Trades Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor > Stephens (Whit FWD)
Starc > Short
$85k left

Leaves my defence as
Doc, Houston, Maynard, Short, Ridley, Aish (Rivers, Butler)
and my forwards as
Whit, Trac, Simpkin, Smith, Brayshaw, Bewley (King, Aarts)

Very happy to leave those lines the same on field for a few weeks and concentrate on getting my last 3 rooks in the midfield upgraded

Next week it will be probably Buderick > Simpson
and then
Anderson > the best mid I can afford
or
Cripps can f**k off!!!

I'd go short purely because of a similar output to Ridley so far this season, plus the added ceiling of picking up some of those Houli touches, and more of a POD. At least, that's what I'm telling myself to justify bringing him in.

Yeah I'm bringing in Short this week.
I went early on Ridley (got him for $475k odd) and it helped me a lot in the rankings.
Thinking the same this week with Short as many will double down and miss out on Short being so cheap

Could you do Cegs-> Simpson and Starc -> McPherson as the double downgrade?

Gives you 1 more week as a sighter on who's worth picking up for Brown next week?

Zorko might be a good option and with that extra week he'll be bottomed out.

I wouldve suggested Sloane but now he's out for 4-6 weeks :(

I had been watching Sloane as well. Shame he's out of the mix but he hasn't really done much at all this year so maybe saved me some disappointment.

I can do those trades and it nets me a tasty $632k to carry over to next week. That should be enough for a double upgrade next week but seems a lot of money to not be fielding for a week?!

I had been watching Sloane as well. Shame he's out of the mix but he hasn't really done much at all this year so maybe saved me some disappointment.

I can do those trades and it nets me a tasty $632k to carry over to next week. That should be enough for a double upgrade next week but seems a lot of money to not be fielding for a week?!

Yeah it's a lot of coin, but then Ceglar -> Simpson is basically an upgrade at this point. The fact you make cash is secondary.

Either way you're probably intending to trade Ceglar the week after. So it may as well be this week and save that $20-$30k loss of cash when he misses his BE again this week.

If you're nervous about the cash sitting there then consider doing Ceglar -> Simpson as trade one, then upgrade either of Taylor or Starc?

ie
Ceglar -> Simpson
Starc -> Short or Taylor -> Whitfield.

Heeney out for season, JPK out for 6+
Mills & Stephens might continue their good scoring..

Whilst on Callum Mills, imagine bringing him in last week, at quarter time he was on 1 point. You'd rage.
QxQ scores of 1,46,49,29

Yeah it's a lot of coin, but then Ceglar -> Simpson is basically an upgrade at this point. The fact you make cash is secondary.

Either way you're probably intending to trade Ceglar the week after. So it may as well be this week and save that $20-$30k loss of cash when he misses his BE again this week.

If you're nervous about the cash sitting there then consider doing Ceglar -> Simpson as trade one, then upgrade either of Taylor or Starc?

ie
Ceglar -> Simpson
Starc -> Short or Taylor -> Whitfield.

That's actually a good point. I don't really want to see Ceglar drop more coin unnecessarily.

As my second trade I can do:

Taylor > Ba Smith + $257K (I held Whit)
or
Starc > Lloyd + $61K
or
Starc > Short + $217K

Whichever way I go I like the look of my team better than holding Cegs and most of my rooks have been playing except Xerri, McInerney, Brown

Whilst on Callum Mills, imagine bringing him in last week, at quarter time he was on 1 point. You'd rage.
QxQ scores of 1,46,49,29
Not to mention Warner and Stoddart were non factors and should be straight out.

If McInerney isn’t back this week Swans players should be ineligible for fantasy selection from now on due to a non compliant coach.

QxQ scores of 1,46,49,29

With the trading history I posted on the first page I've been thinking about brining in Mills just for the memories, that guy has burnt me so many times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't bother with Sloane until he shows something... looks a shadow of the gut busting runner of seasons gone. Ha - just saw hes out for a while with a broken hand.

That's actually a good point. I don't really want to see Ceglar drop more coin unnecessarily.

As my second trade I can do:

Taylor > Ba Smith + $257K (I held Whit)
or
Starc > Lloyd + $61K
or
Starc > Short + $217K

Whichever way I go I like the look of my team better than holding Cegs and most of my rooks have been playing except Xerri, McInerney, Brown

Yeah something about holding Cegs this week just didn't look right to me. he looks worst than a rook on field right now due to his price tag.

I like any/all of those moves you listed. But I reckon skip Lloyd though.

You could potentially grab one of Short or Smith this week, then do the other trade next week.

If you can pull that off then perhaps do the Starc-> Short trade this week and the Taylor -> Smith trade next week (Smith still has the KO score in his rotation keeping his BE up).

Yeah something about holding Cegs this week just didn't look right to me. he looks worst than a rook on field right now due to his price tag.

You could potentially grab one of Short or Smith this week, then do the other trade next week.

If you can pull that off then perhaps do the Starc-> Short trade this week and the Taylor -> Smith trade next week (Smith still has the KO score in his rotation keeping his BE up).
Ceglar didnt fair well in the wet and he's earnt the chop for me... especially with big max coming up this week... i've gotta say sayonara to Ceglar!

Ceglar didnt fair well in the wet and he's earnt the chop for me... especially with big max coming up this week... i've gotta say sayonara to Ceglar!

That's gonna get really ugly with a BE of 85 already.... He proved a handy bloke to have in the early rounds with Naismith but def has to go this week

You're right, the extra $$$ saved on Lloyd will help me get another upgrade done next week. Really think Short is a must have? How would you rate him vs Mills with JK out and Smith with Sloane going down?

Is Mitch Hibberd an option? Seems very solid, but no one seems to be getting him. I might be missing something.

Brought him in on his debut just off the PS hype alone. Played him on field this week too and was very pleased. Loves a hug and is older than most rooks so that's enough for me

thoughts on Ben McEvoy?
456k, BE 41. Should go 60 min with Patton going down - mid price value ?
Chuck him in def - backup ruck option

That's gonna get really ugly with a BE of 85 already.... He proved a handy bloke to have in the early rounds with Naismith but def has to go this week

You're right, the extra $$$ saved on Lloyd will help me get another upgrade done next week. Really think Short is a must have? How would you rate him vs Mills with JK out and Smith with Sloane going down?

I'd probably rate Brodie Smith over Short at the moment only because he should be comfortably in your team till the end. Short will drop off once Houli returns.

Short term though Short will probably be the better scorer (4-6weeks).

I wouldn't grab Mills. He doesn't have that ceiling. 40pts one week, 80pts the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back