Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v St Kilda Thurs 2nd July 7.40PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight forward Harry for JSOS and Fisher for an unlucky Philp.
The extra stinger is the five day back up. With an even group, we need to cover any physical short comings. Roles are being rotated already to mitigate
this. Cuningham rather than Martin in middle of Saturday. Pretty sure our "machines" Crippa and Ed will be there, with perhaps Fish doing some decent
minutes as the fresh blood. The possible ins, bar Honey are likely to have similar fatigue levels to the top 22, so will be interesting if this plays out.
LOB, Bam Bam, maybe Honey, who only played half a game in the twos, and Philp stay in calculations if any are jaded or carrying injuries.
TDK some claims if Pitto's slow start last week was fatigue related, although the presence of Levi may mitigate this (have Pitto both Fantasy forms,
so not advocating)

Philp is going to play a lot of games for Carlton, all things being equal- I think we can all see that.

This is an incredibly even season and not only that, typical indicators of success- pure talent, strategy, injuries are probably not going to be as dominant factors in deciding who wins this year. Attitude, mental agility and an embrace of ambiguity are going to be huge factors in teams’ success.

for whatever reason I feel really good about how we appear to be psychologically ready to adapt to this year. not only that the team seem to be really together not only in themselves but with the coaches etc.

Weird stuff is going to happen. There’s only 17 games so there’s a relative scarcity in games and game time. This is a year to chase every W. Put the absolute best 22 out in the park every week and chase wins. Development can wait.

Who knows what’s going to happen, and why can’t we make some noise. We’ve not been better positioned vs the bulk of the competition since 2011 at least.

If Fisher and H are right, bring them in.
A lot of credit has to go to SOS for not just drafting on pure footy ability but also strong character traits during our rebuild, this is something that isn’t focussed a lot on but has us building a strong culture based on resilience, hard work and a team first ethos while also doing the extras needed to give you the best chance at success, constantly improving aspects of your individual game which is exemplified by our dual Captains who work there asses off to get better even though they are already great players.

I’ve said it before but I hope people realise how lucky we are to have those 2 as our Captains because when we do win number 17 they will be a major reason for it.

A lot of credit has to go to SOS for not just drafting on pure footy ability but also strong character traits during our rebuild, this is something that isn’t focussed a lot on but has us building a strong culture based on resilience, hard work and a team first ethos while also doing the extras needed to give you the best chance at success, constantly improving aspects of your individual game which is exemplified by our dual Captains who work there asses off to get better even though they are already great players.

I’ve said it before but I hope people realise how lucky we are to have those 2 as our Captains because when we do win number 17 they will be a major reason for it.
On the money for mine..We'll done SOS Thankyou!

He's moved away from that role but he has a good history on Cripps (Not so much stopping him totally but equalling his output head to head) so maybe Ratts will give him the job.

Lol

I'm thinking that this article outlines perfectly why Fisher will come straight back in if he is fit enough. He offers a point of difference at our centre bounces. Question is, does Cuningham fill that point of difference adequately? Cunners only attended 6 centre bounces against the Bombers. Seemed like more.

I'm thinking that this article outlines perfectly why Fisher will come straight back in if he is fit enough. He offers a point of difference at our centre bounces. Question is, does Cuningham fill that point of difference adequately? Cunners only attended 6 centre bounces against the Bombers. Seemed like more.
Surprised only 6 myself, it must have been around the ground where he racked’em up which threw me off, honestly thought he was in there for more than that...
Yes he definitely can, I think he’s slowly going to spend more time in there with Martin and Fisher all being that difference feeding of Cripps Curnow and Setterfield...

Interesting article.

Seems our mids really need to make their F50 entries difficult. Hopefully that will make them revert to last year's accuracy.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember reading that Cunningham only received more midfield minutes as a result of the JSOS injury. I assume this was through Martin having to play more forward to fill the JSOS hole. The spread of centre bounce attendances will be very interesting this week with presumably all of Fisher, Martin, Setters and Cunners available to play the role now to see who Teague prefers at the moment.

Interesting article.

Seems our mids really need to make their F50 entries difficult. Hopefully that will make them revert to last year's accuracy.

It's really no surprise that the Saints are attacking under Ratten. He's fantastic at coaching an offensive game plan. The question, as it was with Carlton under Ratten, is whether we can defend when the big games come. I think he has probably improved since then.

I look at the Saints and the Gold Coast and I wonder if a player like Paddy Dow would benefit from a little bit of freedom that comes from a free flowing offense. Get him back to his U18 basics where he was so damaging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Steele is more than physically able to match Cripps and does well on him generally so it will be extremely interesting to see how the coaches handle that one.

Most of their matchups, they both seem to get a lot of ball so it's not exactly a tight checking tag. Crippa has come away with some Brownlow votes on a couple of occasions too I think.

Most of their matchups, they both seem to get a lot of ball so it's not exactly a tight checking tag. Crippa has come away with some Brownlow votes on a couple of occasions too I think.

Right. Reckon Ratten may ask Jack to body up a little bit more on our champ this week. Could be a few little fisticuffs this game.

Right. Reckon Ratten may ask Jack to body up a little bit more on our champ this week. Could be a few little fisticuffs this game.

As long as someone gives Carlisle a sneaky one that the cameras miss, on behalf of Mrs Murphy.

I don’t mind it but what’s the AFL reasoning for it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

FMD have you been reading the news? There is a pandemic going on atm. We are lucky to have football at all. Lets thank the afl and Gill (god that was hard to say) that we have a game to watch and stop bitching and moaning. Their job is pretty hard atm

FMD have you been reading the news? There is a pandemic going on atm. We are lucky to have football at all. Lets thank the afl and Gill (god that was hard to say) that we have a game to watch and stop bitching and moaning. Their job is pretty hard atm

He said he didn't mind it. Perhaps he was more curious about the move to Marvel from the MCG. That's not pandemic related. Would be more to do with the stadium schedules I guess.

He said he didn't mind it. Perhaps he was more curious about the move to Marvel from the MCG. That's not pandemic related. Would be more to do with the stadium schedules I guess.

I'm more interested as to how you came to choose your profile photo. Assume you've used it for quite some time, excuse me for such an off topic query, it's bloody hot here in SE Asia.

I'm more interested as to how you came to choose your profile photo. Assume you've used it for quite some time, excuse me for such an off topic query, it's bloody hot here in SE Asia.

I'm just a big fan. Have had it for nearly 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back