Game Day Round 6 - West Coast Eagles v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not by a long way
Really this year? I mean you watch the St Kilda and Fremantle game - so much run - marks on the lead not just long bombs to packs by the boundary. We rarely move the ball through the middle. Our backline is pretty solid in terms of hitting targets but apart from Jetts no one who really takes the game on by foot or run more than average. Apart from our CBD work and our backline marking we just play such uninspiring footy. Not saying we are a terrible team - we have good skills etc but considering that we don't seem to take much risks and play through the corridor at all.

Times liket this you really miss Willie - some creativity and magnificient kicks into the forwardline.

And what impact has he had on the game?

Literally none.
Reductive view point.

Nic smashed him in the place that matters (ruck work) and overall affect on the game (agreed).

However Riley has had more of an impact around the ground. Adelaide have been overwhelmed as a team but Riley has taken some very important marks in defense to cut off our inside 50's.

For what it's worth. Give me Nic every time but objective stats, while not indicative of overall game impact necessarily, still tell a story.

Nic's ruck work was glorious. But Riley was better around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might go against the grain here, but i don't mind Ainsworth, he has a footy brain and seems pretty good in close, just a shame he isn't a bit quicker.

Geez you’re a bit harsh. Bubba is second on ground for total distance covered at high speed from 71% game time!

Last edited:
Reductive view point.

Nic smashed him in the place that matters (ruck work) and overall affect on the game (agreed).

However Riley has had more of an impact around the ground. Adelaide have been overwhelmed as a team but Riley has taken some very important marks in defense to cut off our inside 50's.

For what it's worth. Give me Nic every time but objective stats, while not indicative of overall game impact necessarily, still tell a story.

Nic's ruck work was glorious. But Riley was better around the ground.
Nicks brings the flood from Sydney - who wants their ruckman in the goal squarne choking our forwards. Cheap work by a poor Crows - dragged us down to their standard at times.
What do you do for a cheap talking nobody - give him a phone and include two sponsors in the clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back