Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starce/Young to Simpson via Rivers
Ward to Whitfield

No bench cover in backline
Looking forward to Whit returning to being a spud now that I get him back in
Massive GWS v Brisbane game this week.
Already dreading the De Boer tag on Neale.

I'm $2k short on Starcevich to.... Jayden Short.
Don't suppose any $168k rookies will pop up in some kind of glitch. :D
Wouldn't mind Short or Sheppard coming in.

They're an absolute myth this season. Feel sorry for the ppl paying $20 to get false info lmao
Bailey Smith had the high break even of 83,
Scores 94... Drops $6k
Whitfield did end up with that 84 B.E
Scores 108, rises $17k.
Sure is messy. Above should see Smith rise by $6k, not drop.

Last edited:
Some gold in this thread already. Even though it's been a messy year, I truly want to see it through.
It's been a slug getting to where we are.

So, the outright leader in rankings is somehow still #1 despite a midfield containing these scores this week
ANGUS Brayshaw - 38
Tom Green -32
Starcevich - 33
Anderson - 57
(And Bont, 65avg for year, Neale, Whit, Mitchell)

Fwd line
Taylor onfield. 10 this week.

I felt ok about my year so far but if we're all losing to someone running with Angus Brayshaw in 2020 and still a handful of onfield rooks, well that's just a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Well done to him, it's like saying to the rest of the league "I'll fight you with 1 hand tied behind my back"

So initial thoughts are:

1)Starcevich/Taylor > MacPherson/Rankine
and
2)Pitt > Max!

Left with with 30k/14k, but will then have big 2 Rucks. Otherwise can do a bench rook (rivers/madgen/king/mcinerney) but then can only get to Goldy or ROB.

Decisions decisions

I hate this game sometimes. 1k short of going Starc to Simpson and Taylor to Smith!!

If I pass on Simpson I can get pittonet upto English which looks good, but even if Simpson only gets some 50s for a couple weeks he will be up at 400k in no time now. Is it worth missing him to get English?

Last edited:
I hate this game sometimes. 1k short of going Starc to Simpson and Taylor to Smith!!

If I pass on Simpson I can get pittonet upto English which looks good, but even if Simpson only gets some 50s for a couple weeks he will be up at 400k in no time now. Is it worth missing him to get English?

I see Simpson as a rather integral piece of the puzzle this year.

Anderson/Green/Serong are the last of the "good" crop of rookie midfielders whom you can leave on your field week to week.
But we're fast approaching that time when we need to chop a big fattened rookie to get things done. The chop of the $280k -> $200-$230k rookie does not help much at all.

Simpson probably the only one throwing his hand up at the minute who might be worthy of throwing on our field for a few games. At the very least everyone else will be doing it anyway so you lose nothing from him spudding it up if you get him.

I'll go back to a 3 rookie midfield with Anderson/Serong/Simpson for now and hopefully that'll allow me time to sort out Pitto and D5/D6.

Any Carlton fans shed some light on Matt Kennedy?

Was drafted as a midfielder to giants but ever since been at the blues was played out of position by Bolton. Will he get a continuous run as a mid ? 17 CBAs yesterday and you actually make 4k going Taylor to him.

I am finding it hard as so many rookies are coming in and then getting dumped after one or two games.

I feel like i need to do a double downgrade rookies to bring in cash but as soon as I do I guarantee I will have 3 injuries on my field.

If I had my time again my starting team would look 100% different

Anyone worried that we’ll still have a couple of rookies and mid pricers on field come seasons end? Cash generation tough this year, especially the bench guys not pulling their weight

I think that's a forgone conclusion at this point.

I've had ~ 4 rookies (6 counting pitto and corr) for the past 3 weeks. Can't seem to improve on that. Just swapping deck chairs around on the titanic.

If Young is ok or only missing 1-2weeks I see him as being my D6 still at years end.

EDIT:
Even if I could magically click my fingers and cash my entire bench in now for $200k players that would only nett me ~$550k (from cashing in 5 players..). Enough to fixup maybe 2 rooks on field.

We'll need to get creative with who we target. I dont think Sidebottom in a couple weeks is even a good idea at $800k. just too expensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if any Neale owners will have the kahunas to trade him?

$956k of coin sitting on a midfielder about to cop the De Boer tag.

Potentially a lot of money to be made just sideways trading to an out of form midfielder.

For example trading to Zorko netts $350k.

I wonder if any Neale owners will have the kahunas to trade him?

$956k of coin sitting on a midfielder about to cop the De Boer tag.

Potentially a lot of money to be made just sideways trading to an out of form midfielder.

For example trading to Zorko netts $350k.
I could also do meth, but I don't.

Double downgrade for me

Starch - Simpson
Taylor - Rankine

Leaves 392k to get rid of some duds next week

Think Rankine will only score around 45-55 so will be on the pine

I think that's a forgone conclusion at this point.

I've had ~ 4 rookies (6 counting pitto and corr) for the past 3 weeks. Can't seem to improve on that. Just swapping deck chairs around on the titanic.

If Young is ok or only missing 1-2weeks I see him as being my D6 still at years end.

EDIT:
Even if I could magically click my fingers and cash my entire bench in now for $200k players that would only nett me ~$550k (from cashing in 5 players..). Enough to fixup maybe 2 rooks on field.

We'll need to get creative with who we target. I dont think Sidebottom in a couple weeks is even a good idea at $800k. just too expensive.
100% it’s not the time to pay big dollars for players. Next week I’ll look to offload Pittonet and will probably just settle for English as that’s a 200k upgrade, where to Gawn it’s 450k. That’s two lots of upgrades worth of money

Best midpriced defender preferably under 600K??

Not many options under $600k.
I'm keeping an eye on Hurn when he returns to Optus stadium. Currently $560k and lots more to lose. If he can average ~ 70 at home then I might straight swap him from Corr in a couple weeks.

If you MUST get someone now and they MUST be sub $600k then Tuohy will serve you well for 4-6weeks while Stewart is out. Tuohy is currently $569k and should lift to ~ $650k in the next month?

But otherwise if you can shell out a few more bones to get just over $600k you've got plenty of ok choices.
Sicily $609k
Ridley $606k
Short $605k

I'd probably go with Short out of that lot.

100% it’s not the time to pay big dollars for players. Next week I’ll look to offload Pittonet and will probably just settle for English as that’s a 200k upgrade, where to Gawn it’s 450k. That’s two lots of upgrades worth of money

Yeah I think that'll be the right idea for R2. I don't have time to target English now so I'll be keeping an eye on Witts to fill that R2 spot once pitto has maxxed out. Witts currently $659k and perhaps a little more to lose. If he can get back in form he's a ~$750k player.

Tossing up whether to double down this week by going:
T.Brown > Simpson
Starc > Mcpherson
Leaving me with $324k to play with next week.

Or:
Brown > Simpson
Ceglar > Zorko/Bont/M.Crouch (Prob Crouch with the runs on the board last couple of weeks and zorko having more money to drop)

Obviously rookie carnage will dictate which way I go but I think it's almost time for Cegs to get the flick and get another premo into my mids

So aside from Simpson im trying to decide who else to get in. My ruck lineup of NicNat and Pittbull has used up all its value. But the big 3 are so expensive.

Cant justify 900k on Max or 830k on Goldy. Then theres Grundy who has a huge BE and talks on Collingwood forums he might be rested.

Ugh. Dont know if i can sit through another weekend without at least 1 of those big 3!

Or i can do double downgrade and get Rankine. Have about $400k next week.

Yep agree.
I'm pretty content with my defence at the moment being doch, smith, houston, aish, corr, young.
Any time I think about upgrading any of them I can't find anyone I like (other than Lloyd but I dont think he's even worth his cheaper price tag at the minute).
Short or Ridley?

Tossing up whether to double down this week by going:
T.Brown > Simpson
Starc > Mcpherson
Leaving me with $324k to play with next week.

Or:
Brown > Simpson
Ceglar > Zorko/Bont/M.Crouch (Prob Crouch with the runs on the board last couple of weeks and zorko having more money to drop)

Obviously rookie carnage will dictate which way I go but I think it's almost time for Cegs to get the flick and get another premo into my mids

Could you do Cegs-> Simpson and Starc -> McPherson as the double downgrade?

Gives you 1 more week as a sighter on who's worth picking up for Brown next week?

Zorko might be a good option and with that extra week he'll be bottomed out.

I wouldve suggested Sloane but now he's out for 4-6 weeks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back