and I may trade him to Naismith next week for the final hit of cash before we drop to 2 trades a week (assuming Naismith is back by then).

It may come down to Pickett this week. If he's dropped I think I'll have to go option 2 to keep the green lights ticking over.
Otherwise if he's named I could run Option 1 and play Bennell on field.
I like option 1 by far and even think it will be better in the long run in both cash and points.
I don't like either the Daicos or Doedee picks.
In my opinion Daicos will drop back to a 60avg once a few players return (he would of been great to start with though)
Doedee is just to volatile in a team like Adelaide. There is talk of Kelly being dropped so he could easily have to be more accountable.

That all said, Ward isn't setting the world on fire either!!

Round 4 Trades.jpg

Cummings > Doedee
Dunkley > Simpkin
Naismith > Mr Worldwide

Wanted to get rid of Brouch/Yeo (PODs not really paying off), but Dunkley is the more immediate concern. Have the main rookie cashcows, where the other rookies are really not screaming pick me (Hamil, Henry, etc), so they can wait another week.

Bit of a different strategy this season, where Im targetting value players. Given the shorter season, the quicker I complete my team the better (i.e. focus is cash leage). Once completed, I can focus on upgrading to the best player in each line.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Whitfield. Break even is 129, he averages 103 against the pies but hasn't been setting the world on fire but is a player that can hit the ton. He will lose cash just how much is anyone's guess.

Do you take the risk and give him one more week or bail out now? Considering I already have one forced trade with Dunkley.
Sitting at home crook so feel like I'm replying to everyone, but hey I got the time!!

Interesting dilemma!! I got rid of Whit prior to rd 2 and happy I did.
Personally I still would as you could make $$, better points and sleep better!!

SOmething like
Dunkley > Neale
Whit > Simpkin

Then either another downgrade (as you are better off points wise with your 1st 2 trades) and save $$ for next week, or put the $$ on top of a midpricer to get to a premo, or rookie to a midpricer.

View attachment 898548

Cummings > Doedee
Dunkley > Simpkin
Naismith > Mr Worldwide

Wanted to get rid of Brouch/Yeo (PODs not really paying off), but Dunkley is the more immediate concern. Have the main rookie cashcows, where the other rookies are really screaming pick me (Hamil, Henry, etc), so they can wait another week.

Bit of a different strategy this season, where Im targetting value players. Given the shorter season, the quicker I complete my team the better (i.e. focus is cash leage). Once completed, I can focus on upgrading to the best player in each line.
Just a thought......If Cameron is dropped why not go Cameron to Pitt. IMHO Naismith has at least another $200k to make

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone considering Jy Caldwell?
Haven’t seen too many GWS games but it seems his role isn’t too bad. If he can continue to score 60-80 he could prove to be a good M8 and cash cow given there’s uncertainty around Pickett and McInerney?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon Whitfield drops a other 80k maximum. In a shortened season and with 3 trades a week coming to an end in a fortnight, I'll bite my tongue and hold him as I still firmly believe he's a top 2 forward let alone top 6. I want a completed team as soon as possible.

Trading him now is locking in his 80k loss - holding him will lose team value - but none of this matters if you believe he's top 6 for the rest of the year. On top of this, whose to say I have the means to trade Whitfield in when he does bottom out? Who knows what carnage is in store. 😖

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts are it's now or never if you're planning on bailing out... set to drop $42k this week if you want him gone then do it. If you give him 1 more week then he will basically bottom out and you won't have gained much from dumping him. Only for him to then pump out a ton or two in a row and everyone will be jumping back on again.
I haven't decided what I'll do yet, I think I'm gonna hold and ride it out just to save the two trades and look to fix up non playing rookies to counteract the lost $$$

I reckon Whitfield drops a other 80k maximum. In a shortened season and with 3 trades a week coming to an end in a fortnight, I'll bite my tongue and hold him as I still firmly believe he's a top 2 forward let alone top 6.

Yeah to me it all comes down to the status of the rooks. My options seem to be to either sideways some poor / non-playing rooks or cull some of the good ones that still have a lot of cash to make. Getting rid of whit allows me to get in say a Simpkin and McGrath without culling rooks with low BE’s.

Without moving whit I feel like am at risk of losing value both in terms of his price drop and the increased price of low BE rooks that I am prematurely moving just to get some $ together.

Would almost make it easy for say a Brander to get dropped to be forced to pull the trigger on him.

I like option 1 by far and even think it will be better in the long run in both cash and points.
I don't like either the Daicos or Doedee picks.
In my opinion Daicos will drop back to a 60avg once a few players return (he would of been great to start with though)
Doedee is just to volatile in a team like Adelaide. There is talk of Kelly being dropped so he could easily have to be more accountable.

That all said, Ward isn't setting the world on fire either!!

Yeah thats the pain. I wanted Selwood or McGrath but was short. Ward the only option if I go that route but something about Coniglio/Ward both in my side just doesnt look great!

EDIT:
I guess I have a third option now with the dogs defender.
Cumming -> 170k
Dunks -> Simpkin
Pickett -> McGrath.
Leaves $140k cash in bank for next week

Last edited:
Yeah to me it all comes down to the status of the rooks. My options seem to be to either sideways some poor / non-playing rooks or cull some of the good ones that still have a lot of cash to make. Getting rid of whit allows me to get in say a Simpkin and McGrath without culling rooks with low BE’s.

Without moving whit I feel like am at risk of losing value both in terms of his price drop and the increased price of low BE rooks that I am prematurely moving just to get some $ together.

Would almost make it easy for say a Brander to get dropped to be forced to pull the trigger on him.

That will just add another headache in the mix if Brander gets dropped now. Can they wait a few weeks first lol.

Yeah thats the pain. I wanted Selwood or McGrath but was short. Ward the only option if I go that route but something about Coniglio/Ward both in my side just doesnt look great!

EDIT:
I guess I have a third option now with the dogs defender.
Cumming -> 170k
Dunks -> Simpkin
Pickett -> McGrath.
Leaves $140k cash in bank for next week

Great trades!!

Have locked in Whitfield / Picket —> Simpkin / Butler.

For my final trade, 1 or 2:

1) Trade a playing rook (e.g. McInerney, Brown) to get to Mcgrath ($0 itb if I trade McInerney)

2) trade a non-playing rook (Cavarra/McHenry) which only allows me to get to Florent or Ward?

Cheers

Have locked in Whitfield / Picket —> Simpkin / Butler.

For my final trade, 1 or 2:

1) Trade a playing rook (e.g. McInerney, Brown) to get to Mcgrath ($0 itb if I trade McInerney)

2) trade a non-playing rook (Cavarra/McHenry) which only allows me to get to Florent or Ward?

Cheers

Last year I'd say option 2. This year I think just get the man you want and stuff the rooks. They're all terrible anyway.

Trade Brown to make it happen and get McGrath. Brown will get the boot anyway once Treloar comes back (or shortly thereafter).

McInerney the better chance of the two to get more games even if he's not returning this week in my opinion.

If Whitfield is named (and seems actually likely) I'll be somewhat tempted to hold, and tbh I also have a non-playing utility that I should really be fixing first, but I can't say this isn't tempting (I even like Gaff and a few other bargain mids more than Neale long-term, but it's just the Crows match-up that's hard to resist; hopefully I'll #Staystrong).

Seriously though do we buy Weller as a potential keeper? GC have looked fantastic, no doubt, but things might not be smooth sailing once they have to leave the safety of the hub. IDK. His CBAs are still up, so I like that.

Pretty sold on Simpkin at this point.

1592966710666.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back